Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Talk of Force’s third-party Cooper deal dismays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    So the role of the Force is to be purely stocked 100% by new talent?
    What crap TOCC and you know it.
    The role of the Force and now Melbourne is to provide more opportunities so that ALL the teams can produce new talent.
    The Force and Melbourne aren't intended to become the Academy for Australian Rugby.
    I'm generally on Queenslands side but you are sounding like you are carrying a bigger pair of chips on your shoulders than the average Sandgroper at the moment, you had 100 years to develop your whole squad.
    Jeez, didnt mean to step on your toes.

Dont be getting shitty at me because the Force have failed to develop a single credible 5/8 in 5 years.. Shit how many times does it need to be highlighted that this is a weak spot for the club?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Shit how many times does it need to be highlighted that this is a weak spot for the club?
    As I've said in other threads, I think we've got talent to bring through at 9,10,12. and need a senior in the David Hill mould to steer them.

But TOCC, if you are so adamant that 5/8 is a week spot for us, how can you blame the recruiting department for trying to lure the best one in the country over here? They have a business to run and shouldn't care two flying f@cks what you 'benders think about that. You know it makes sense.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Very interesting thread. What to do? Buy a Hill? Buy another Gits? Buy a Pom? Get another old Safa (first time I've used that term, hope it's not offensive) Develope a WA chap?
    QC is a freak who is in a purple patch. Those sort of chaps are not the saviours. He would be out of his comfort zone and travels with some excess baggage. Takes years for players around to know what he's up to.
    Gits was a simliar player but those guys aren't people you build a team around.
    Betwicks and between, Clubs and coachs have to have results, which makes it difficult to develope players in places like WA (Melbourne are in for the same)(a winger yep, a lock yep, a #10, hell no). Unfortunately the next level in WA is not good enough to test a player over a period of time.
    Young WA guys should be playing a couple of years in Sydney then drafted in as a bench players.
    Beautiful state, lovely people, plenty of wealth, but no solid 15 man roots make it extremely difficult.

P.S. I have a new Force shirt that I'm off to my local in now, very proud and ready to cop the shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post

P.S. I have a new Force shirt that I'm off to my local in now, very proud and ready to cop the shit.
    You should be sweet this week. Our boys are playing the Pig Islanders (first time I've used that one and I'm pretty sure it is offensive). Wear it next Friday night.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I think it's in the best interests of Australian rugby for Quade to stick to his QLD boots. I'm loving the return of Queensland rugby and it's good to have such a strong partnership of Genia and Cooper. Hill is more than adequate at 10 for the force, and would be fabulous to train up Stefano. After the Giteau episode I'm totally happy to keep Hill for another 2/3 years, even given the injury risk.

We might not have developed the world's best flyhalf, but dare I mention Pocock, Brown, Hodgson, Hockings, Wykes, Turner, Cummins, Cross, Longbottom, Tyrell, Whittaker and least of all James O'Connor? (Apologies to anyone I left out) We've not done THAT badly without our training up of young guns.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    i honestly hope that the Force go all out and chase Quade...

Then are left with egg all over there face whilst he re-signs with QLD, all the while missing the chance to recruit other 5/8's to the country.

I said when Daruda left the club that it was a reflection of the clubs poor succession planning.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Dont be getting shitty at me because the Force have failed to develop a single credible 5/8 in 5 years.. Shit how many times does it need to be highlighted that this is a weak spot for the club?
    Would this be the same 5 years in which Queensland has failed to operate a functional board? What is it numerous player departures, 4 different coaches and now effectively in administration? You make it sound like it was something that would have been easily done. Perhaps some bad calls were made but we don't have the luxury of young talent Queensland has and we don't have the financial assistance at club level that Queensland has.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Well said James . Cooper is in awesome form but I m not sure it's the way to go. Mercernaries are nt going to be the future for the team. We only have to look at giteau s time here to see how dissapointing and infact how negative star players paid way inexcess of team mates can be for the whole organisation. I'd like to see hill re signed and then we try to signsome young tackle busting speed at num ber 13 14 .
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I must admit this brawling between TWF and our Qld friends (cos I see Tic and TOCC as being fair-minded - if misguided in their support) as a little disturbing and certainly a distraction from the main game of bagging the re-Tahs and Ragtag Ponies.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I may see something in Growdens planting of that seed to cause just this sort of side issue.

I just question whether he is really bright enough to think that deeply.

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    [.

P.S. I have a new Force shirt that I'm off to my local in now, very proud and ready to cop the shit.[/quote]

I have had mine on all day... Very Proud of my colours

vCash
    The real problem in all this is that we don't have a second level of rugby in this country where the Force and Melbourne can develop talent at a level superior to club rugby and allow the coaches to see who is worth the effort and who isn't.

QC can stay where he is or come to the Force. In the long run it doesn't matter very much, but I'd hate to see RWA think that the answers too all their problems is to buy players instead of developing local club rugby to a superior level.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    By all accounts Kyle Godwin will be an absolute star but fly-half is the kind of position that you really need someone there to help you out. Experience is a premium. We can only hope that the ARU sees fit to subsidize a bit of a mini-academy round robin while the S14 is on as suggested in a different post.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    The real problem in all this is that we don't have a second level of rugby in this country where the Force and Melbourne can develop talent at a level superior to club rugby and allow the coaches to see who is worth the effort and who isn't.

QC can stay where he is or come to the Force. In the long run it doesn't matter very much, but I'd hate to see RWA think that the answers too all their problems is to buy players instead of developing local club rugby to a superior level.
    Says it all. I know that at least two WA players are in the Eastern states playing footy tomorrow (flown over this week) so that the Rebs can see if they are worth an approach. That is due to televised games at a solid level, again (unfortunately) that luxury is not there in WA.

Afterthought (back from the pub, shirt in one piece, admired by many!) Gits is doing a bit of a Gits (it's all about Gits). Gimme an Elsom anytime.

vCash
    If Cooper goes, he goes for the money. Nothing else. That is a bad way to develop a club cuture. It reflects poorly on all involved and achieves nothing for Australian rugby.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Assuming what you say is correct, I agree somewhat with all but your last 6 words. If QC is a "developed" player, surely he now only needs time to time to mature in his role and pass on his skills to futuire up and comers - maturing can happen at any club with enough skilled players around him and passing on skills - well he's already doing this at QLD, share it around the rest of the country!

Wouldn't Australian rugby be better served having pivitol positions such as 10's developed by the Rugby 'powerhouses' of the nation. QLD have done this with QC, time to move him on and work on the next?

However, if you meant to say and achieves nothing for Queensland rugby. I'd have to agree entirely with your post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast