Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Force Dumps O'Connor

Apprentice
    vCash
    JOC - Poor advice, poor communications, poor negotiations & piss poor result.
    As quoted in Thursday's "West Australian Newspaper" as said by JOC from Channel Nine:
    "I GUESS I WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR MYSELF & BUILDING MY RUGBY BRAND".

Farewell JOC, with your lack of team ethos, you wont be missed.

Well done Vern Reid - Team before Individual, Place before People.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    End result.........

One small step for a player but one giant step for the team.

Congratulations to RWA for ending the cicrus. A deadline in Feb would have saved the team from carnivale JOC. If he'd wanted to stay, he would have inked the dotted line months ago.

I think it is a huge vote of confidence for the recruited players that management has given the metaphorical "up yours" to a precocious Princess.

Sure we wanted him to stay but if he wanted it in his heart, his X would have been filed months ago.

lost a quality player but made a huge stride in team ethos. Our club is about opportunity and blokes that give 110% and make it on their own merits. The Force have built a quality nucleus of players with ability and guts.

It takes one princess to upset the apple cart. All for one and one for all. You wear the Shirt if you deserve the place.

Don't forget your raincoat and your thermals JOC and say hi to that belter Inman for us.

Don't get caught at the bottom of a ruck. Our qualified team of backrow wallabies are going to remove your number with their aluminium screw ins

Controversy corner

vCash
    good point Rex... ironic that one of JOC's kpi's was for the Force to recruit a quality 13.. well now he's going to have to play next to the Forces, former second-string 13... Inman!!! LOL!

vCash

Embarrassment avoided, Melbourne finally snares O'Connor

ONE of the most drawn-out player transfers in the history of professional rugby in Australia will finally culminate today in the announcement by the Melbourne Rebels that they have secured Wallabies utility James O'Connor.

A Rebels spokesman confirmed yesterday that O'Connor's signing was "a done deal", but the club chose to defer the formal announcement until today to avoid any embarrassment to his current side, the Western Force, ahead of the clash of the two clubs at AAMI Park last night.

>>Full story if you're an insomniac<<

Player
    vCash
    Love your work JOC - top lad and a top player - it is such a shame that your departure will leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Your management team and close family have not done you any favors and as such it is unlikely that anyone in the West, friends included, will have the same regard for you again. I hope that you learn from this and have the gumption to turn around to your press agents and kick them in the gonads in they ever ask you to gob off re "Brand O'Connor" ever again. You were made to sound like a twat! You earn respect over years of consitancy (a la Eales, Greegan, Farr Jones, Sharp etc) not over a few years. Dont get ahead of yourself and believe your own press.

Such a shame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin;289851A
    Rebels spokesman confirmed yesterday that O'Connor's signing was "a done deal", but the club chose to defer the formal announcement until today to avoid any embarrassment to his current side,
    Pull the other one!

TRANSLATION: Better not crow about this as we got him at a discount as they actually ushered him, his brief and their KPI's to the departure lounge. That mob is still likely to give us a towelling and we'd look a right bunch of tossers then.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucking Good View Post
    Love your work JOC - top lad and a top player - it is such a shame that your departure will leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Such a shame
    Yep - my feelings exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    TRANSLATION: Better not crow about this as we got him at a discount as they actually ushered him, his brief and their KPI's to the departure lounge. That mob is still likely to give us a towelling and we'd look a right bunch of tossers then.

vCash
    "Brand O'Connor" sounds like a lead in to clothing, sunglasses, shoes and protein shakes. Watch for it when it's floated on the Melbourne Stock Exchange.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10