Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tri Nations refereeing and judicial system is a joke

vCash

Tri Nations refereeing and judicial system is a joke

Have a look at this video and tell me what the differance is between the illegal tackle at 40 seconds into the video by Fourie and the tackle at 2:56 into the video by Cooper. It is the same thing but Fourie gets 4 weeks and Cooper only 2 weeks

Also have a look at the video and listen to the commentary at 2:14 into the video. I still do not know what BJ did wrong but he ended up in the bin for 10

Then have a look at the video at 3:24 it is clear that the Wallabies is deliberately of side to prevent the Boks from scoring. So that boils down to a professional foul which should be yellow.

The refereeing is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcRHYmPpZdM"]YouTube- Wallabies v Springboks - 2010[/ame]

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Its all part of a world cup conspiracy PB

vCash
    From an unbiased point of view......

One of the worst refeering displays in an international test match I've seen in a long time.

One of the worst displays of commentary I've seen by the Fox Sports team in days.

Can we have a red button where you can choose who you want to commentate the game. Gordon Bray at least realises there are two teams competing in the match.

I have never heard touch judges have some much control over the on field ref before.

Any Bok fan should feel entitled to feel hard done by from the referee and touch judges.

vCash
    Largely to do with being a clean-skin v a repeat offender, you'd think.

Oh, and which coach was it telling the world that it was about time his team started cheating and was rambling about conspiracy theories?

Refs might be human after all. Maybe their feelings are hurt...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

Can we have a red button where you can choose who you want to commentate the game.
    Oh, yes, please. We can call it the FFS button.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    I didn't have a problem with the Ref. Maybe it's coz we won, but I wasn't finding faults in the ref's game like I normally do.

The citing is another thing. I thought Quade's tackle was worse. Fourie has a generally nasty tackling style, I was thrilled someone finally pulled him up for it. But he sortof pick the guy up and dropped him, and Quade drove Steyn into the ground. I would have called both for a card. But then, I play netball, soft through and through.

PB has made his bed, now his team has got to lie in it. If he's going to go out in public and piss off every man with a whistle, they've got to expect to cop it. That's life.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I must admit to you guys that I watched the game with mixed emotions last night

I supported the Wallabies every time a Force player touched the ball and I felt gutted when Pockock knocked it on and when o Connor missed a tackle So yea I suppose the conversion to being a Wallaby supporter has started.
    The only thing that will prolong this proses is the one-sided commentary by Australian commentators

vCash
    I guess if i back their decisions to suspend Fourie and Botha, its only fair to back this decision as well. If Foruie gets 3, Quade gets 1 or 2.

Refs have been ok so far, but the NH refs don't seem to be used to the touchies talking to them so much. So it should get better from here on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Maybe it's coz we won
    I suggest you change you flag to an Aussie Flag

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    It was noted in the commentary last night what is wrong with having neutral southern hemisphere refs for the tri-nations, rather than providing irish croupiers an all expenses paid trip to deal out cards on both sides of the Tasman.

vCash
    Looks like Pocock has a certain amount of Richie McCaw about him....the refs don't want to give him a yellow card for two blatant infringements in his own 22.

The ref was fairly consistent but that's not necessarily a bad thing if he's being consistently bad!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Cooper suspended for two weeks means he misses next two tri-nations matches, the Springboks have the next two weeks off so if Fourie was suspended for two weeks he would not miss any tri-nations match.

Perhaps with a tournament like the tri-nations suspensions should be counted in number tri-nation matches rather than in number of weeks...

vCash
    How could they not suspend Burger for this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nV-6bg0pRo"]YouTube- Schalk Burger and David Pocock scuffle[/ame]

A repeat offence....he should have a significant ban (again)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    I didn't have a problem with the Ref. Maybe it's coz we won, but I wasn't finding faults in the ref's game like I normally do.
    Yeah it must be, because the Ref was pretty much identical to the last two muppets.

The Wallabies were diving over from the word go and got away with most of it. I'm actually pretty proud of them, because they played the sort of cynical game the AllBlacks and Springboks have mastered for decades. they pushed the refu until they found the line and then stepped back half an inch.

The one that stunned me was the ref calling Pocock late in the second half for an illegal entry or some such...on the replay there was nothing at all wrong with what he did he was just so bloody good what he did was mpossible, he got penalised because humans can't do that. Couldn't complain, because when the whistle was blown I thought it was a fair call!

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFUB View Post
    How could they not suspend Burger for this...

YouTube- Schalk Burger and David Pocock scuffle

A repeat offence....he should have a significant ban (again)
    ABSOLUTELY, though i havent heard anything of today, i think it should be something like a 2 year ban if it is his second offence..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast