Thread: THE WESTERN FORCE team for South Africa

Champion
    vCash

THE WESTERN FORCE team for South Africa

How degrading for the sport in this state!

WAKE UP RUGBY WA !!! CAP THIS PLAYERS AS WA PLAYERS LIKE THE S14 players!

Nicked from the Planet Rugby site

WESTERN FORCE GOLD WTF???

18 WESTERN FORCE PLAYERS AND THEY ALL SHOULD BE CAPPED AS WA REPS LIKE THE FORCE PLAYERS ARE IN THE S14 EQUALLY!

Experienced flanker Luke Doherty will lead a youthful Western Force Gold side on their two week, three match tour of South Africa in June.

Doherty is one of eighteen Emirates Western Force senior squad members in the 26-man touring party, with six Emirates Western Force Academy players also included.

Tyler Edwards (Rockingham) and Elliot Kuhlman-Hall (Wests Subiaco) have come into the squad from the Home Building Society Competition.

Tim Davidson and Brock James will be Doherty’s deputies. The squad also includes Wallaby prop David Fitter and Australian U19 representatives David Pocock and Brett Stapleton.

Western Force Gold coach John Mulvihill said the tour would provide Emirates Western Force senior squad and Academy members with exposure to quality football and provide valuable experience.

“The squad we have selected is full of talent, and this tour will give the guys from both the senior squad and those outside professional ranks the opportunity to prove themselves and develop their rugby,” Mulvihill said.

“South Africa is a tough place to tour, and we expect that the character of the guys will shine though. It will provide the necessary tough rugby that this group needs in this phase.”

The post-Tooheys New Super 14 team will be known as the Western Force Gold, and will represent the State, playing in the traditional black and gold colours of WA.

The squad is: Dan Bailey*, Richard Brown, Vitori Buatava, Tim Davidson (vc), Luke Doherty (c), James Dougall*, Gavin DeBartolo, Tyler Edwards^, David Fitter, Josh Fuimaono, Luke Holmes, Brock James (vc), Elliot Kuhlman-Hall^, Ryan Lenegan*, Kieran Longbottom*, Chris O’Young, David Pocock, Zander Peden, Matt Shaw*, Haig Sare, Brett Stapleton, David Te Moana, Ryan Tyrell*, Ben Ward, Matt Windle, AJ Whalley.

* - Emirates Western Force Academy member.

^ - Selected from WA club rugby (Edwards is also an Argonaut Gold squad member).

Tour Itinerary

Wednesday 7 June – Western Force Gold vs Wildebeests (Durban)

Saturday 10 June – Western Force Gold vs Golden Lions (Johannesburg)

Wednesday 14 June – Skills clinic in Soweto

Friday 16 June – Western Force Gold vs Blue Bulls (Pretoria)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Apart from your ranting, where does it say they are not going to be capped?
    All I see is "The post-Tooheys New Super 14 team will be known as the Western Force Gold, and will represent the State, playing in the traditional black and gold colours of WA."
    To me "representing the State" would imply it is likely it will be a State Cap?
    Why the personal crusade on the status and name of this team mate?
    You seem to be a little flustered on the subject

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Interesting that David Fitter is named in the squad and Tai McIsaac is not. Who's back-up hooker to Luke Holmes? Have The Force some inside knowledge on who'll be required for Wallaby duties and who won't?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I was thinking that too Shasta!
    You would think that they must have been told for this squad to be named as they will be away during June.
    Also would indicate that they will be renewing Fitters one year contract or he is on his last chance before dropping.
    I assume that one of the RugbyWA boys must be a hooker?
    A few other names that I would have thought would be there would be O'Connor, Cowan and Mailata.
    Fantastic opportunity for the Academy and RWA fellas to show their ability though.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    A few other names that I would have thought would be there would be O'Connor, Cowan and Mailata.
    Fantastic opportunity for the Academy and RWA fellas to show their ability though.
    Sure is. Khulman-Hall is interesting - made the Force XIV but not the Perth Gold squad?

O'Connor, Cowan & Mailata on the outer & making room for Gits, Mitchell & Takiari?

Surely not.

Heading to the NPC maybe?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    According to the Flowers interview a couple of weeks ago there was only one player being considered for the NPC experience.
    Mailata and Cowan were both on one year contracts and O'Connor an Apprentice so maybe.
    It would seem strange though if it is the case for O'Connor with the retirement of Welborn and having not recruited any more Locks?
    I assume that the Apprentice contract is able to continue for more than one year?
    O'Connor, Sare, DeBartolo and Te Moana are all deserving of full contracts for mine.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Sure is. Khulman-Hall is interesting - made the Force XIV but not the Perth Gold squad?
    Not sure if we have anyone here from Wests-Subiaco or other Clubs that can tell us a bit about Khulman-Hall?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    ... I like to watch rugby ... I dont get the fuss over names and caps ... im thinking though caps are a good thing ?? hence the annoyance at possibly not getting any ... but were would they put all of them I know george gregan has heaps ... He probably had to extend his house with another room for all of his caps ... hope they arent cheap ones either that would be funny ... I personally would donate my caps (if i had that many) to little african kids so they dont get burnt ... hahaha sorry ... yes I am taking the mickey .. like they are real caps ... you know to put on your head ... they are just probably caps for pens or something .....

hahaha lol can you tell im bored???

vCash
    According to the Flowers interview a couple of weeks ago there was only one player being considered for the NPC experience.
    Well I hope O'Connor is either that player or needs surgery or sumthin and that's why he's not going. He's played OK when called upon this season I reckon and he would benefit.

I'm not real clear on these apprentice contracts. They are outside the number allowed in the squad, right? Allowed to call them up incases of long term injury, similar to AFL "Rookie Lists", right? Good question about how long they can stay under this type of contract, Burgs. Anyone know the answer?

I reckon Te Moana has to come into the top squad for sure. So there's maybe a lot of deck chairs to be moved before next year.

vCash
    I was thinking that too Shasta!
    You would think that they must have been told for this squad to be named as they will be away during June.
    Also would indicate that they will be renewing Fitters one year contract or he is on his last chance before dropping.
    I assume that one of the RugbyWA boys must be a hooker?
    Ryan Tyrell is a hooker.
    O'Connor, Cowan and Mailata will be selected in the Australian u/21 side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy
    ... I like to watch rugby ...

hahaha lol can you tell im bored???
    Hehe. You crack me up Lonzy

You are bored cause The Force are not playing for a while, maybe.

Personally I put my caps on wall pegs in my bar. I've got a Force Cap, Wallabies, Canterbury Bulldogs, Dockers, Western Reds........to name a few. I don't know what all the fuss is either. You just go to The Rugby Shop or a sports store and by them

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyFan
    Ryan Tyrell is a hooker.
    O'Connor, Cowan and Mailata will be selected in the Australian u/21 side.
    Ahh, that's pretty obvious now that you mention it RF, thanks!
    Mailata must have been playing pretty well in the RWA Premiers to be considered as he hasn't played much other rugby this season?
    Ryan Tyrell was previously a Flanker wasn't he?
    Also any clues as to the playing positions of James Dougall and Elliot Kuhlman-Hall?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Ryan was a flanker. James Dougall is a 19 year old winger from Rockingham, Elliot Kuhlman-Hall is a lock from Wests.