Thread: Nathan Sharpe: We're chipping away

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Nathan Sharpe: We're chipping away

NICK TAYLOR, The West Australian March 24, 2010, 4:29 pm

Enlarge photo

Frustration is a word often bandied about in sport, but on Saturday we had it in spades, so much so that I let go a Freudian slip of the tongue in the post-match interview, a result of an unsatisfying night's end to a gutsy effort by the Emirates Western Force.
    There is no doubt some crucial decisions didn't go our way.
    While this creates the frustration over what could have been, it should never be a refereeing decision that makes or breaks a game. Our performances need to be convincing enough to win irrespective of a "subjective" bad call.
    We need to get closer to achieving the consistency we've been focusing on this year.
    Saturday was a step in the right direction. Coming off the back of a disappointing performance against the Reds, I was immensely proud of the boys for coming together on Saturday and putting forward an encouraging display of attacking rugby.
    We can get so much better by doing things a little smarter in attack, rather than just bludgeoning our way through teams.
    No doubt that will be the point of difference when we start getting the results we are craving.
    We want success and will not be satisfied until we walk around the field at full time, shaking the hands of our supporters in victory.
    However, the areas in which we were lacking the week before were addressed and rectified against the Waratahs.
    Overcoming the previous defeat mentally is a big task in itself. Confidence can start to wane and decisions are second guessed. I'm proud of the way the boys rallied.
    This weekend pits us against the Pretoria-based Bulls, the defending Super 14 champions and currently on top of the ladder. This is a challenge I know all the boys are up for.
    For the last two years the Bulls have set the benchmark in playing mistake-free rugby, often deep within their opponents' half.
    They have a great ability to apply pressure on all teams through their huge forward pack and off the boots of their scrum-half and fly-half, both of whom have world class skills.
    The Ladies Day in support of the Breast Cancer Foundation of WA was also a great success, with plenty of the purple hats being displayed. It was a tremendous show of support from our crowd, so well done to all those who got behind us and the foundation.
    This Saturday sees Chris O'Young celebrate his 50th Super rugby game, a tremendous effort from a Force stalwart.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...chipping-away/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Force by 9.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    Force by 9.
    Yep Force by 5

vCash

Thumbs up

Definitely worth a wager http://www.sportingbet.com.au/uipub/...4&l2id=1545109 Currently Bulls $1.20 to the Force $4.20

by 3

I'm keeping the faith in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post

I'm keeping the faith in
    Even after the whole pink-bat fiasco?

vCash
    I'd reckon we could squeek past this one, Bulls on the road, the chance of some complacency, Force on the up, with some talent coming back (where's the team list, is Shep back???????) I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if we lost, but I'll tip Force by 3.

C'mon the

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

NICK TAYLOR, The West Australian March 24, 2010, 4:29 pm

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/union/6974854/nathan-sharpe-were-chipping-away/
    Just Love our Captain....Seein g him tomorrow at the captain's run..I will give him everyone's love and best wishes..