Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Qantas Wallabies named to face South Africa

vCash
    nah he reminded me of when he first started with the reds......terrible.
    personally i think its just a fitness issue and should have ben yanked as soon as it was obvious fatigue was setting in along with a heap of others who were sucking wind like genia etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    haha yep righto

vCash
    its the low oxygen at lofty loftus, is that a fitness issue...?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    the Refs interpretation of the rules was just a different this week.
    I don't think for a second it changed the game or result, but how long was he giving advantage on the knock-ons for. Usually the advantage with the knock-on is that you get the ball and once its yours if you play it advantage is over but the ref let play go on quite a bit.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Yeah i wasnt impressed with the ref

the outcome would likely not have changed but im still seeing a lot of incorrect entry into rucks especially from players arriving late to try and clean out...

Burger was particularly poor with a number of dodgy entries that the ref missed but i also saw Faingaa do it and get away with it..

Chilliboy was shocking at not releasing and trying to play the ball and was even warned to stop doing it but no penalty.. whats with that?

im more upset with AAC's cough-up on the try line and the shocking defensive structures in broken play...

that game was a gift served up on a plate and they failed to take it..

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think that was the worst I have seen AAC play. Normally he is the rock of the backline and is the most reliable player. We really needed him too- he's the only back we had on the field that can reliably bust tackles (Hougaard's aside).

vCash
    running forward is a weird angle?
    I cant remember whether it was slipper or pocock who received the pass, i only briefly saw the '7' on there jersey, but they looked as though they were going to run back inside Genia but then changed there mind and ran into the back of Faingaa.
    It was Pocock, and it was a pretty shit pass. He either ran to the left of the passer (you said it was Genia, I'm not prepared to argue that) straight into a mountain of defence with very little support, or tried to break for the outside and hope he wasn't done for obstruction............Or, he could have run straight into the back of the player and make the obstruction call obvious! I reckon he was looking for the cleanout, not believing anybody would be so galactically stupid as to pass the ball to him, and all of a sudden the ball was in his hands! that's about the only explanation I can give for why an international forward would have chosen that path.

C'mon the

vCash
    Fitness was the problem, if they can't train at the right conditions then they can't last the full 80 there. This was really poorly done, I think.

In his defense, that penalty at the end for obstruction was hardly his fault, he was running a angle and the person behingpd him received the ball and ran I to his back....
    running forward is a weird angle?
    Make up your mind.

I can positively say I have never sung Faingaa's praise. I've not been impressed from day one and that shocking performance Saturday just proved my points further. He's struggled his way through, in my eyes, and fell very short.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Apologies, I should have said he was running a line, not a angle... If it were indeed Pocock them I'm little surprised, he doesn't usually makes those mistakes, but like you say Robyn, fatigue probably caught up with him
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Faingaa is pretty good in my opinion. His defence close to the breakdown is possibly the best I have ever seen. He charges into them and drops them like an axe. He is like an extra fetcher at the breakdown. If he had a decent tighthead, he would scrum just fine. His throwing hasn't been bad at all. When Sharpe went off, the lineout imploded but it was Moore throwing the ball.

I have never been terribly impressed with Moore.

Faingaa is a very tough guy and is a sensational boxer apparently. That works for me.

Faingaa has been playing with tremendous courage and committment. He displays the tenacity and toughness that the wallabies have been lacking for a decade.

I'm surprised nobody is singing his praises for his defence. It is simply outstanding.

TPN offers us more in attack

Moore offers us very little

Now in my moleskin trousers and my Williams boots
    Aboard an outlaw as he leaves the chutes
    In my goose neck spurs I rake their fiery hide
    And the girls all shouting around the ringside
    Oh he's the Fulla from Cunnamulla
    Yeah he's the Cunnamulla Fulla

vCash
    Agree with you fulla but last game wasnt great by any stretch of the imagination. I put it down to fatigue.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I don't. Moore wasn't throwing when we imploded in the line-out. At least two of the three in the last 10-15 minutes were Faingaa. Not that it really matters- it's the callers fault and he should've made wiser calls especially on the occasion when the line-out was reset and then lost. You can't afford to give Matfield any longer than is absolutely necessary when the line-out forms. He is too good at reading body language.

I thought Moore was pretty good for the 10 odd minutes he was on the field for Faingaa's blood bin.

vCash
    In the good old days when wallaby teams played with brains, they would have called a two man lineout and thrown it to the halfback coming around the front who passed to the hooker who scored in the corner.

or

called a two man lineout where the man at the front ran forward the man at the back ran backwards and the hooker lobbed it to the halfback down the middle

or

just thrown it to the tighthead whilst the opposition tighthead was holding the pants of his two jumper ready to lift him

or thrown it over the back to Cooper on the burst

or called a five man lineout and thrown the money ball to two

or called a five man lineout and thrown it over the back to Pocock on the burst

or twenty other variations. an award goes to the most creative lineout. perhaps we could e-mail our list to the wallabies)

The truly disturbing thing about the Deans coached wallabies is how dumb they are.

vCash
    I think we lost in the end because of the line outs. You don't beat the boks in a half of rugby where you lose 3 or 4+ of your own line outs. For the same reason the force white sh*te this year when our hookers were throwing like crap.

Other than that the team played very well, i wouldn't expect much more in such a high pressure game at altitude, its the best we have seen in years. (in SA)

vCash
    Personally, I would expect a win if i was coaching a team that put 28 points on the opposition in the first half

Agree re lineouts. With 15 minutes to go we had momentum and field position and lost lineouts in attacking positions. Absolute coach killers and test match losers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast