Thread: Little Dickie

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

Little Dickie

LaShawn Merritt in a positive wee spot of bother

OLYMPIC 400m champion LaShawn Merritt has been suspended after testing positive for an anabolic steroid contained in an over-the-counter penis enlargement product.
    Merritt, who is also the world champion at 400m, said in a statement via his lawyer that he was “deeply sorry” at failing three doping controls for the banned substance DHEA.

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two-year ban, said: “To know that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around.

“I hope my sponsors, family, friends and the sport itself will forgive me for (this cockup) making such a foolish, immature and egotistical mistake.

“Any penalty that I may receive for my action will not overshadow the embarrassment and humiliation that I feel inside. (Or the shit all the other athletes are going to hang on you)

“I am deeply sorry and hope that other athletes who take these types of over-the-counter products will be even more cautious and read the fine print, because if it can happen to me, it could happen to you.”

Merritt failed the tests for the steroid Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) between October last year and January after he started taking the product following the end of last season.

The Virginia-born athlete has accepted a temporary ban and will not compete until his case has been heard, his lawyer Howard Jacobs stated.

The American followed up his Beijing Games gold medal by dethroning two-time 400m defending champion Jeremy Wariner when he strode to an impressive victory at last year's World Athletics Championships in Berlin.

As well as winning his individual titles at both Beijing and Berlin he also helped his country win the 4x400m relay titles at both events.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    What a cock up!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around."

Had the whole wet mess laughing with that line
    Apparently the meds worked

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yes, what a dick he must feel...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    True, but you wouldn't think that he feels a real dick...

Last edited by Burgs; 25-04-10 at 23:52.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    i reckon he would have been a typical sports nut at school... didnt want to be the sharpest tool in the shed, just the biggest