Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cottesloe Show Their True Face - And It's Ugly

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Cottesloe Show Their True Face - And It's Ugly

Cott arrived to Palmyra today with a sneer on their face and an attitude that was unbearable.

They were on track to win the first grade premiership, the second grade premiership, and the champion club trophy. It was all a matter of turning up.

They had a Western Force recruit in their side, Mark Bartholemuez, never been to a local club in his life, a second rate ring in, who took some Cottesloe's club member's space (mind you, this is Cottesloe's way of rewarding players who spill their guts for them), and, generally, looked and sounded like the arrogant arseholes they are.

I won't go into it, but the end result was that for all their agro and bad manners, they left losing the minor premierships in first grade and in second grade, and discarding the club premiership on the way.

After the game, the mean spirited turkey that passes for their coach ordered his players to leave immediately, without shaking hands, congratulating Palmyra for their game, or even showering. The order was to leave as soon as he blessed them with his contemptible after game speech.

More than half his charges, to their credit, ignored him , and at least shook hands with their opposition, although not even one, nor a single Cottesloe committee member or club member, stayed behind for the after game presentations.

Cottesloe proved themselves today to be the contemptible sportsmen, sore losers, cheats and arseholes that the rest of the competition knows them to be.

The cream on the cake, from the Palmyra perspective, was that the man who destroyed Cottesloe on the field was the man that played for them all last season, and was dropped from their finals to accommodate that great Wallaby, Richard Brown. Carl O'Leary, Palmyra's star recruit, was so disgusted with Cottesloe's attitude towards players, that he switched clubs.

On another note, Perth ended up wooden spooners, bottom dwellers, cellar dwellers, and every other contemptuous epithet that Rick Boyd so generously bestowed on any club that failed to meet the high standards set by his own.

It's called Karma, Rick.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's called the cycles of club rugby, actually Frank. Congratulations on a first class win by Palmyra, that was as good a second half of tight finals rugby as I've seen. You could read all the nice things I said about Palmyra in my article if RugbyWA ever get around to loading it.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Now thats direct - well said Fulvio

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Fairly bilious even for you Fulv!

I take it you aren’t going to bother with the high moral ground then

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    ouch

Senior Player
    vCash
    It's official.

Cott are the new Soaks! ie they behave as if they are better than everyone else and are the club everyone loves to hate.

They have taken "arrogance" to a new level.

vCash
    I understand that the Cottesloe management was incensed at certain members of the Palmyra crowd constantly heckling their Western Force representative, often in an insulting and personal manner. They felt they were not welcome at Tompkins Park and decided to return immediately to Harvey Field.

I fully understand the frustration that some clubs feel about the inequities of distribution of Western Force players, but should that extend to personally vilifying the State's professional players when they are turning out to support local rugby as their contract requires?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Diddums.

vCash
    I noticed some Cott wanker spectators walking back and forth to their car and fetching 4 beers at a time. maybe he just couldnt afford to buy from our clubhouse, so much for the licensed premises laws... or dont those laws apply if you come from cottesloe..?? And the real classy fellow that 'passed out' between the 2 fields at about 2pm... " A monkey in silk is a monkey no less"...

Senior Player
    vCash
    The "Cottesloe management" as you call them Rick are a bunch of aloof and arrogant boofheads who sit in a tight group next to the Cott bench and along with their "Goose" of a coach spend the afternoon sledging the match officials and opposition players as entertainment.

Their very personal verbal attacks on the Palmyra kicker were typical of this group. Suggest the word "bullies" would be more appropriate than "management".

It would appear that they don't like it when they get some of their own back and take their bats and go home!

They are right about one thing however; that type of animal is not welcome at Tompkins Park and particularly when they bring their own alcohol. Pally always patronises the Cott bar when it goes to Harvey Field.

As I understand it, western force players are not required to support local clubs and that Rick is the crux of the issue simmering away in clubland since 2006. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the player contract arrangements can comment further?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by almac View Post
    And the real classy fellow that 'passed out' between the 2 fields at about 2pm...
    I don't see any problem here

Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd View Post
    I understand that the Cottesloe management was incensed at certain members of the Palmyra crowd constantly heckling their Western Force representative, often in an insulting and personal manner. They felt they were not welcome at Tompkins Park and decided to return immediately to Harvey Field.

I fully understand the frustration that some clubs feel about the inequities of distribution of Western Force players, but should that extend to personally vilifying the State's professional players when they are turning out to support local rugby as their contract requires?
    There's at least one in every crowd. However, assuming the reporting is correct, you'd think a coach would hold himself to higher standards than the spectators - no matter what club they were from.

How many were there in total?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Whats happened on Saturday sounds pretty bad and the result of a bit of a bad culture around a team that has decided it can't handle losing now. But i don't see why people are 100% focused on the few members that give the club a bad name, that is just being blinkered. Good on the players who refused coaches ordered which would of made him (and all the players who also walked off) look bad, and had the guts to go and shake hands. It goes to show there are people at the club doing everything in the right spirit. There are idiots at every club, but if we judged each club by the small few nuisances instead of the majority of decent players they produce, then every club would look bad.

*not to say this stuff shouldn't be brought up. It needs to be highlighted and ridiculed so it never happens again. The thread was a good idea.

Rookie
    vCash
    Don't assume that because of the view of one eyed blogger that is how it was!!

Hs- Fulvio's views are usually made without much substance and on his opinon. I am not a Cott supporter, but despise misinformation and rubbish, something he pushes out all the time.

vCash
    Officials, players and spectators should be mindful that their behaviour is on show to the younger generations who are present at the senior games.

What sort of example do you want to set to your younger players and supporters?

Champion
    vCash
    It is possible in two weeks time - Pallies vs Cott return match - neutral ground.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast