Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 Western Force Fixtures

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Official 2011 Western Force Fixtures

Emirates Western Force members and supporters can expect some enthralling clashes on home soil in 2011 with the reigning champion Bulls and perennial contenders, the Crusaders, both scheduled to play at Perth Oval in a season that will deliver more rugby than ever to Western Australia.

The release of the 2011 fixtures coincided with the launch of the new ‘Super Rugby’ competition which will see an extended season played from February to July and all teams playing a minimum of 16 games, up from the current 13. A conference system for each country has also been introduced with derby matches played on a home and away basis.

Saturday night will be rugby night in Perth with the Emirates Western Force playing all eight of their home matches at that time, starting with clash against the Sharks on 5 March 2011. The club will kick off their season a fortnight earlier against the Reds in Brisbane with a bye schedule in week two.

While the season will be longer the international travel burden has been eased with just two games in succession on the road in both New Zealand and South Africa. There will also be back to back home games on three occasions (week 3 & 4, week 7 & 8, week 10 & 11) allowing some respite for the squad.

“Super rugby teams are used to travel but with the introduction of the conference system it means sides will play within their home country more often,” said Emirates Western Force Head Coach Richard Graham.

“It also means our squad will only be away for about 10 days on an international tour rather than the traditional 18 or 19 days when playing three games away, that will certainly have its benefits.

“It’s wonderful to have more rugby and the season going for an extended period. It is really what I think the rugby public wants to see.

“The support from the club’s ‘sea of blue’ is hugely appreciated by the group, we love playing at Perth Oval and are really looking forward to that first game at home against the Sharks,” Graham said.

The news is just as exciting for Emirates Western Force members who’ll be treated to additional matches without an increase in price.

Membership prices will remain at last season’s rates, giving members better value than ever before.

Adults can enjoy all eight games from as little as $21.25 per match, while a family of four can come along for an incredible $12.80 per person per game.

RugbyWA CEO Vern Reid said the decision to freeze pricing was a reward to the club’s loyal members while it would also give West Australian’s a great incentive to become involved in a new era at the Emirates Western Force.

“We’ve made a conscious decision to leave membership prices where they are, that means our members will be rewarded with two additional games for free next year. You can’t ask for better value than that,” said Mr Reid.

“Next season across the board it will be cheaper to be a member than coming to games as a casual observer. With seats available in all categories there is significant value and opportunity to be involved in the all new Super Rugby competition and a very exciting time at the Emirates Western Force.”

The fixtures have produced plenty of mouthwatering match-ups including a meeting against former coach John Mitchell and the Lions in Johannesburg, while new Emirates Western Force playmaker Willie Ripia will tackle his old side on familiar territory in Wellington.

Under the new format a club will play each team in their conference twice and four of the five teams from each of the other nations. In 2011 the Emirates Western Force will not play the Chiefs (New Zealand) or the Cheetahs (South Africa).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    is it officially Perth Oval now?

MES/NIB/Whichever Health fund owns naming rights now must have been bought out by the State Government.

C'mon the

vCash
    I suppose someone has to but it's a bit crappy having a bye in round 2

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    I suppose someone has to but it's a bit crappy having a bye in round 2
    It would have either been a bye week 2 or an away fixture. Better to be home from Qld and on the training track I would have thought?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    It would have either been a bye week 2 or an away fixture. Better to be home from Qld and on the training track I would have thought?
    True, i sit corrected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    is it officially Perth Oval now?

MES/NIB/Whichever Health fund owns naming rights now must have been bought out by the State Government.
    Nope NiB definately own the naming rights. They have their logo plastered all over the place

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i can't seem to find fixtures that include grounds?

http://www.superrugby.com/SRp006-007a_draw.pdf

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post

We're one of those "lucky" teams that does not have to share the ground during the season, so ours are confirmed, most others have to share with soemone else or have a "second" ground to play on (ie Highlanders at Dunedin and Queenstown) plus a few Kiwi ground will have work being doen on them ahead of RWC.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Grounds are TBC for the most part

See draw here (without venues): http://twf.com.au/attachment.php?att...1&d=1284356358

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ok - i will wait a bit longer before I book any air fares

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post

BTW - That site looks like an "Official" 'Super Rugby' site (They've dropped the numbers)

vCash
    No Good Friday match! Yeah! In fact, all our home games are Saturdays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    BTW - That site looks like an "Official" 'Super Rugby' site (They've dropped the numbers)
    I hope so!!!

Last edited by beige; 13-09-10 at 14:17.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The home games will be big money spinners. Crusaders and Blues will likely be sell out crowds and it wouldn't surprise if the Bulls were too.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Wtf - no Friday games? Can't go drinking after work and then head to the ground...booooo

Innforcers tour to Melb in June anyone?

coz Stone Cold says so

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast