Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Hilgindorf Incident

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

The Hilgindorf Incident

Was it just me that saw the punch that felled Hilgy? I thought it was blatant but even on the re-plays the comentators didn't acknowledge it. But that isn't much of a surprise as they were pretty one eyed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash

Angry You weren't seeing things

Yea it was a blatant right cross to the eye.

vCash
    Yeah the commentating was shocking. It's almost unbearable to watch s14 with NZ commentators. I agree that the punch to the face was evident. The commentators just brushed it off as if it was a part of the tackle. Had it been teams reversed however I think calls for a send off would have been issued. However the touchy said nothing also so what can you do?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    to be honest I thought it was an elbow

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Just read that the culprit has been cited and Hilgy is out for the rest of the season with a fractured eye socket.

In my opinion it was a punch and elbow and quite deliberate......if the guy does not go down for at least 3 weeks then there is no justice.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vortextua
    Yeah the commentating was shocking. It's almost unbearable to watch s14 with NZ commentators. I agree that the punch to the face was evident. The commentators just brushed it off as if it was a part of the tackle. Had it been teams reversed however I think calls for a send off would have been issued. However the touchy said nothing also so what can you do?

The bastard got 16 weeks - the heaviest penalty ever imposed on a NZ player. I must admit to being very surprised at the penalty. It was a bad one but I've seen worse.

Whatever, we've lost another good fly-half for the season. I'd be playing O'young and Daruda next week if I was coaching. A tough asignment for whoever he picks. THE toughest.

You blokes reckon the TV commentators were bad? Anyone else have the misfortune to have to listen to those kiwi radio commentators on Radio Freo? I had to leave for work at half time and it was like listening to half a dozen Murray Mexted Clones. No - apologies to Mux. He's just as biased but doesn't gloat non stop. It was the pits.

And our kiwi buddies say our commentators are biased, for $@ck's sake!

I know the boys were flogged today. But I wasn't as upset as I was with them after the Otago game. We can barely put a backline on the paddock now and I think they need support from us. The Blues should really have stuck 60 - 70 points on them and weren't up to it. The Force, again, didn't give up. Look at some of the capitulations fron ZA teams in NZ in the past and I remember the Crusaders running up a couple of rather larger scores against a certain team from NSW a couple of years back.

KEEP THE FAITH. there'll be better days, for sure.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Was this the same judiciary that penalised Staniforth 1 week? Sort of puts it into pespective ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    16 weeks its just dirty play to do that ... theres no point! specially when they are so far ahead! and I though the south african teams played dirty .... hmmm naughty boys ... I didnt get to watch the game but saw the replays on the news tut tut tut .... hmmm

vCash
    Well Iwas just listening to the Crusaders Game when i heard of the penlty to ruatoki for his attack on Hilgendoff. Yes 16 weeks is tough but do the crime do the time
    I think staners was lucky with 1 week
    Well this has made selection differcult now for the game on friday. But as our boys have shown in the past they never say never and a close loss would be great.
    He boys just need to band together and play to there best.
    Can Mitch please start Fava .O'Young , James and stanners in the line as I feel that this combo is the way to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mowerman6167
    Can Mitch please start Fava .O'Young , James and stanners in the line as I feel that this combo is the way to go
    I'd like to see Scott Daruda get some game time outside O'Young. I don't think we've seen him to best advantage yet. Saw a bit of him in Brisbane club rugby last year and he has real ability. Just that he's been getting the ball on the back foot most of the time he's played at 10 for The Force. Where do you want him to start Fava? It's a given he'll start at 8, isn't it?

vCash

Thumbs up

16 weeks, geez thats a long time for a punch in the face, but then he should be out for at least as long as Hilgidorf, so I spose it aint to much. It will definatly wake a few of players up to the prospect of missing the up coming rep season. I agree that O'Young and Daruda should be the starting half back, first five combination with Staniforth at second five to take some weight off Deruda's shoulders. Leaveing the kicking to Shepherd for the time being.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    footage of the "incident" here (18 MB)
    ABC News report here
    Looks to me like tipoki was gonna go the tackle, saw who it was, lined him and clocked him one ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    if you watch the replay, he deserves it. dirty, dirty!!!!!! no question!

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I just watchedthe game OMG!!!! that is soooo dirty .... and the commentators WTF!!! "i didnt see a headknock ... he did hit the ground hard but his head was up" .... are they blind??? 16 weeks is fair ... there is no room for dirty play in rugby ... its just not right!!! they are there to play a game ... not beat up the other team .... pffft

vCash
    Agree with Shasta re Force playing better against Blues (despite the scoreline). The H'landers game undid the good work of the two previous games, because in Dunedin it was a shambles. Force never gave up at North Harbour, and injury and mistakes did us in again against a team that shouldn't have had their hattrick try scorer on the field!

When the Blues travel to Perth next year, we will have our first true GRUDGE MATCH .

Last edited by MysticBalls; 17-04-06 at 19:04.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast