Spirit fingers?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Lol, either or
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Dudes the BRUMBIES have it covered... Catch the Jake White magic show... Scrum half at the end is a quality addition to the squad... bring on the Super Rugby...

Merry Christmas to you all...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_0kBD_4T6o"]Magic Show - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by mudskipper; 08-12-11 at 18:55.

vCash
    Muddie, the ponies have had IT covered ever since CA started sponsoring them!

vCash

Post Fardy's no newbie

Older, wiser and stronger - Scott Fardy is determined to make the most of his second Super Rugby opportunity and prove he can play at the highest level.

And while he is yet to make his Super Rugby debut, 27-year-old Fardy already feels like a veteran in the ACT Brumbies' young squad.

Fardy joined the Brumbies for the first time at training this week after his contract with Japanese side the Kamaishi Seawaves ended.

It's the second chance he's had with an Australian team.

Fardy was part of the Western Force squad in 2008, but he failed to force his way into the top squad and is still waiting to play his first Super Rugby match.

His stint in Perth left him disappointed and disillusioned with the game and he decided to take his game to Japan.

''I really enjoyed myself [in Japan], it's not the standard that it is here, but they've still got really strong players,'' Fardy said.

''I was stoked that the Brumbies showed interest in me to come here and give me a chance to play Super Rugby.

''I didn't get a game with the Force, so I want to come here and show what I'm worth.''

Fardy's arrival means there are just three players absent from Jake White's pre-season training - Wallabies Ben Alexander and Stephen Moore and Fotu Auelua who won't finish his Japanese stint until early next year. Fardy, a versatile lock/back-rower, adds valuable experience to the youthful Brumbies squad.

While he hasn't played in the competition before, he has more experience than most of White's young guns and is an imposing figure at 198cm and 113kg.

He has been part of the NSW Waratahs academy squad and trained with the Brumbies in 2009 while Ben Hand, Mark Chisholm and Sitaleki Timani were injured.

Most Brumbies fans have probably never heard of Fardy.

But the Warringah Rats junior was in Laurie Fisher's radar when he was coaching the two-time Super Rugby champions.

Fisher is now White's forwards coach and he had no hesitation praising Fardy's game.

''I'd seen Scott a few years ago when he was playing club rugby and I was always impressed with his physicality, I thought he brought an edge to the game and it stuck in my mind,'' Fisher said.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...e/2388248.aspx

vCash
    Wow! Now that's what I call a scoop, Mud. I would have missed it otherwise.
    Now where was I .......................

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Wow! Now that's what I call a scoop, Mud. I would have missed it otherwise.
    Now where was I .......................

sorry for waking you up in the preseason buddy... carry on...

vCash

Thumbs up There's no Wallabies on his side, but don't tell new Brumbies coach White there's no

Wise counsel … George Gregan and Jake White.

The Super Rugby side may be at a low ebb but optimism is plentiful...

YOU get the sense World Cup-winning Springboks coach Jake White did his homework on Australia before agreeing to a four-year deal with the Brumbies. After all, he was a Johannesburg school teacher.

Cast aside by the South African Rugby Union following the 2007 World Cup win over England, he's waited four years to get back into the game as a head coach.

And while he makes no secret of his intentions to again scale the heights of international rugby and lead another side to World Cup victory - perhaps the Wallabies one day - the endearing father-like figure sees Australia as the perfect platform to relaunch his coaching career and develop into not just a better rugby coach but a world-class mentor.

Advertisement: Story continues below
    ''The one thing that I'm excited about and also played a massive role in coming to the Brumbies is it's not just the Brumbies, it's Australia,'' says a relaxed White, leaning back in his chair after sharing a gourmet meal with his playing squad at Brumbies HQ.

''Australians have got an unbelievable work ethic in sport. When you look at their achievements in sport it is phenomenal. I just thought that this was the one country where I could develop as a coach.

''And I thought that Super Rugby might be a good way to get back into rugby. And there's a link between South Africa, so I can still be judged as coach within that competition.''

He's already picked the brains of some of the country's top coaches.

''I read Ric Charlesworth's book and since I've been here I've had meetings with Bill Sweetenham, the swimming coach,'' he says. ''I've had meetings with Ricky Stuart. Kevin Sheedy is going to be coming to Canberra and I went down to Melbourne and met Craig Bellamy.''

And he knows new Australian cricket coach Mickey Arthur better than most. White revealed it was Arthur who helped convince him Down Under was a place to prosper.

''I don't think he ever thought he'd be coaching Australia in cricket. And I asked him a lot about Australia before I moved here,'' White says.

''And he said: 'Jake, the one thing about this place is they share their knowledge, they're open to ideas and players like to be coached.' He said it was a great environment to bring out the best in yourself … I may not have international exposure but there's a lot more opportunity for me to develop myself as a coach.''

With the NSW coast less than two hours away, White says he's the happiest man in Canberra. And clearly, given the mass player exodus in the nation's capital, he's the only one happy the Brumbies ended last year's Super Rugby season just two rungs short of last on the ladder.

There's no Matt Giteau, no Adam Ashley-Cooper, no Rocky Elsom, Mark Chisholm, Huia Edmonds, Salesi Ma'afu or Josh Valentine. And captain Stephen Hoiles parted ways with the club just this week due to a career-threatening Achilles injury.

But as he looks around the team room scattered with unknowns and wide-eyed 20-somethings, White smiles. ''Coaching goes in cycles,'' he says, starting every answer with an explanation as to how he came to that conclusion. His seeming transparency - or brutal honesty, depending how you look at it - is a trait that endeared him to his subjects, past and present. Less so with the rugby hierarchy in South Africa.

''You go into our change room now and our dining room now and, with all due respect, there are no Wallabies sitting there,'' he says.

''The other teams are sitting with all the Wallabies players and are at the top of their cycle, while we are at the bottom of our cycle. In a couple [of] years' time, hopefully these boys will be at the top of theirs.''

A similarity to the Springboks of 2004, then languishing in sixth on the International Rugby Board world rankings table, attracted White to the Brumbies.

''We started at the Boks with nobody and we were sixth in the world,'' he says. ''The Brumbies are 13th of 15, we've lost about eight Wallabies. But I don't see it as doom and gloom … I mean, six of the starting pack that I ever played in my first game as coach of South Africa played in the World Cup final.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...#ixzz1gClOyJwP

vCash

Wink Murphy and Hegarty earn promotions

The Brumbies have moved to fill the last gap in their 2012 playing roster by promoting two players further up their squad.

Ruaidhri Murphy has now claimed a position with the fulltime squad while his Extended Playing Squad position has been filled by Anthony Hegarty.

Murphy is an international import having moved to Canberra from Ireland where he represented his country of birth at Under 20’s level.

Having spent a large part of his youth in Perth where his father owns a business, Murphy has a strong appreciation for Australia and has suggested his long term goal was to represent the Wallabies.

A strong prop who can switch between loose and tight head, Murphy will compete for a spot in the Brumbies squad with world-class bookends like Dan Palmer and Ben Alexander.

“I’ve been impressed by the way Ruaidhry has taken on the extra responsibility at training and how he has fitted straight into the squad,” Head Coach Jake White said.

“He is a quality player and I’m pleased to be able to offer him a spot in our fulltime squad for the coming season.

“We have one of the better front row combinations in the Super Rugby competition and I expect Ruaidhri will fit straight into that system without any troubles.”

Another nuggety front-rower who spends his time at Hooker, Hegarty returns to the Brumbies for the coming season having claimed six caps in 2011 filling in for Stephen Moore and Huia Edmonds.

Since then Hegarty has impressed with his enthusiasm and willingness to be involved with everything at training.

Hegarty is a tough competitor and quality ball-runner. Combining these features with his textbook tackling technique the Brumbies have snared themselves a quality rugby player for the final spot in.

A Canberra youngster, Hegarty was a schoolboy star during his days at Marist College and went on to represent the ACT schools team on several occasions.

http://brumbies.com.au/News/Article/...0/Default.aspx

vCash
    Great to see Hegarty has earned a spot, he was embarrassed by both our lineout and our scrum last year. I hope he gets plenty of minutes against us.

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Probably. Siliva Siliva is supposed to have buggered knees.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Probably. Siliva Siliva is supposed to have buggered knees.
    what a comment negative comment... I hear he is doing very well at the Brumbies... I look forward to him taking the field...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Great to see Hegarty has earned a spot, he was embarrassed by both our lineout and our scrum last year. I hope he gets plenty of minutes against us.
    And I'm sure he is the netter for it... good to see he is still in the brumbies window... experience is a great teacher...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    And I'm sure he is the netter for it... good to see he is still in the brumbies window... experience is a great teacher...
    What did he learn, how to lick his own spine?

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    what a comment negative comment... I hear he is doing very well at the Brumbies... I look forward to him taking the field...
    It's not a negative comment it is a statement of fact. He had a PCL reconstruction a few months ago and interestingly opted to have the LARS instead of a proper reconstruction. He'll be lucky to be available for the start of the season and with the LARS he will be lucky not to bugger it up down the track. Poor man management from the Brumbies.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast