Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tahs sink spirited Sharks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Does that mean you've given up on the love affair for Drew, Robyn? Or do you like chubby lovin'?
    I think it may be. The fat man in baby blue is just not my type. Did I used to love Dunning? No. Do I love Baxter? No. So Drew looks like he's in a bit of trouble if he's joining the chubby-men-in-sky-blue brigade

Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    They scored because Ryan Kankowski was so far off side it wasn’t funny.
    Really? I called that as clear. Even the commentators watched the replay and admitted he was safe. I thought it was a cracking try

Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    On another note to the Tahs get rid of Tom Carter the bloke is useless and doesn’t know how to pass. Time and again he stifled the attacking motions as well as being seriously out of position and having brain farts. Expect him to be benched next week for Horne who if he can sort his hamstrings out will take a long term lease on the 13 jumper. Beale played lotto and won the boys will be buying him with a beer for winning them the game.
    So THAT'S what happened to Horne. We puzzled long and hard over why he was on the bench. Carter is a bit of a catastrophe and definitely needs a little relocation. Is he an old guy or a youngun?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Carter made a few magnificent charges and cut the defence up a few times. I've never been a huge fan of his though. It seems to be the tahs game plan however. They are kicking a lot and playing the midfield crash ball. It's farking dull and should be archived since the new laws favour attacking rugby.

Rob Horne is a sensation. His list of injuries is a concern for someone so young. He reminds me of ben Tune. He is incredibly strong and has extreme acceleration. His tackling is kamakaze which may see his career end tragically early. He could be anything. I'd love to see him in 13, with Beale at 12 and Barnes at 10. I guess it doesn't suit the Tahs conservative game.

Dean Mumm had a great game. I never rated him but he has just got better and better. If the Tahs can find a tighthead, they will go very well. Baxter is just rubbish

Controversy corner

vCash
    That was a tough call to make, but the sharks player passed to a gap Beale was running straight into, the kick was on, so was the offload if he went himself. The decision could of gone either way but there is no reason to whinge over it.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I actually agree with Rex - while Carter may be considered a little limited as a player, I thought he played well in that match. Better him trucking it up than the halves and back three just endlessly kicking it away.

It is worth remembering that the distinction between knocking a ball up or down is itself purely an interpretation. The actual law is:
    12.1(e) Intentional knock or throw forward. A player must not intentionally knock the ball forward with hand or arm, nor throw forward.
    Sanction: Penalty kick. A penalty try must be awarded if the offence prevents a try that would probably otherwise have been scored.
    No mention of up or down, merely on. Mind you, it is a lightly administered law at the best of times - when was the last time anyone saw a penalty for a deliberate throw forward?

It is always about the word "probably". Tough one - if he had caught it I doubt anyone would have stopped him...they didn't look much like it the first time. But I also thought it was a pretty ordinary pass to his shoulder, and it is not like their passing had been real special all game. I suspect it was simply too far out from the line to be "probably" a try.

As an aside, there is also no direct link between between a penalty try and a yellow card. That requires an additional judgement, that the player prevented a probable try through intentional foul play. A player can concede a penalty try without intentional foul play and a card, or commit intentional foul play and get carded without the probabilty of a try, or both. Depends on the situation.

vCash
    i think the lions share of probability lies with the Sharks in Scoring as Beale was the only Tahs player within coooee if those two sharks players and it was a one touch knock-on..up/down/sideways is irrelivent... Although i like the Sharks less than i do the Tah's i still think that shouldve been a 5 pointer.

in fact id rate that on a par with the Chiefs sneaky lineout against the Force a few years ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    in fact id rate that on a par with the Chiefs sneaky lineout against the Force a few years ago
    Wasn't that the Blues?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Blues.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Bloody Mealamu...

vCash
    aah thats right

must still be traumatised from the chiefs demolition derby 2 weeks ago...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2