Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pretorius wants to be stay the Force

vCash
    oh yeah, cool. cheers beige

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    technically, was Pretorius still on a mrque contract? They allowed us a 'new' marque signing which would have to either negate the first (which means he can come on) or allow 2 (which means he can come on!)

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The rule is that you can't have the same marquee for more than 2 years. Braid had done his two and they wanted to see if he could do a 3rd. Pretorius has done one so would still be elligible to do a second.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    With AP there would be a strong case for 'exceptional circumstances' in that he was ruled out of playing by injury prior to the season starting. Thus, the first season of the contract was a non event and not be counted as a season played.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The ARU wouldn't see it that way. They'll say "We want you to develop talent and not to rely on this overseas player too much. They are a short term fix and future planning should have taken place."

The ARU would let us have a marquee 10 for next year but I would expect that they'd be very resistant to the idea in 2012.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The ARU wouldn't see it that way. They'll say "We want you to develop talent and not to rely on this overseas player too much. They are a short term fix and future planning should have taken place."

The ARU would let us have a marquee 10 for next year but I would expect that they'd be very resistant to the idea in 2012.
    I think that would depend very heavily on the way our backup #10 is managed next year. Expect to see Stef (or somebody else) being given a run early and decisions being made based upon how he copes.

If he does a Quade (early Quade, not recent Quade) the Force will be running to the ARU with exactly that argument you'd think!

something along the lines of "We could sign a marquee for another year to have time to develop player X to the sufficient level, or we could raid other Aussie teams for a number 10, which would you prefer?"

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Where did people hear that Lealeifano (sp..?)had signed for next year with the Brumbies? Or is his current contract for through next year? I think he'd be mad to stay there with Toomua being preferred at 10 and Gits guaranteed a spot at either 10 or 12. He'd be grat for the Force (assuming he's also not going to the Brumbies)

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think that would depend very heavily on the way our backup #10 is managed next year. Expect to see Stef (or somebody else) being given a run early and decisions being made based upon how he copes.

If he does a Quade (early Quade, not recent Quade) the Force will be running to the ARU with exactly that argument you'd think!

something along the lines of "We could sign a marquee for another year to have time to develop player X to the sufficient level, or we could raid other Aussie teams for a number 10, which would you prefer?"
    Ill ask the question about Daniel Braid. There is no real development being done by the Reds on a backup 7 (I think Tomeki is thier back up?) and yet the ARU has allowed Braid to be there for 2 years now. Of course, they are now shagged as Braid is heading back to NZ next year to have a crack at the world cup.

vCash
    the thing is that there are a number of quality loosies in aus at the minute so they won't find it too difficult replacing braid.. As opposed to quality 10's
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3