Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cottesloe Show Their True Face - And It's Ugly

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Get it on like Donkey Kong!

Totally agree with WF1964 though, you set your own standards in life, two wrongs don't make a right.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Well I was there at the game......

I thought that it was a great crowd, great atmosphere and a really close tight game.

Don't know anything about what has been said above, but I had a very enjoyable afternoon out.

Go Local Rugby.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Hansie, it is possible but at this stage (and given the way our boys have been playing the past three weeks) Cottesloe may knock us off this week with their professionals.

Is Neddies going to make representation to Rugby officialdom or have you deviously got someone special to line up for us this Saturday?
    The boys I stand with at Neddies games will not be happy if Cottesloe have their professionals and we get beat.

vCash
    I fear that rant says more about you than Cott FS.

Considering recent form the winner of the Paly v Soaks game might go in as favourite for the final.

Soaks have the best win/loss record but still came third.

Rookie
    vCash
    For someone with such a small brain Homer, your logic is very good!

Soaks have Staniforth, O'Young, Godwin, Siliva and Holmes out of the Western Force Stable which slants the see-saw even more in their favour. You could say they can't lose!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Reports are coming in that it was some bloke name "Frank Sammut" and his presidential cohort who led hecklers against Mark Bartholomeusz. The Cottesloe coach then [rightly or wrongly] tarred all at Palymyra with the same brush, followed their sporting lead and issued the get on the bus orders ...

Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    But the game will be the real winner.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, it's pretty ordinary when people actually object to being ripped off, isn't it?

vCash
    can anyone tell me what is at stake by winning the flag?.. is it just bragging rights?
    if so then surely id relish the idea of playing against a couple of pros if its just to show that ive got what it takes...

its time for clubs to stop whining about the WF ring-ins and time for them to stand up and be counted and prove they can do with or without them...

Senior Player
    vCash
    If it makes everyone feel better, I can whinge about fourth grade ring ins?

(Is that neutral ground game at Lark Hill?)

vCash
    Well lets see if Cott bring their own booze to Lark Hill again this year (if they play there)
    Amusing watching the Rocko President tipping their smuggled in supplies down the sink last year, and then listening to all the crying and explanations.
    A wheelie bin full dragged into the changerooms to keep cool for the bus trip on the way home.(not)
    Also the Cott coach performing like drongo on the other side of the field during the Cott/Rocky match at Lark Hill this season. Got shitty when told he may as well join the team on the field with all his barkng orders, incessant dialogue with the referee's assistant and berating his team's performance.

Mind you, I think everyone who has been around the Club rugby scene for some time will remember when the Cottesloe 7's used to run at Easter, Paly would always pitch a tent just outside the south fence line out of the licenced area.

It's a shame that there are quite a number of people, in just about every Club, who show little respect for other Clubs.
    People just don't seem to enjoy the game and culture of rugby as they used to.
    Every match these days seems to have some side issue going on, which I believe detracts from the sport.
    Not even going to get in to the lopsided distributon of WF players in the Club scene.
    I attended the initial meetings where RugbyWA promoted having all these players here in the West as being great for the Clubs and a way of raising the standards here.
    My personal belief is that the Clubs were ripped off, and Community Rugby has now become an annoying minor priority for our governing body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Reports are coming in that it was some bloke name "Frank Sammut" and his presidential cohort who led hecklers against Mark Bartholomeusz. The Cottesloe coach then [rightly or wrongly] tarred all at Palymyra with the same brush, followed their sporting lead and issued the get on the bus orders ...
    Hmmmm

I heard a similar story - more about the "presidential cohort" (can you have just one cohort?) than FS but. And that it was in retaliation to personal taunts from the Cott folk against Paly players.

All seems a wee bit childish to me but, as I wasn't there, it's not really for me to say. Although my sauce is impeccable and was in the thick of it...

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    1 cohort, 2 cohorts

Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Hmmmm

I heard a similar story - more about the "presidential cohort" (can you have just one cohort?) than FS but. And that it was in retaliation to personal taunts from the Cott folk against Paly players.

All seems a wee bit childish to me but, as I wasn't there, it's not really for me to say. Although my sauce is impeccable and was in the thick of it...

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A few weeks ago I found myself a quiet corner at Soaks to watch them play Wanneroo.

Alone and sober (I was driving...) I was able to take it all in without distraction or local bias and was impressed with the good nature and general "spirit of Rugby" on both sides.

I had to bolt at the end of the Firsts, so no idea who stayed or left, but it was Rugby as I remembered it should be.

Last year I attended at Palmyra to watch them play Wests, it was decidedly noisier throughout with more (admittedly generally good natured) banter.

My observation is that the Rugby sideline fraternity tend to be as old as dinosaurs with memories like elephants and these squabbles go back years, if not generations.

It's not my place to make suggestions to solutions but it seems like a cancer to the future to me.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    both sides need to grow up. its only rugby

vCash
    Who gives a shit, let's all just hope soaks don't take the flag. C'mon Neddies!

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast