Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: It's Getting Warm in the Kitchen - Except for Neddies.

Senior Player
    vCash
    "Nah, even then they wouldn't want to join Clubs full of "loyal supporters" who piss and moan all the time and are located in shitty suburbs."

Burgs, if you told us that this is the official WA Rugby attitude then some things are starting to make sense.

Here we were thinking that the "Western" in "Western Force" related to the whole State, not just the Western Suburbs! Pennys just dropped, silly me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You can go down that path if you like, but the point I was making is that firstly the Clubs can go a fair way to making themselves a more attractive proposition, contrary to the popular opinion of some here, I know firsthand that not all players go to the highest bidder. Secondly you are kidding yourself if you think that given their own choice players are going to choose to burn their limited free time driving up and down freeways/highways to suburbs they have nothing in common with. If nothing else they can't even share a couple of beers with their supposed new team mates for fear of getting breatho'd on the long trip home!

I believe there should be a more even spread throughout the clubs.
    I believe that will never happen without RWA imposing it.
    I believe you can't put a genie back in a bottle.
    I believe many Clublanders are happier having something to whinge about at RWA than they are taking their own initiative on such things.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I don't know how players are allocated and what choice they have in where they go. I do know there is something wrong with a team that has 3 WF players beating another team containing zero WF players by 60 points. It really exemplifies what a p!ss poor job WARU are doing to develop and promote rugby in WA.

vCash
    Rugby WA CANNOT allocate players to clubs. It is illegal. It is in the players rupa contracts.The players make their own decisions generally based on either club location due to the players not wanting to travel or incentives offered by the clubs themselves.Obviously if they have friends playing at a club that tends to lead them in that clubs direction as well.

----------------------------------

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Rugby WA CANNOT allocate players to clubs. It is illegal. It is in the players rupa contracts.The players make their own decisions generally based on either club location due to the players not wanting to travel or incentives offered by the clubs themselves.Obviously if they have friends playing at a club that tends to lead them in that clubs direction as well.
    Ah OK.

Champion
    vCash
    It does not help a club to rely on their EWF players. The professional players often struggle at club level, they have one evening training session to get used to a few plays in the play book, then next time another few different ones. The clubbies around them also cut them more slack 'cos they're EWF players and can leap buildings in a single bound. The Club players who have then put out all season to earn their spot - get dropped to make way for someone who may not even play as well as the clubbie usually does.

We do need to make the EWF players feel "at home" they try darn hard to fit in, but remember with the exception of a few, they don't have the long term success of the club at heart, they cannot as they may be moved on in 12 or 24 months to another franchise.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    The Club players who have then put out all season .
    What happens in the change room, stays in the change room...

Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    We do need to make the EWF players feel "at home" they try darn hard to fit in, but remember with the exception of a few, they don't have the long term success of the club at heart, they cannot as they may be moved on in 12 or 24 months to another franchise.
    Surely that is the case with several amateur players on each clubs' list though Hansie?
    No shortage of accents around the matches I have attended and not all of them are here for the long term.
    I doubt it would take very much for a EWF player to be excused from playing Club or to go East so, I would argue that those who are playing are doing so mostly for the love of the code, which should ultimately manifest itself in a loyalty and involvement for as long as the remain.
    Going on past threads there is no shortage of bed hoping among the amateur players either...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Going on past threads there is no shortage of bed hoping among the amateur players either...
    I do a lot of bed hoping

vCash
    Wot garbage, previous posts in this thread suggest EWF players made a difference in games and then contradicted by the suggestion that a single training session won't help.
    If Cott have somehow landed EWF players, it's probably got more to do with location than anything else - as for Cott being well run, I'm somewhat miffed at that comment.

Wot it really boils down to is that RWA comp rules, the EWF contracted players should not be allowed to play in the finals games. Qualification should be conditional to make it equitable for all clubs from season appearances.

This would prevent the farce of a certain wallaby turning up for the last games, making a difference and helping wot is loosely described as a well run club ...
    That way, the "clubbies" get to earn their place in the finals series and make it a finals series of rugby not allegations.

Apprentice
    vCash
    So I suppose everyone who bitches about 1 has been and 1 junior playing for Cott would not have been happy to see regulars like Inman and co. line up last week???
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hansie,

Given your comments above, can Neddies win the 2011 Premiership without the use of Force players?

If so, are you prepared to reject the playing services of Force players this year to prove your point?

Consider this a test of your manhood!

Champion
    vCash
    Have a look at our team sheet from last week. our EWF player came off the bench.

We won last year without EWF players.

vCash
    With the exception of one club in the past 5 plus years it is the clubs who have had thier core group of senior players play week in week out for more than 2 plus years have won the senior comp.
    Wests, Kala, Baysie, and Neddies last year full credit to them after 10 years of bringing so called stars in they did it with not so much as home grown but with players who had been thru the highs and lows over some years.
    We are blaming the EWF players who go to these clubs for what ever reason money, location, flat, car, mates etc.
    However are they simply a product of our own short sighted lust for glory from us as supporters, committee, coaches, or mum and dad who want little johny or jenny to have a photo with a so called star at thier club.
    What i would be asking is there a plan, what are we building under these players to make mine and your club stronger or are we so short sighted that when these players move on there has been no devlopement, and if this is it, where to for that club?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5