Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    yes it is...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    That's not an argument.

An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No it's not

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I fail to see how the idle speculation of a punter in Queensland has any greater merit than the comparison of crowd attendence patterns for a start up team in two AFL states.
    Both have a range of variables however one is based on past fact and the other is based on personal opinion.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    IF they return

Mortlock has had a back injury for three years, sometimes he can play with it, others he can't.

I would also call it drawing a long bow to say the loss of a Sam Cordingley and Mark Gerrard was a huge loss to a team. Apart from the loss of experiemce, surely there's a young guy waiting in the wingas who, although green, is a better option.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    I would have gone, I needs me a fix of rugby.

Bring on Super rugby and bring it on soon.
    I feel your pain! That's why I'm heading to the rebels games against fiji and the crusaders, otherwise round 1 is just too far away!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Not really worth discussing further, but the Rebels have said at various points in the past 18months that they are realistically targeting a crowd average in the 20k's for the season...

One would expect that they have performed there maker research and it's safe to utilize these numbers, if anything they are conservative figures given they only expected to have 4'000 turn up yesterday..

Moving on....

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Comparing the two crowd figures of a trial game is a pointless exercise, there are to many varibles to consider like marketing campaign's etc.

Melbourne Rebels have held there marketing campaign back until this this week to maximize exposure, I reckon Harold Mitchell might know a thing or two about advertising

Crowd wise i expect they will average out with a mid 20k for the season, Rebels vs Crusaders trial game in Feb will be a big turnout as well.
    A lot of variables don't make up 9,000 people. The Force didn't do much of a marketing game for that trial. I know a lot of people who were inaugural Force members who didn't know the game was on. Hard to do less than nothing- short of actually going out there and telling everyone not to come. Mind you the Rebels' away jersey does a pretty good job of that.

I imagine there would be a much bigger turnout for the Crusaders game but I'll bet there will be more Crusaders fan than Rebels ones. Anyway, as you say, time to move on.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Not really worth discussing further, but the Rebels have said at various points in the past 18months that they are realistically targeting a crowd average in the 20k's for the season...

One would expect that they have performed there maker research and it's safe to utilize these numbers, if anything they are conservative figures given they only expected to have 4'000 turn up yesterday..

Moving on....
    20k sounds good, but I wonder what the attendance will be in the second season if the Rebels come bottom of the ladder? I think we've had a fall in attendance every season, although we had stadium issues...

vCash
    It almost sounds like some people on here want the Rebels to fail, which is a little odd considering the struggles we've had over the years getting the Eastern States to accept us.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I don't want the Rebels to fail. But you do get sick of hearing that 'Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world'. Melbourne Smhelbourne.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I don't want the Rebels to fail, I want them to pull their finger out and invade the Victorian market, especially with the number of players they are already producing.
    Victorians are weird, but they have the potential to deepen our player talent pool, once they wean off the Internationals, so it is a win for Australian Rugby.
    To date they are behind the milestones of the next most recent Australian team.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don't want the Rebels to fail. But you do get sick of hearing that 'Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world'. Melbourne Smhelbourne.
    Well you need to get some politicians who are as sport mad as ours and are willing to do what's necessary to attract the events and keep them.
    You can't deny that Melbourne has some amazing stadiums/venues within a close proximity to each other and the city, and if they alone continue to attract world class sporting events to the city then good for us. Until such time as another city starts building facilities to match if not better ours and challenge us for the events, then in my opinion the title is deserved. But then again I am a biased Victorian
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast