Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: QRU turns to ARU for financial help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    The ACT government services service the southern and south western regions of NSW... believe it or not the ACT government lets those NSW people in to use the services... jeez who a thought it...

The Australian budget is not about boarders but providing services to the people... Even those who cross the boarder for services… Think about it a moment… It’s rather simple… surely the concept isn't beyond you...
    yes muddy im failiary with this concept, but realise QLD has more borders and potentially more transienty populations looking for services. Case and point is Tweed Heads, pratically double the size of Quenbeyan but totally reliant on the Gold Coast for major services. Secondly is Far North Queensland around the Torres Straight, the medical facilities up there are swamped with people from torres straight and the islands off pupua new guinea who come over for the better health services.

Dont try to act condescending beacuse you were embarrased previously.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Federal services don't have borders. The Tweed is a perfect example the hospitals there service a huge area of northern NSW... I would also add that the states get plenty financial assistance for business industry, for mining, manufacture and farming subsidies which the ACT doesn't... Additionally the Federal government is directly responsible for looking after its own key assets in the ACT... this adds to the running cost the territory...

The Brumbies map is a good example of all the rural towns the ACT services not just Quenbeyan.

Embarrassed previously? Pffft… you over rate yourself...

I purposely posted the Fed budget facts in black & white knowing your response would be about borders and not services. I knew you’d dig a larger whole for your argument.

Your anticipated response gave me the opportunity to inform you that Federal budgets are about services to the greater Australian populous not petty borders... Its not state of origin mate against mate… It’s about running a country…

It just took time for you to realise your mistaken… sorry if that's sounds condescending… However I did say I would respond…

However more importantly enjoy Ballymore this weekend...

Last edited by mudskipper; 25-02-10 at 14:54.

vCash
    Mud the fact that you can't spell Border correctly has me convinced you are an idiot

vCash
    haha Jargan, i ignored the first time as a typo, there is something a little ironic about a person debating something they cant even spell...

Federal services don't have boarders. The Tweed is a perfect example the hospitals there service a huge area of northern NSW... I would also add that the states get plenty financial assistance for business industry, for mining, manufacture and farming subsidies which the ACT doesn't... Additionally the Federal government is directly responsible for looking after its own key assets in the ACT... this adds to the running cost the territory...

The Brumbies map is a good example of all the rural towns the ACT services not just Quenbeyan.

Embarrassed previously? Pffft… you over rate yourself...

I purposely posted the Fed budget facts in black & white knowing your response would be about boarders and not services. I knew you’d dig a larger whole for your argument.

Your anticipated response gave me the opportunity to inform you that Federal budgets are about services to the greater Australian populous not petty boarders... Its not state of origin mate against mate… It’s about running a country…

It just took time for you to realise your mistaken… sorry if that's sounds condescending… However I did say I would respond…

However more importantly enjoy Ballymore this weekend...
    i do enjoy a good old dance of backpeddling, thanks for the show muddy.

Like i said muddy, if you wish to continue to talk about ACT then there is a perfectly good thread here..

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=23983&page=2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Mud the fact that you can't spell Border correctly has me convinced you are an idiot
    It's taken you almost 2 years to be convinced convinced?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    It's taken you almost 2 years to be convinced convinced?
    Genuine idiocy as opposed to just another troll

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Looking forward to Rd 12 when tic+TOCC lay a smackdown on trollskipper...

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    OK, I know I shouldn't bite, but...

I would also add that the states get plenty financial assistance for business industry, for mining, manufacture and farming subsidies which the ACT doesn't...
    The figures quoted in the pie-chart are total funding, so that would include subsidies, would it not? If you remove this extra funding that the states get then the differential in funding per head would be even greater.

... Additionally the Federal government is directly responsible for looking after its own key assets in the ACT... this adds to the running cost the territory...
    Why? Each state has it's own government. Arguably, the states would have higher running costs as they'd have to fund their own government and liase with the federal government; the ACT wouldn't need a liasion.

vCash
    Big deal typo... I did you slowly TOCC... very satisfying, putting down your petty QLDer Canberra bashing...

Now don't get Dengue fever from those blood sucking mosquitoes at Ballymore this weekend...I’m not sure its not covered in the Fed budget…

vCash
    Big deal typo... I did you slowly TOCC... very satisfying,
    Poor TOCC. Flogged mercilessly with a feather.

Quit while you're behind Mud.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I think its obvious that the ACT government isnt investing that extra funding in the education system

---boom tish-----

Last edited by TOCC; 25-02-10 at 15:28.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    OK, I know I shouldn't bite, but...

The figures quoted in the pie-chart are total funding, so that would include subsidies, would it not? If you remove this extra funding that the states get then the differential in funding per head would be even greater.

Why? Each state has it's own government. Arguably, the states would have higher running costs as they'd have to fund their own government and liase with the federal government; the ACT wouldn't need a liasion.
    I think you'll find that business and industry subsidies are federally related and not governed by states. Therefore not included in fed state budgets. Fed budgets are contributions to the state services for running costs not private business. States also had their own taxes to top up their treasury.

In brief to cover your other question about Canberra. Canberra has only had self-government since the late 80s before then the Federal government looked after the whole territory, along with other Australian territories. Today the federal assets such as buildings and infrastructure etc which are mostly in that is referred to as the parliamentary triangle are looked after by the federal government separately. Its mostly because its the national showcase, it also has special requirements such as security etc which is understandable...

(I hope there's no typoooos here)

vCash
    Coach, can I press a button to ignore a whole thread?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Coach, can I press a button to ignore a whole thread?
    Just don't click on it...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dunno Gigs but I can push the eject a whole member button...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast