Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Dumps O'Connor

vCash
    Had enough of this long drawn out crap anyway. Same as Gits, no one is bigger than the game.
    I applaud RugbyWA for taking their stance.
    Now let's move on and see if JOC has a fantastic year at his new found club, like Gits has this season. (scoff)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good signing for the Rabble. They should cut their losing margin down to 25 points per game now.

Really dumb move JO'C - clearly not motivated by "rugby development".

Perhaps Nasser has had a word in his ear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Blimey..this will be a difficult one to explain to the kids..shit, it's going to be a rough night..
    LOL, same deal here with my kids.. like other kids, they'll feel betrayed with him signing hundreds of autographs on Saturday night knowing he wasn't going to accept our offer..

Let's spend the money on cover for Shepherd.

Senior Player
    vCash
    didn't the hurricanes release Nonu? get him over here.

Senior Player
    vCash
    The reality is that JOC is a prodigious talent, and it has been wonderful to see him blossom under the Force's tutelage. However, these guys have it drummed into them by their managers (who get a significant cut) that their rugby life is short and full of risk (look at Berrick Barnes!) and they should play the market for as much as they can get. No matter how mature a young man he is, that sort of relentless crap from managers can sink in.

Let's not project a whole lot of bullshit on the guy, though. To suddenly go from Golden Boy to brat reflects more on us than on him. I wish him well. The Wallabies World Cup chances rely in no small part to him being part of the team.

Anyway, two of the best games we played this season (the ones in Kiwi-land) we played without him. I think the future of the Force is very healthy.

Goodbye, good luck, but I hope we smash the Rebels both times next year (and this Friday!)

vCash
    James O'Connor Tweet Jun 7th "journos everywhere at training- nothing finalised yet tweeps n want you guys to be the 1st to know. Hopefully have something for you soon.." Thanks for the heads up James....................All Quite on the TweetFront.

vCash
    The only non-negotiable was the 2 year term, same as 2 years ago. JOC management called their bluff- oops!! (apparently..)
    Never mind, less money and living in Melbourne- hi 5

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    didn't the hurricanes release Nonu? get him over here.
    Pretty sure the Chiefs have snapped him up.

vCash
    Nonu was released because he didn't want to listen to the coach, and was openly questioning him at training. We don't want someone like that here
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Only got rid of that contingent last year.....

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Is JM Hernandez signed anywhere next year?

And what is the Argy stocks for centres like over there? Would be good to get an Argie over for a few years prior to them entering the 3N.

And how is Kyle Godwin coming along?

vCash
    10 is covered, between Chucky, Willie and (at a pinch) Barty and Kyle, we're not short of inside backs........maybe no Dan Carter superstars in there, but I think Superstar-itis is what our backline's been suffering from all year. I'd be looking for a 12 who can work off the talent we can already field at 10. Neither Chucky or Willie are fantastic kickers of the ball, so we need solid options at 12 who can work from the back foot and sometimes in isolation, because a smart coach will be organising to kick from the back three. a Ma'a Nonu would be my thought, big, strong, hard running bloke who has a bit of a passing game. We don't need a lively stepper, because we won't be making room for that. Blue collar rugby has worked for us in situations where you wouldn't have expected it to.....let's run with it. Put Bam in 12 (he was a centre before turning pro) and tell him to run straight over the top of anyone who has the audacity to try and tackle him!

C'mon the

vCash
    After all of our experience with the last two show ponies someone wants Nonu here..... Are you F...king kidding

----------------------------------

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    The reality is that JOC is a prodigious talent, and it has been wonderful to see him blossom under the Force's tutelage. However, these guys have it drummed into them by their managers (who get a significant cut) that their rugby life is short and full of risk (look at Berrick Barnes!) and they should play the market for as much as they can get. No matter how mature a young man he is, that sort of relentless crap from managers can sink in.

Let's not project a whole lot of bullshit on the guy, though. To suddenly go from Golden Boy to brat reflects more on us than on him. I wish him well. The Wallabies World Cup chances rely in no small part to him being part of the team.

Anyway, two of the best games we played this season (the ones in Kiwi-land) we played without him. I think the future of the Force is very healthy.

Goodbye, good luck, but I hope we smash the Rebels both times next year (and this Friday!)

He held us for ransom and his bluff was called. He may be a talent now, but different team, different environment with no leadership, will he still be a talent in 12 months? Will he avoid injury?

I say good riddance, the team played way better without him around in recent weeks. Bugger off and leave your blue shirts at reception on the way out.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Deadlines

Hoo rah

Result one way or the other

Now lets rape QLD rugby of up and coming stars (humor)

Last edited by Rex Messup; 15-06-11 at 13:57.
    Controversy corner

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast