Thread: Hansie's Grin Set To Swallow The Cheshire Cat.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Hansie's Grin Set To Swallow The Cheshire Cat.

It's a great season when four rounds in, it's impossible to confidently pick the winner of all but one game of the next round of the competition fixtures.

Neddies trouncing Perth is a given. How often can a team boast that it can't find a position in it's premier grade for eight first class players, including the likes of former Australian sevens player Will Brock?. While Perth can call on the brilliance of the Murphy clan, their ranks thin out rapidly after that.

The Uni Wanneroo game should be a cracker. Both lost last week, but the Dogs came closer to matching Neddies than anyone else so far this season. Uni were unlucky to lose to a slowly improving Palmyra, and showed they have some talent in their ranks, especially amongst their Force Academy allocation. I have to chose, so I give it by a whisker to Wanneroo, only because they aren't being propped up by RugbyWA, which gives them my solidarity vote.

Kala and Soaks will be interesting The current cellar dwellers should find it slightly easier against Kala than last week against Rocky, but then again Kala are due for another strong performance after a blistering start to the season. I think the difference between them will be Matty Dreyer's deadly boot, and Soaks should scrape home, but only just.

Rocky against Wests will be a battle between experience and determination (Rocky) and youth and exuberance (Wests). I give it to Rocky on the basis that their grizzled Wellington hard nuts will keep it together slightly better than the Westie kids.

And finally, there is Cott and Pally. The fact that the Force Academy players and third string Force boys are still required in Perth as training fodder and desperation replacements for the Force, gives Cott an edge of sorts, if only because of their sheer numbers at that club. And of course they have Cloete, the best backline general in clubland.
    Mind you, Pally do have a couple of surprises (four or five actually) up their sleeve, which may swing things back their way to some extent, but time will tell. I give it to Cott at this stage, but not by much.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Fair comment in the analysis for this week Fulvio- though having watched Neds & Perth, it could be closer than you think.

However, not only this post, but in many others, there seems to be a misunderstanding of an Academy player. Many/most in the Academy are Perth players and have been around the club scene/school scene a few years and have come thru the local system. To bag a club eg Soaks becaue have have Godwin, Holmes or Nuegebauer, Cott- Cloete, Uni- Taylor & Smith Wright, Paly- Ball- before injured,Wests also have a few- some still @ school, Perth- Carlisle, to mention but a few, is off the mark.

Academy players play their bread & butter rugby for their clubs. They train with clubs and do a skills & S&C program @ RugbWA for a pittance. Rest assured these players will all still be here next season when the Academy relocates East.They are not allocated by RugbyWA and are not part of any conspiracy.

If you wish to bemoan the lack of parity in Force players at all clubs- fair enough, but check the detail re Academy!

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvs.... not sure about the heading and not sure about trouncing Perth.

Roo Dogs were very impressive last Saturday, if only for the first time I saw genuine team camaraderie. In past years, they would have faltered but hats off to the Roo Dogs getting that team spirit going. They will make the finals.

I applaud the RugbyWA initative of having all premier games coded and released to all premier grade coaches so that week to week they can see how well they are improving and what needs to be done to counter opponents. The rest of the season will be a lot closer.

Friday night games are sensational and with due respect to Pally, I thought Uni snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Uni had several brain explosions on attack and once Steve irons those out...you'll see a lot more victories.

Premier Grade rugby in Perth has come a long way and is now very entertaining and I predict the crowds will grow especially after seeing your night game last week.

vCash
    A little birdie informed me that a kiwi boat has called into port and dropped off a substancial load of new recruits to Baysie this week. Lets say .......... more than 10........... but less than 20. I will be interested to see Baysie's results in the coming weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------

vCash
    gotta love the rumour mill!! yeah there is a few more people down there, mainly because we now have a 3rd grade team up and running...

vCash
    Goony, welcome back!

vCash
    Cheers Fulv, been laying low in Scotland for a few seasons - is good to be back

vCash
    Where's Action Hardcore!!!!!! I miss his tales of arm curls and women

GRAB YOUR MATE!

vCash
    Motherfuckers keep deleting my posts bro... Moved onto bigger and better things. Some big time producers hit me up about doing a perth version of jersey shore. I was like na dogg wait for summer when i can get my tan back on. Tanning bed's to expensive uring winter, supply and demand bro...
    Finally got myself a regular lady friend after jehna kept resisting my advances, though had to import her from spain though. shit was cash...

Peace

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Senior Player
    vCash
    Engage! you sound like Rick Boyd. Is he still alive?

I think Fulvio was referring to the second and third string force players eg Bartholomeuz and the contracted Academy players, not the local players who turn up for S&C training. That's the way I read it anyway.

Hansie, what is it with you and Palmyra? You seem to spend your time sharpening your knife for them?

I was told Neddies refused to play night games - have you converted?

vCash
    Hansie's me mate, Rumours.

We have a mutual respect thing going, except when our clubs play each other, when he reverts to type temporarily, as do I.

Champion
    vCash
    Always been a fan of Night games, but silly of us to play under 100 lux lighting, when we train under 10 lux lights. Once we get council to put some lights in for us to train and play at night, we'll be keen.

I am not Fulvio's mate, he steals beers from me and I am still waiting for Darkness to show up.

vCash
    See what I mean? He loves me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    Motherfuckers keep deleting my posts bro... Moved onto bigger and better things. Some big time producers hit me up about doing a perth version of jersey shore. I was like na dogg wait for summer when i can get my tan back on. Tanning bed's to expensive uring winter, supply and demand bro...
    Finally got myself a regular lady friend after jehna kept resisting my advances, though had to import her from spain though. shit was cash...

Peace
    Yo Bro,

Whats happening cool cat.

GRAB YOUR MATE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    A little birdie informed me that a kiwi boat has called into port and dropped off a substancial load of new recruits to Baysie this week. Lets say .......... more than 10........... but less than 20. I will be interested to see Baysie's results in the coming weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sweet as.