Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: gutted

vCash
    Caldwell came out and admitted that his finger did go into byrnes mouth but the injury was from when he tried to pull it out and not from a bite.

Byrnes also gave evidence saying that he felt no pressure on his eyes nor did he have any damage from the alleged eye gouge.

Both charges have been dropped however Dean Mumm has been suspended for two games over his shoulder charge to the back of Saia Faingaa

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Caldwell came out and admitted that his finger did go into byrnes mouth but the injury was from when he tried to pull it out and not from a bite.

Byrnes also gave evidence saying that he felt no pressure on his eyes nor did he have any damage from the alleged eye gouge.
    ah huh .... likely story....

vCash
    The Waratahs were forced to do a deal with the Reds, once the footage of the Caldwell gouging episode was released. Caldwell had some gall to complain to the ref about his finger being bitten.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    ah huh .... likely story....
    maybe, maybe not, the doctor also indicated that the injury was consistent with a pulling motion rather then a bite

vCash
    Does this thread apply to any scottish fans?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "the injury was from when he tried to pull it out and not from a bite."
    WTF
    I just stuck my finger into my own open mouth ten times and not once did it get injured when I pulled it out...

File the whole lot under "They would say that wouldn't they"....

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And Dean Mumm is a gutless prick for what he did, deserved two weeks worth of clowning at a rodeo.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    maybe, maybe not, the doctor also indicated that the injury was consistent with a pulling motion rather then a bite
    a pullng motion through closed teeth - so Byrne didn't actually chew on it for a bit then?

They did teh right thing for him making a deal not to say anything, he would have unfortunately likely got burnt also should the truth [as far as I could make out] really be told. Better they both walk than he get stung too I say, but you'd [that's a collective "you"] be kidding yourself if you thought Caldwell accidently jammed slipped his finger into his mouth...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    a pullng motion through closed teeth - so Byrne didn't actually chew on it for a bit then?

They did the right thing for him making a deal not to say anything, he would have unfortunately likely got burnt also should the truth [as far as I could make out] really be told. Better they both walk than he get stung too I say, but you'd [that's a collective "you"] be kidding yourself if you thought Caldwell accidently jammed slipped his finger into his mouth...
    Coach have you seen the video, Caldwell had his hand all over Byrnes face at the time, it didnt look intentional but it definetly possible that a finger went into his mouth.

Ive stuck one of my fingers in someones mouth once whilst trying to tackle them and ive had my family jewels grabbed as well, neither intentional.

vCash
    Gutter... I think not the Reds showed some real passion and talent... just lost focus in the end.

vCash
    Coach have you seen the video, Caldwell had his hand all over Byrnes face at the time, it didnt look intentional but it definetly possible that a finger went into his mouth.

Ive stuck one of my fingers in someones mouth once whilst trying to tackle them and ive had my family jewels grabbed as well, neither intentional.
    Yeah - saw the video and Caldwell did pretty much have Byrnes entire face covered with his hand, and it was quite an awkward grasp for him too (look at the vid from GAGR in post 14 (http://twf.com.au/showpost.php?p=244171&postcount=14)) but he held it.

His index finger started around Byrnes eye, and someway managed to make it's way to his mouth were it got treated with teh respect ot desrerved. I guess it may have been accidental, but some accidents are easily avoided and he must've known he was holding onto him by the face.

This isn't a debate really - you've seen the same footage I have, we just read it different ways. Whilst it probably made no difference to the final result, it makes me feel good to think the tahs won by cheating. Go Reds (but not Round 5 )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2