Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Force vs Crusaders: Match Report

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Positives, Georgie Ayoub actually awarded us a try (IIRC that's a first!)
    Yeah that was a miracle.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    I know we can't keep blaming the Ref but consistency is all we want and Munroe letting the Crusaders keep going after being tackled twice when he had stopped Cullet from doing the samething was a poor decision. After the try was scored you could see the guys heads drop, we had been on top before that. The atmosphere at the ground was great although it ws disapointing to hear JOC being booed at a home game when taking goal kicks. You have to ask if there is anybody left in NZ although I'm sure some of those supporting the Crusaders last night will normally support the Force

vCash
    most of those crusaders fans arent even union supporters nevermind saders fans.. most of them only Know McCaw and SBW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    I'm sure some of those supporting the Crusaders last night will normally support the Force
    We couldn't make it and had to watch TV. Were at a function and noticed one of our Kiwi friends who fits that category in full frame close up pre-game, wearing red & black. When she arrived late at the do the question was put, "Why? You're from Bay of Plenty." ......"Yeah but Israel's my nephew". At least it explained the front row seats for non-members

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Conversation between me and one of my kiwi mates on Saturday...

"I was cheering for the Crusaders."
    "What the hell? You're from Wellington!"
    "Yeah but I have to cheer for the other New Zealand teams."
    "No you don't - we don't cheer for the other Australian teams!"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Force robbed by inconsistent refereeing

Western Force were within striking distance of a shock victory over the Crusaders at nib Stadium on Saturday night, but they were run down when the Super Rugby heavyweights scored two late tries. The Force, however, were left seething at a couple of decisions from New Zealand referee Vinnie Munro. Midway through the second half, Munro penalised Force winger Nick Cummins for not releasing the ball in the tackle. This was the correct decision as Cummins was clearly tackled, but the Kiwi whistleblower then failed to penalise Crusaders hooker Corey Flynn for the what appeared to be a carbon copy of the Cummins infringement. Flynn’s try ultimately broke the Force’s resistance, as the Crusaders put the game beyond doubt through a try to Kahn Fotuali'i four minutes later. The Crusaders may still have secured the victory had Flynn's try not been awarded, but Force skipper Nathan Sharpe had every right to be disappointed with Munro’s performance.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226048266165

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    most of those crusaders fans arent even union supporters nevermind saders fans.. most of them only Know McCaw and SBW
    I sat with Jono and Biege on Saturday night and this woman somewhere behind us would yell out when SBW got the ball and that was it, I overheard her say she doesn't know many other players

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Conversation between me and one of my kiwi mates on Saturday...

"I was cheering for the Crusaders."
    "What the hell? You're from Wellington!"
    "Yeah but I have to cheer for the other New Zealand teams."
    "No you don't - we don't cheer for the other Australian teams!"
    Beigey, were you sitting in the shed ??
    I was there and some fat kiwi kid (all of about 20) next to me got rather upset when I yelled out "same ole Richie, Cheating Bastard"
    Then when Shennan was caught being offside, he yelled in my face "so whos the cheater now".. only 10 minutes later I ripped him into him when McCaw got sent. I knew he wasn't a Crusaders supporter as he couldn't take the bait, but could give it. (most of my mates are from Canterbury and its give and take, not on this occasion it wasn't) so at half time I had a chat and he's from Wellington and cause they are performing so badly this year he has turned his colours to the Red and Black. Enough talking after that. A bit like Manchester Utd anyone who hasn't got a clue about soccer support Utd.

vCash
    Benny "A bit like Manchester Utd anyone who hasn't got a clue about soccer support Utd."

hmmmm, sounds like you don't have a clue about soccer Benny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    Benny "A bit like Manchester Utd anyone who hasn't got a clue about soccer support Utd."

hmmmm, sounds like you don't have a clue about soccer Benny
    OK I know nothing about soccer, and it made sense to me, can you please enlighten me to my mistake Kipper

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OK I know nothing about soccer, and it made sense to me, can you please enlighten me to my mistake Kipper
    sure GIGS - as an aside tho - did you know that a namesake of yours has been a Man United legend for the past 20 years ?....

Historically, I would agree with Benny - a lot of soccer supporters would jump on the bandwagon as United dominated English soccer, but thats changed a little in recent times. Cashed up clubs like Chelsea and Man city now attract these sort of "fans". However, the majority of British soccer fans would NEVER move their allegiance from 1 club to another - just doesn't happen. You are "moulded" by family and friends at a very young age, and home-town allegiancies are also very strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I sat with Jono and Biege on Saturday night and this woman somewhere behind us would yell out when SBW got the ball and that was it, I overheard her say she doesn't know many other players

That wench was ring in. Never seen her before. So I guess she either got a freebie from a member, or bought a ticket to see SBW.
    He is a big drawcard. But IMO so are the saders.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Just watched the game on IQ after being away on short holiday. What an exciting match – the saders were just awesome at the start, but we contributed to make them look good especially at the breakdown. Missed tackles aside, we've been guilty of individuals running forward and isolating themselves up front for most of the season - the saders had done their homework on this and killed us at breakdown in the first 20 minutes. From then, our forwards better supported the runner - especially Matty who I think made a big impact when he came on.

Boys should be proud, matching it with the best of the best IMO.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    sure GIGS - as an aside tho - did you know that a namesake of yours has been a Man United legend for the past 20 years ?....

Historically, I would agree with Benny - a lot of soccer supporters would jump on the bandwagon as United dominated English soccer, but thats changed a little in recent times. Cashed up clubs like Chelsea and Man city now attract these sort of "fans". However, the majority of British soccer fans would NEVER move their allegiance from 1 club to another - just doesn't happen. You are "moulded" by family and friends at a very young age, and home-town allegiancies are also very strong.
    I think the Man U bandwagon is pretty huge in eastern and southeastern Asia.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think the Man U bandwagon is pretty huge in eastern and southeastern Asia.
    Yep, I remember going to buy some beer at a run down stinking shop in Koh Samui years ago and ended up sharing a brew with the owner while we watched his 15inch TV screening a Champions League ManU game - he and his toothless mates new all the players and were all mad ManU supporters. Was priceless.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast