Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Dumps O'Connor

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    for the price of 1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Well, Dunning, Fairbrother and Smith are all leavng too, and all we have picked up is Faulkner and Ma'afu. I think there would be change left over there. And if not, we need new negotiators.

vCash
    Thanks for your contribution, James. You were a great player from day 1 and I hope you get appropriate recognition. Too bad you couldn't accept RWA's terms but life moves on. Happy to see the franchise say enough is enough. Now where to spend that moolah.........

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Not sure who is left that is not contracted?

It was great having James here and seeing him grow, but at the end of the day even with him in the side we did not make the finals, so its back to the drawing board and as there was life after Gits so there will be life after James

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Hopefully there'll be enough cash left over to get Sheps that body transplant he so badly needs, it'll be worth it if he could last more that 12 minutes on the park...

Now you're officially my woman. Kudos! I can't say I don't envy you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    No tweets for a while...

Thats a relief, no more being referred to as "tweeps"...

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash

Wallaby star James O'Connor pulls about-face and quits Western Force to join Super Rugby strugglers Melbourne Rebels

WALLABIES wunderkind James O’Connor will play for the Melbourne Rebels next season after changing his mind about staying with the Western Force.

The 20-year-old gun utility back, who comes out of contract at the end of this Super Rugby season, told all prospective suitors - including the Rebels, Reds and Brumbies - last week that he would be staying in Perth for one more year.

But in the past 36 hours, he decided he did want to play in Melbourne after all.

O’Connor, who has played 27 Tests for Australia, joins great mate Kurtley Beale as part of a new-look Rebels backline that already boasts former Wallabies Stirling Mortlock, Mark Gerrard and Julian Huxley as well as Cooper Vuna.

His signing should give the Rebels a massive boost ahead of this Friday’s final game of the season, ironically against the Force.

The WA team will be without O’Connor, who misses through suspension after a dangerous tackle on Reds captain James Horwill last week.

A statement from the Force said the club withdrew from talks after intensive negotiations with O'Connor's management failed to find common ground on either pay or the length of his contract.

The statement said: "After four months of negotiations without resolution, a deadline was set for 9am today which passed without a response from O'Connor's representatives. RugbyWA CEO Vern Reid has, therefore, withdrawn the offer.

"We presented James with extremely generous terms which reflected his talent and standing at the Western Force

"We were fully committed to giving James every opportunity to continue his development through the rugby program in Western Australia. However, it is clear his final decision has been based on other factors.''

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226075631904

Ouch...Rebels get their manchild...:eek:

vCash
    Not sure what to think about this. If the offer has been withdrawn, then that's ok in my books, because he's wanted to play for the force like he said and they just didn't want to pay his fee. No harm no foul......if however it's him changing his mind after verbally agreeing...........Digby Ioane springs to mind.

Either way. I wish him well, it'll be a bugger to develop his rugby career in Melbourne with a diminishing salary pool and player list. Alongside which he'll have Kurtley competing for limelight and possibly no super coach.

We've proven a better attacking unit without him (strangely) so maybe we need to have a more even spread of talent in the back line in order that our one "superstar" isn't too easy to target.

Can Willie play 12? I'm not entirely convinced about Rory yet, he's better than Gene, but that's not saying a lot.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    Thats a relief, no more being referred to as "tweeps"...
    So do you feel spent now?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Thanks for your contribution, James. You were a great player from day 1 and I hope you get appropriate recognition. Too bad you couldn't accept RWA's terms but life moves on. Happy to see the franchise say enough is enough. Now where to spend that moolah.........
    Shafter? I thought you were ignoring my threads? Not too boring now champ? Good to see you on topic anyway!

Hasta la vista Pam

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Im not sure how to feel about this. after months of this crap this is the outcome and im not sure its the best for either party?! Does any one know what he and his management where after? Is it a case of a over zelouse managment team thinking they had the force rapped around there finger which has now back fired in their face or JOC believing his own press?

vCash
    Blimey..this will be a difficult one to explain to the kids..shit, it's going to be a rough night..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Im not sure how to feel about this. after months of this crap this is the outcome and im not sure its the best for either party?! Does any one know what he and his management where after? Is it a case of a over zelouse managment team thinking they had the force rapped around there finger which has now back fired in their face or JOC believing his own press?
    I'd say it defiantly backfired.

Hasta la vista Pam

Champion
    vCash
    as I was yelling and proud to "JUUUUUDDDAASSSSS" !!!

oh and you want to develop your rugby career with the Rabbles ? BULLSH!T is all i have to say.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast