Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Talk of Force’s third-party Cooper deal dismays

vCash
    Can't buy culture, like giteau and mitchell before, this will end in tears
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    @ Coach -

Having trouble following that a bit - had a few drinks.

Quade really has achieved very little so far, apart from showing, this year, the potential he has.

My point? If he uproots now, for money reasons only, he has achieved exactly nothing and it benefits no-one.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    @ Coach -

Having trouble following that a bit - had a few drinks.
    Busted

Short reply was - I genreally agree, but as far as Oz (rather than provincial) rugby is concerned, what's the difference between between WA starting from scratch, or QLD starting from scratch with a new flyhalf?

ed: (apart from QLD probably being better equipped to do so given junior player stocks etc.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    i honestly hope that the Force go all out and chase Quade...

Then are left with egg all over there face whilst he re-signs with QLD, all the while missing the chance to recruit other 5/8's to the country.

I said when Daruda left the club that it was a reflection of the clubs poor succession planning.
    Wow, you really HAVE been burnt by your club's inability to retain quality players haven't you?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Wow, you really HAVE been burnt by your club's inability to retain quality players haven't you?
    quality players like Giteau and Mitchell?

vCash
    quality players like Giteau and Mitchell?
    Giteau isn't quality and he proved that again tonight. While Mitchell has some attacking flair he's about the only one in the 'Tahs team that does so he stands out a bit more.

Neither are quality and I'm happy they are no longer with the side.

If you wanted to b1tch at the Force about anything it's how they could take a player with a lot of potential like Giteau and turn him into a has been or never was.
    But it's debatable that he had as much potential as everyone seemed to think.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    If Cooper goes, he goes for the money. Nothing else. That is a bad way to develop a club cuture. It reflects poorly on all involved and achieves nothing for Australian rugby.
    Money might be the biggest factor but you are sounding like a bitter ex-lover if you think it would be the only reason.

How about linking back up with his old school friend, David Pocock? There are probably a few other friends of his amongst the horde we have poached from Queensland. Both Pocock and JO'C have encouraged the Force to bring Cooper over (the main reason I want Cooper to come over here is to ensure we keep those two).

How about a fresh start? He's done a fair few silly things and perhaps shifting out of that environment and away from his family will help him grow up. A lot of the other players who have come over here have said it has been good for their personal growth in that regard.

Maybe he feels disillusioned in Queensland. Hell I mean it's great to see Queensland performing well on the field but that doesn't necessarily mean its all good behind closed doors and even if it is maybe he hasn't forgiven them for the previous couple of years. By the sound of things the Eddie Jones year was pretty traumatic for all involved.

Or perhaps he is just bored with Brisbane. They don't call Perth "the city of excitement and culture" for nothing!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

vCash
    James, nobody calls Perth the city of culture or excitement lmao
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yeah, but Quade comes from Tokoroa. Everything is relevant.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    im still waiting for the punch line?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yes, in making that statement my tongue was so far in cheek that it burst out like an Alien out of Sigourney Weaver's belly.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    whatever, this whole discussion is doing nothing more then making me question my opinion of some forumers on this site.

How quickly it turns from "oh the reds are my second team, i am so happy for them" to "tough luck QLD, if you cant keep your players thats your own fault"..

I mean seriously, how hard is it to actually be a genuine character these days? Its going to be even more interesting when Quade rejects the offer, can we expect "we didnt want a thief in our side anyway"..

vCash
    I'm not so confident that he will reject the offer TOCC.

I wonder if it is an unconditional offer, so that he will still be entitled to payment even if he is convicted of burglary.

Here's a thought - would a criminal conviction prevent him from travelling to NZ and SA to play super rugby matches? It would stop him travelling to countries like USA.

Hence my interest in whether it is an unconditional offer.

vCash
    whatever, this whole discussion is doing nothing more then making me question my opinion of some forumers on this site.

How quickly it turns from "oh the reds are my second team, i am so happy for them" to "tough luck QLD, if you cant keep your players thats your own fault"..

I mean seriously, how hard is it to actually be a genuine character these days? Its going to be even more interesting when Quade rejects the offer, can we expect "we didnt want a thief in our side anyway"..
    I'm guessing that's directed at me.

I only said that becuse you're getting so pissy. If you read back the threads about this toic you;ll notice that I (along with most other pro-Reds posters have posted in support of Quade staying at Qld, but with the vehemence of some of the fans over there (I'm not sure wheter it was you or Tic that posted about him going the way of Berrick) I can understand why he'd want to shun a limelight like that.
    Whatever happens happens. Nobody can blame the Force for making a play for the current best playmaker in Oz, who is off contract and the Force doesn't have a playmaker.
    Neither can anybody blame the Force for putting their best offer on the table in that negotiation.
    If Quade chooses to accept or reject any offer by the Force, he does so for his own reasons and nobody will be privy to those reasons.
    I find the suggestion (In the Rugby Club and swallowed hook, line and sinker by the clock brothers) that the Force are brokering third party deals again disgusting, particularly this season when the Brumbies have had so much success at the negotiating table.

The first time the Force make a creditable play at a Wallaby, you wankers seem to think the only thing that could have enticed him from your precious shores could have been wads of ill-gotten cash.....it's insulting, I'm insulted and all I suggest is that you give us the same credit you give the Tahs and the Brumbies when they steal your players.

Yes, if you continue to re-hash the Peter O'Meara errors I WILL continue to talk about a province that can't keep an administration together for more than a season, is leaking cash like a sieve and losing players at a rate of knots only exceeded by light.

If however you want to have an open and rational discussion, I'll happily oblige

C'mon the

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast