Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Western Force vs Crusaders: Match Report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Yep, I remember going to buy some beer at a run down stinking shop in Koh Samui years ago and ended up sharing a brew with the owner while we watched his 15inch TV screening a Champions League ManU game - he and his toothless mates new all the players and were all mad ManU supporters. Was priceless.
    There's a quite large Manchester United Cafe in Jakarta - I guess it would be ethnic cuisine for them! Stuff like that is why I reckon rugby needs to market itself better.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    There's a quite large Manchester United Cafe in Jakarta - I guess it would be ethnic cuisine for them! Stuff like that is why I reckon rugby needs to market itself better.
    Yep, we could learn a lot from their marketing globilisation eg the ManU & NYY (Yankees) superclub pact years ago.

Let's hope this years RWC is a success not just as a spectacle but also commercially. Investment in the game globally is vital and if the IRB are to be believed, is the reason global participation in rugby has increased 19% since RWC 2007. Rugby 7’s inclusion in the Olympic Games from 2016 is a positive and will really help get us more international exposure and maybe lead to more interest in the 15 man game.

vCash
    The Bunnies have good brand visibility as well but i guess that comes with having a celebrity owner...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The bunnies have always had a good visible presence. When the French Rugby team trained at our school (years ago) anyone who had a Rabbi-toes jerseys was guaranteed to get a swap for a French jersey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think the Man U bandwagon is pretty huge in eastern and southeastern Asia.
    It's gigantic. Great for exposure but you've got to wonder how much the merchandising is worth. Most of those millions of kids would be wearing 2 dollar knock offs.

Chang brewery in Thailand, OTOH, seems to be getting great value from it's Everton shirt sponsorship. They've been there since 2004. They wouldn't give a shit about the knock offs. Beer's bloody nice too.

PS. Pronounced chaang, = elephant.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5