Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SPANNER IN THE WORKS

vCash

SPANNER IN THE WORKS

The Emirates Western Force has been denied the opportunity to bring former player Scott Staniforth in as injury cover after the Australian Rugby Union vetoed the move.

More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Apprentice
    vCash

GET IT TOGETHER MITCHELL

seriously... i cant believe how much money they are throwing away...??

why bring all these old men over here to play?? half of them were not even ready to play the first game of the season!!! Why not use all the young and fit guys that have been waiting their turn to shine and putting in hard work on little pay to sit there and watch the coaching staff hunt for more players... for god sakes what a joke!

All 3 of the big names are injured and one out for the whole season..... instead of worrying about what names you have in your line up look at the talent the age and if they can play a whole game...even better see if they can make it through training..... you can’t teach and old dog new tricks....

Mark Bartholomeusz
    Sam Harris
    Andre Pretorius

Ryan Cross can’t even play a game without running out of fuel his getting to old to play at centre.... Tatupu did all the running at their home game against the Brumbies.... Yes he has played some outstanding games... but he has nothing left in him now...

Why not give all the young guns a run........ ?? I think if you put a strong line up not worry about names and get your attack and defence sorted out... you may even win a few games!

Stop bringing new kids over... telling em they have a shot n to train hard and never giving them a run...

Stop wasting time effort and money on men that are well over cooked and let the young lungs, legs and arms win it for the FORCE!

You would think by now Mitchell would get the picture... or try something new?

vCash
    Time Spent Online
    31 Minutes 2 Seconds

nuff said....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beloveit View Post
    seriously... rant rant rant ... or try something new?
    That might sound great down the local, but it is actually crap.
    Mitchell would have blooded more players than any other team in the S14, apart from perhaps the Reds, in the last four and a bit seasons and has an impeccable record of playing players when they are good enough rather than old enough.
    The only players yet to debut on the list are Hunt (bench last week), Jones (19 yr old Lock, not a problem position), Swanepoel (19yr old Scrumhalf, not a problem position) and Tyrrell (local player, injured). The area the Force are trying to stop the problem is the key position of Flyhalf (and then in the Centers) that requires experience to lead a very junior list.
    If you actually believe what you are ranting then that is very sad, as you are ignoring the bigger picture on his development strategies.
    The Force have a severely depleted list for most of the rest of this season and have no cover in certain positions. It would be madness to try and even find, let alone bring in unproven juniors when in fact, most of the rest of the match day selection will be made up of that very type player.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    blah blah blah
    no mileage here!

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    mate.... you missed quite a few players yet to debut...
    ones that people dont even no about... So are stop ya ranting ay.

Veteran
    vCash
    please inform us of these untapped beauties, are they below academy level?

vCash
    mate.... you missed quite a few players yet to debut...
    ones that people dont even no about... So are stop ya ranting ay.
    So how then does this support your original premise that John Mitchell only selects old, decrepid players?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    So how then does this support your original premise that John Mitchell only selects old, decrepid players?
    Well there's a surprise. He's gone off line. I suppose it's good strategy to retire hurt when it's your first time to bat and you end up on two strikes before you can blink.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I provide this as a service to my fellow TWFians!

C'mon the

vCash
    extract from article: “The ARU haven’t supported our request to bring Scott in on a short term deal, the main reason being he is still on contract with Yokogawa and isn’t a free agent,” Emirates Western Force General Manager of Rugby Mitch Hardy said.

“Their policy doesn’t allow for players to commute between competitions in Japan and Australia while they’re on contract with a Japanese club."...

Now surely the administration would have know this fact about player eligibility... After all it’s their job!

Unfortunately injuries happen nevertheless the Force isn’t entitled to special ARU dispensation. It appears that the Force have gone running to the ARU on numerous occasions appealing for dispensation and its been denied. What is this recruiting by appeal?

I’m beginning to think this executive behavior is just a subterfuge to hide fruitless recruiting. Perhaps the Force executive should be more realistic and not waste their time and others and abide by the ARU Super rugby rules. Surely they know them by now, after 5 seasons? This behavior is now seriously frustrating their supporters.

Vern it’s your call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Vern it’s your call.
    Bet he's shaking in his boots after that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Bet he's shaking in his boots after that.
    I think he may be a caretaker not a business leader... If you need a caretaker get a janitor, it’s cheaper...

Apprentice
    vCash
    oh please... step back and take a hard look.
    His leaving the young untouched beauties to be hid behind the line... you dont know who they are because he didnt pick them... there are not picked by mitchell.. at all.

And i am 100% right when it comes to the old worn players... think about it. They were only approched and signed because of the name and there experiance... Yes they have that behind them but they are to old to bring this team to a win...

We lost Matt and they are just trying to fill boots they they never will... Now look we are left struggling to find people to cover... ?

I love the force but what is happening i think its sad to see... We need a better coach... strong young men that can run a full 80min.. and can keep up at training... Yes injuries happen... but how much bad luck can you have with all 3 old big dogs... not enough.. cause now they are all in with the nurse... you have to EXPECT that when you have guys at the age they are.. and having played there years...

its time to give the younger fitter guys a go...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast