Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force v Rebels: Match Report

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hey....at least we didn't boo them from the field.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    As they say in the classics - age and wisdom..... What was unforgiveable was falling for the oldest trick in the book. Have your goal kicker ask the ref where themark is, have your water boy run on with the kicking tee, do not tell ref you are going for posts, put your winger out wide and a nice cross kick = try time.

Had we been awake, Cipriani would have nailed the sitter = 3 pts instead of 5 and we win by 1 point and guess what.... all you doomsday, pessimistic, naysayers would be lauding how hard the boys played to win a nail biter.....

These are the times we back our boys, yup they missed a couple of putts here and there, but never question their integrity or commitment.

vCash
    The Force made some stupid mistakes and quite a few unforced errors. But the excitement of the majority of the game, made up a little for the disappointment of the final result.
    For me, I'd rather have a team in WA which means I can go and watch live Super 15 rugby most weekends, even if they don't live up to expectations. I'm certainly not going to hand my membership back anytime soon!
    And if nothing else, going make for a fantastic InnForcers tour in June, going to watch the Force beat the Rebels on their home turf!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    For me the most frustrating thing was the stupidity of some of our decisions.

Going for the line.
    Pros:
    1. Stay on attack.......................... but at least the ball's down the Rebel's end for a bit.
    That's the crucial point. I wonder why those decisions are being continually made.
    The thing I noticed most with the lineout on Saturday wast it's predictability. All the throws that went to the target were either tapped down or taken and thrown down from the top. Just one variation from a lineout near the goal line, taken down and mauled, could easily have resulted in a try. If not at least all the pressure, as you said, is on the Rebels.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Had we been awake, Cipriani would have nailed the sitter = 3 pts instead of 5 and we win by 1 point and guess what.... all you doomsday, pessimistic, naysayers would be lauding how hard the boys played to win a nail biter.....
    So in other words if we'd won the game we would have won the game. There seems to be an insinuation from some people that being p*ssed off after a loss makes you a bad fan. Ignoring those that are talking about leaving, I personally think that if you're getting caught up in that emotional rollercoaster it's a sign that you actually care about the team.

vCash
    Its taken me a while to settle down about the Saturday night match and some posts on here have helped to quell my emotions. I must admit it is the first time I have left a Force match angry and p*$#ed of at the sides performance.

The back line was a shambles throughout the match and some choices of ball use, like trying the last minute pass causing a knock on when, imo, securing the ball would have been the better option (and many others).

Only a few moments in the match rated, one of them being the Wykes run and pass for the try, but when your own coach comes out after half time and mentions in an interview that the side was being lazy, that is just the fullstop of the match on Saturday night.

The biggest killer again is the come back 1 point losses, the only time we were able to swing to the 1 point wins was in 2008. We continue to have the problem of the 5 out from the try line phobia, were we tend to get into difficulty and either take the three point penalty or cough it up.

Still I will be back at NIB Stadium on Saturday supporting the team 100%

Thats my 2 cents worth.

Go The Force!

Rookie
    vCash

Easier to get a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Get on board or get out of the way.
    Love 'em or leave 'em?

If that's going to be the rule, then the Force games may be pulling Perth Glory size memberships and crowds in a year or two's time (around 6,000).

At least you wouldn't have to wait in a 50 long queue for a pee, a burger or a beer, as you do with the current attendances of around 16,000.

vCash
    Too many mistakes at the critical moment. Just like all the other close games the Force couldn't win. Skill & decision making errors cost match results. It hurts..... but to be honest i almost expected it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------

vCash
    That's it. We almost do expect it.
    Why is this? I don't understand why we have had the same problem for so long now. How many times and how many ways can you address the same problem.

That's what I'm over. Blowing leads and losing games we should have won by a point or two. From a fans perspective it's frustrating as all he'll. I'd hate to be the players today.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    From our inception we have never had a "quality" 10 leading us around the park. Please do not respond with "what about Giteau" as my sides are sore enough from playing on the weekend and sudden bursts of laughter won't be appreciated.

Our backline was emabarrasing to watch the other night, at times you could have thrown a blanket over the whole lot of them.

I feel for our pack, at times they really put in the work, they still get a bit bullied but they are missing the main man in Pocock who lifts them to his level when he's playing.

Get a quality 'experienced' 10 to steer the ship and put the kid at fullback. He'll score a lot more tries which is what he's brilliant at.

vCash
    I think shep is a better fullback. His kicking was generally better. I'm wondering why he hasn't been Given a fees of the longer range ones.

I also think he has a more deceptive step. And isn't afraid to go to ground on attack as opposed to kicking away
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I have searched high and low throughout this thread and am really struggling to find someone who is blaming the ref for the loss. All I can see is people saying how the players were responsible for it.

What is going on? Surely the ref was the problem? Anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I think shep is a better fullback.
    Yer right there jono. But I'd say they are both outstanding at FB. However the Force will get better value with him getting some much needed time at inside center. It's where his international future lies. In S15 he'll create opportunities for Ripia to find space for our other runners just by being there and keeping the defenders guessing.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    What is going on? Surely the ref was the problem? Anyone?
    I agree. Clearly the Ref was at fault

Now just have to find where

vCash
    TO THE REPLAY!!!

First I've gotta take away everything I could throw at my tv though :/
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast