Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is ME the worst stadium in Oz

vCash
    I've not had a bad seat at MES yet, but I can't imagine being at MES and being unable to make out a player's number without the use of binoculars. Even an unupgraded MES will be better than a deteriorated Subi for watching rugby.

baaaaaa

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Excellent trolling skills eddie.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    Excellent trolling skills eddie.
    Not really....
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hey Eddie, way to wade into the argument.

For the record, I agree wholeheartedly that MES is not a good stadium in which to watch rugby, but I personally feel it is a better option than Subi

Not arguing with that.

for the following reasons.
    I have watched many rugby games at MES, all the preseason trials, the Perth Spirit games and one or two Club GFs. The view from every seat I've been in (and the shed) shits all over my gold seat in Subi (Block 101 row F on the aisle)

And mine in block 104, row Q

I too have sat in the Eastern stand, including on the fence for the Manu Samoa trial. I thought it rocked (and remember the sun was in our eyes for pretty much the whole match) I remember calling something out to Canno as he was walking up to throw into a lineout and getting a thumbs up......you can't do that in Subi.....hell the ground announcer can't do that in subi.

Agree

I sat reasonably high in this stand for the spirit matches and found the view (whilst I agree it was shallow) to be pretty good I certainly could see what was going on without my 'subiaco binoculars' (ie spending half the game watching the big screen because the players were on the opposite touchline and I couldn't see anything below their waist.

Sitting in the Eastern stand second tier lower seats near the aisles, you will have your view obscured by the railings. I had a good look this week at the Glory game.

And where did you sit at subi, the bench?

Yes, well, like you, block 104 is behind the bench and I totally agree, total crap.

Careful, I have some shithot photos from those seats, Crusaders and Reds trial. If you tell me they're bad I might not take coach up on his offer for next year's trial.

I do know this area well, it is, to my mind too shallow and too far from the line and directly behind the bench. depends very much where you are. And anyway, I doubt very much whether any of these seats will be available to us.

OK, not arguing with that
    dunno where you bought your beer, but mine was the aforementioned corporate sponsor slop......and it was overpriced, even stevens for the average man.

the Subi Club clubrooms at the Subi end of the ground, behind the 3 tier stand. Good stuff. Not the corporate slop.

You also mentioned later in your comments shelter......I don't know how long you've been sitting in gold, but I can't think of a single gold seat at subi that's under shelter

I didn't mention shelter, I mentioned COVER, totally different for reasons I've spelt out to Slomo, see my reply there. But agree that no shelter for Gold at subi.

I'm with Slomo, I personally reckon the rectangular factor, getting us closer to the action (in some cases by over 200 metres) will work to improve your view.......the rest will come in time, particularly since enough people who've dropped their memberships because they know damn well they can buy nickel seats at subi and simply walk straight to the gold seats once the game starts. towards the end of last season, they didn't even bother going through the right gate into the ground.[/QUOTE]

You can go into virtually any gate and find your seat. And yes, we had nickel etc wandering into the gold area.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Here is some pics from the Crusader game

http://twf.com.au/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=198

And here is a video I made

YouTube- Force vs crusaders 2009
    Nice video but, as I've mooted elswhere, players continually walking in front of you. Clear to see.

vCash
    Oooo..... there's a thought. Coach will have to re-do the "Member's seating" map.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Onto it I first asked a couple months ago for a new seating plan for the upgraded MES, and again more recently - it's MES is dragging it's feet on supplying one!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Shweet

Maybe TWF could draw up it's own one in lieu. With seating suggestions

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    with renewals coming out next week, you'd expect seat and/or block numbers - we should be able to build up a map pretty quick if no other sources are forthcoming ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewoof View Post
    the Subi Club clubrooms at the Subi end of the ground, behind the 3 tier stand. Good stuff. Not the corporate slop.

You also mentioned later in your comments shelter......I don't know how long you've been sitting in gold, but I can't think of a single gold seat at subi that's under shelter

I didn't mention shelter, I mentioned COVER, totally different for reasons I've spelt out to Slomo, see my reply there. But agree that no shelter for Gold at subi.

I'm with Slomo, I personally reckon the rectangular factor, getting us closer to the action (in some cases by over 200 metres) will work to improve your view.......the rest will come in time, particularly since enough people who've dropped their memberships because they know damn well they can buy nickel seats at subi and simply walk straight to the gold seats once the game starts. towards the end of last season, they didn't even bother going through the right gate into the ground.
    You can go into virtually any gate and find your seat. And yes, we had nickel etc wandering into the gold area.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Nice video but, as I've mooted elswhere, players continually walking in front of you. Clear to see.
    It seems we're in agreement over much of the issue, maybe I'm just a glass half-full kinda guy!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    One thing that should be said is that the ME stadium as we know it will be different to the one that we see for the first Force game of 2010 Super 14 Season.

RugbyWA, The Town of Vincent and other interested parties are throwing a tonne of money at the stadium to improve the facilities for all. If my memory serves me correctly that includes a 2 Million dollar upgrade to the lighting so it is up to Super14 standard and 3 additional grand stands to increase the seating to 21,000+.

I can understand Eddiewoof's and others concerns but lets see what happens with these upgrades before we assign MES to the scrapheap.
    2 Million is peanuts when talking of stadium upgrades

eddie

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewoof View Post
    2 Million is peanuts when talking of stadium upgrades

eddie
    yes but $2m will be a lot of money when it is spent just on lights

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    The "worst stadium in Oz" is a three way tie between Spewbi Oval, Arena Joondalup and Bendigo Bank Stadium. Not surprisingly, they are all WAFL ovals.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    The "worst stadium in Oz" is a three way tie between Spewbi Oval, Arena Joondalup and Bendigo Bank Stadium. Not surprisingly, they are all WAFL ovals.
    well,you were never going to knock your old home ground B&B

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    well,you were never going to knock your old home ground B&B
    Very true.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2