Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: QRU turns to ARU for financial help

vCash
    'Bout what I expected....a lot of bullshit and no attempt to answer a question. Par for the course.

Sorry,

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Reds needs a shot off business realism... Just like their state Government running to the Feds for cash...

Ballymore would make a truck load of cash for the Reds if used effectively... look at the Brumbies they have purchased property next to their small training facilities and are Co developing it into 220 million real-estate asset…. now that’s smart business... Reds take your asset and set up your long-term future...

Reds admin need to take a good hard look their asset on the river and its huge potential… The Reds biggest asset isn’t their past its their future… smarten up gentlemen…
    i hate to be suckered off topic, but you do realise that the ACT government is one of the most subsidised states/territories in Australia in terms of federal funding? Secondly Muddy, you need to realise that land that the Brumbies purchased was in fact purchased through a ARU loan.

Thirdly, the way the Brumbies will have the project geared is so they take a profit from the real estate development, however profit is still not a forgone conclusion nor are they going to be sitting on top of a $220million asset as you would insinuate.

Finally, things are a little more complicated then just slapping a bunch of houses on the Ballymore land, BCC are a little stringeful when it comes to turning greenspaces into developments. First and foremost the QRU needs to have the land rezoned, which has actually been in the process for years but faces stiff opposition for various reasons.

Anyway Muddy, do us a favour and stop trying to turn every discussion into one about the Brumbies

vCash
    A helpful response

• The land purchase came through a couple of loans only part ARU
    • All business development is built on loans
    • The Brumbies made a business case to repay their loan and grow. Of cause the assets has development costs
    • ACT is no more subsidised than other states but has gutters and Doctors
    • The Brumbies had to rezone the land also it is not an overnight happening but took time
    • The Reds need to have some business vision then ask for cash. Australian rugby doesn’t need to swallow the QLDRU debts

vCash
    ahh, groan......... my responses are highligted in bold
    A helpful response

• The land purchase came through a couple of loans only part ARU
      without the loan they couldnt proceed, the ARU provided a gauntee which made the project viable
    • All business development is built on loans
      no they arent, dont confuse what im saying muddy, im not saying that loans are bad things, im just stressing that the Brumbies are hardly financially indipendant as you would like us to believe
    • The Brumbies made a business case to repay their loan and grow. Of cause the assets has development costs
      well one would bloody well hope so
    • ACT is no more subsidised than other states but has gutters and Doctors
      muddy, you are now stepping into my realm of expertise so get your facts right, ACT receives $1.16 for ever $dollar they contibute to GST, in comparison QLD takes 1.006 and WA takes 0.94, meaning ACT is more heavily subsidised by the Fed Govt then these two states
    • The Brumbies had to rezone the land also it is not an overnight happening but took time
      it hasnt even happened yet
    • The Reds need to have some business vision then ask for cash. Australian rugby doesn’t need to swallow the QLDRU debts
      considering the QRU pays for the junior development of %40 of Australias professional players it seems only fair
    Muddy if you wish to continue talking about the ACT development then plese search through the archives for the probable numerous times you have started a thread about it and then bump one of those rather then using this one.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Remind me never to debate with you Tocc, that all makes entirely too much sense with no malice or slander. Me I would just said f@$# off, but hey I am a simple bloke with simple pleasures.

Regardless of any of the above if the ARU has the money and the QRU needs the money to stay afloat they will get it. I think the money spent on a state union that actively develops the game and young players is worth!

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Veteran
    vCash
    TOCC, you beat me to the ACT/WA/QLD GST purses...

WA and QLD get the least, especially recently with the GFC... since we make our money from resources, we weren't affected as bad as the typical aussie financial powerhouses (NSW & Vic)...

@Muddy... dude, i dont usually get involved in this crap... but stfu...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Remind me never to debate with you Tocc, that all makes entirely too much sense with no malice or slander.
    A first for the ninnernets! :O

vCash
    TOCC... GST is but one Tax and not the only revenue provided from the Federal budget to the states and territories…

I guess when QLD stops using AUS dollars they can keep all their GST until then they contribute the whole nation like the rest of us... the GST is not owned by any one state its a federal tax...

http://www.budget.gov.au/2008-09/con...m#attachment_a

Chart shows the State shares of total payments from the Commonwealth in 2008-09

Really the QLDRU has to put a business plan together not a bunch of juniors… Grass roots rugby is run by volunteer Mums and Dads not state admin groups. There is a difference.

What’s the problem with an open discussion... and using examples... TOCC if you address me I will respond... after all it’s a thread…..

vCash
    I'm not sure what your pie chart is supposed to show, Muddie. Looking at the populations of QLD (4.4 million) and ACT (350,000), the total payments per head of population are $3840 for QLD and $4080 for ACT. I'm not sure that helps your argument.

vCash
    TOCC... GST is but one Tax and not the only revenue provided from the Federal budget to the states and territories…

I guess when QLD stops using AUS dollars they can keep all their GST until then they contribute the whole nation like the rest of us... the GST is not owned by any one state its a federal tax...

http://www.budget.gov.au/2008-09/con...m#attachment_a

Chart shows the State shares of total payments from the Commonwealth in 2008-09

Really the QLDRU has to put a business plan together not a bunch of juniors… Grass roots rugby is run by volunteer Mums and Dads not state admin groups. There is a difference.

What’s the problem with an open discussion... and using examples... TOCC if you address me I will respond... after all it’s a thread…..
    cringe...

That graph you displayed isnt a rebuttal but rather more evidence to back up my point about ACT been more reliant on govt handouts then QLD..

QLD
    Population: 20.1%
    Federal Funding: 20.1%

ACT
    Population: 1.6%
    Federal Funding: 1.7%

What do those statistics indicate? The percentages displayed are represented as part of the overall population and funding to states and territories.
    It basically shows that ACT takes more per capita revenue then QLD'ers, no doubt at the exspense of WA, VIC and NSW.

-----------
    just noticed sheikh raised the same point

Veteran
    vCash
    not to mention the disparate amount of land that needs to be serviced...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    The ACT is Australia's greatest mistake and the capital should have stayed in Melbourne but interstate/colonial rivalries got the better of people. The farmer should have kept his land. It would probably be more exciting then what it is used for today thats for sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Yep. I've no idea what the cost of maintaining services (police, hospitals, fire, roads, water, etc) so far from the administrative centre would be, but I can imagine that it would be much cheaper if everything was within 30km of the centre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    cringe...

That graph you displayed isnt a rebuttal but rather more evidence to back up my point about ACT been more reliant on govt handouts then QLD..

QLD
    Population: 20.1%
    Federal Funding: 20.1%

ACT
    Population: 1.6%
    Federal Funding: 1.7%

What do those statistics indicate? The percentages displayed are represented as part of the overall population and funding to states and territories.
    It basically shows that ACT takes more per capita revenue then QLD'ers, no doubt at the exspense of WA, VIC and NSW.

-----------
    just noticed sheikh raised the same point
    The ACT government services service the southern and south western regions of NSW... believe it or not the ACT government lets those NSW people in to use the services... jeez who a thought it...

The Australian budget is not about boarders but providing services to the people... Even those who cross the boarder for services… Think about it a moment… It’s rather simple… surely the concept isn't beyond you...

Last edited by mudskipper; 24-02-10 at 21:28.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I was a boarder once.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast