Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brumbies New Jersey 2010

vCash

Thumbs up Brumbies New Jersey 2010

A Mudskipper Propaganda Initiative

Brumbies geared up for a title

First there were the latest recruits, then there was a new-look outfit and now Stephen Hoiles has put the rest of the Super 14 on notice: the ACT Brumbies want the title - badly.

The Brumbies skipper will lead a star-studded line-up into the 2010 season and the squad is already bubbling with exciting possibilities.

But Hoiles knows returning to Super rugby supremacy won't be easy and he wants a steely resolve instilled in every player.

''We're expecting big things from this side next year,'' Hoiles said.

''But just by having a good list and expectation, it doesn't mean you can be complacent. We'd be fools to think that just by signing some players and finishing in the top half of the comp last season is going to win us the competition in 2010.

''We've got to do a lot of work, we have to be smart about it and understand how we want to play, and I think we're on track to doing that.''

Hoiles, Justin Harrison and Guy Shepherdson yesterday officially launched a new-look, no-collar Brumbies strip for the 2010 season.

The jersey still features the ACT crest on the right with Canberra emblazoned underneath to give the team a strong link to the capital.

Brumbies chief executive Andrew Fagan hoped the new jumper would signal a new era for his club.

''I think this new jersey with the [ACT] coat-of-arms will be welcomed by the community,'' Fagan said.

''This is our home, we play for this city, we live here and, to have it for the first time on jersey, I think it will be really well received.''

The Brumbies have added Matt Giteau, Rocky Elsom, Josh Valentine and Harrison to a squad already oozing talent.

However, the team's Wallabies representatives will not return to training until early January, leaving time for limited preparation.

Injuries and representative duties mean the Brumbies will not have a full complement of players available until after Christmas.

The Brumbies finish their first lot of pre-season training on Sunday.

They return to the training on January 4 before playing a preseason game against the Wellington Hurricanes on January 29.

BRUMBIES ON TRIAL

Super 14 pre-season matches

January 29: v Wellington Hurricanes at Westpac Stadium, Wellington

February 4: v NSW Waratahs at Viking Park, Canberra

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...e/1705073.aspx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ''I think this new jersey with the [ACT] coat-of-arms will be welcomed by the community,'' Fagan said.
    Too bad for the rest of their catchment area in Southern NSW...

To a fan the Brumbies have all the signs of taking the title.
    To a bystander they have all the signs of choking and finishing mid to lower table.
    I believe it is the following year that deserves the hype, not 2010.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Too bad for the rest of their catchment area in Southern NSW...

To a fan the Brumbies have all the signs of taking the title.
    To a bystander they have all the signs of choking and finishing mid to lower table.
    I believe it is the following year that deserves the hype, not 2010.

There are a few very good squads in 2010 S14, Bulls , Sharks, Saders and Canes... and plenty of good mid table teams scrapping it out... However the Brumbies do have a good playing roster and excellent squad depth in 2010… But If they don't make the finals they'll be heavily ridiculed. I rather have Real Madrid expectations than just wishful anticipation. A home semi is where it’s at and a home final if they are to win a championship in 2010 and that will be tough.

We’ll just have to wait and see Burgs…

The Tahs could be good but I’m not sure about their coach

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Brumbies defying rugby's recession

This year was a shocker for all the Australian teams. The Force had an internal spat and lost key players, the Tahs alienated a fair percentage of their supporters by playing shit rugby, the Reds, well – they were the Reds and the Brumbies season was struck by tragedy.

Although all four teams had poor results season wise, the Brumbies were at least able to produce some inspiring performances and show that with an injection of key talent, 2010 would definitely be a year for growth.

Indeed while all other provinces are wringing their hands and struggling with membership numbers, the Brumbies are flying. Speaking at today’s launch of the team’s 2010 jersey, CEO Andrew Fagan was chuffed with the response from the local community.

“Membership is extremely strong at the moment. We have well over 8,000 members already signed up for next season and we really can’t wait to get started in February.”

Speaking to G&GR earlier this year, Coach Andy Friend highlighted the importance of engaging with the local community as a way of ingraining the Brumbies into the sporting psyche of Canberra. This mantra of engagement with the community is something the Brumbies are looking to build on this season as Fagan explained.

“This is our home, we play for this city, we live here and to have the words Canberra on our jersey will be really well received. The biggest change is the retail jersey will now have the Coat-of-Arms (of Canberra) as well as the Canberra Centenary inscription.

“Our campaign for the year is ‘Stand as one’, and this is the first time in our history we’ve done this and now anyone wearing one of our jersey’s will be able to represent Canberra just like the players do. The players and office staff came up with the idea and we were looking at ways to best represent Canberra and the Coat-of-Arms was what we thought was the best thing to do”

It’s not difficult to be bullish about the Brumbies chances next year as they have managed to cherry-pick the very best talent in Australian rugby. Indeed it is a vote of confidence in the Brumby set-up that the likes of Rocky Elsom, Gits and Googy Harrison have chosen to put their collective shingles out in the Nation’s capital.

It is an astounding fact that the Brumbies will boast this year’s three Wallaby Captains in their line-up in 2010. While this fact is not lost on skipper Stephen Hoiles, he is quick to point out that the Brumbies chances were already heading in the right direction without the big signings

“We’re expecting big things from the side next year, we’ve got some new signings but take-away the new signings I think the squad we had this year (2009) was heading toward something good and we were probably just a game short. I guess with the new signings we are really expecting a big year (2010) for the side.”

In the political hub of the county, Hoiles showed his class by staying on message and, as Fagan had done, pointed to the connection the Brumbies feel with the community and their supporters.

“The best thing about the jersey is the people in the community can go out and buy the same thing we are wearing out on the field so I think everyone really feels as though they belong.

“In Canberra we feel that it’s a smaller community and the supporters are definitely right behind you and win, lose or draw, they are always proud to say they are Brumbies fans”

I reckon with the arsenal of talent assembled in Canberra, the Brumbies community may just feel a little prouder of their team in 2010 than they have in recent seasons.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/can...7;s-recession/

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post

Indeed while all other provinces are wringing their hands and struggling with membership numbers, the Brumbies are flying.

“Membership is extremely strong at the moment. We have well over 8,000 () members already signed up for next season and we really can’t wait to get started in February.”

fricken idiots...

Muddy, that was some shitty article. did you read it?? i believe it should be deleted from this forum...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post

fricken idiots...

Muddy, that was some shitty article. did you read it?? i believe it should be deleted from this forum...
    Its just opinion I wouldn't worry about the numbers nonsense... It just shows what other provinces are doing...

vCash
    is 8000 members good for the brumbies?....... After a losing start to next season the brumbies should make the finals easily, with the squad they've assembled......
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    What's the Force membership? I recall reading that it hit 10,000 at Christmas Eve last year, but I don't know what it ended up at. The reports about the capacity of MES seemed to indicate that we had about 14,000 members.

vCash
    Last year we had 17000 season tickets with all indicators pointing to an increase this year.

Apparently this has been the best year ever for renewals.

C'mon the

vCash
    reminds me better renew the memberships before friday......
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Is it just me - or does the look on Harrison's face say: "I had forgotten what tossers this lot are!"

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Or is it, "Awww, whaddya mean no .... at parties!"...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Is it just me - or does the look on Harrison's face say: "I had forgotten what tossers this lot are!"
    If not it's something in a similar vein!!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I read: I've been hit in the head so many times that now my IQ is lower than my shoe size.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I read: I've been hit in the head so many times that now my IQ is lower than my shoe size.
    I guess the size fits then James? WTF does fit mean?... Are you made of paper .... harden up son your team needs you.... its ground zero... your fighting to be a mid table team...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I guess the size fits then James? WTF does fit mean?... Are you made of paper .... harden up son your team needs you.... its ground zero... your fighting to be a mid table team...
    Have you been smoking crack again Muddy? If indeed smoking is what you do with crack.

Anyone else notice the rather camp posture that Harrison has. The slightly bent hip. Very suggestive. Keep it in your pants Muddy.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast