Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablets etc

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    just xoom 2'd myself 32GB 3G from jb's .. nice!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Is there some dodgy bastard selling these in the carpark or something Happy???

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    hahahaha jb hifi's i meant .. northy branching out

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I have been thinking about getting one of these for my 10 year old daughter the Zoe Monster.

Would appreciate any opinions.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Kogan just released some cheap ICS tablets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    You know what they say "get a cider in cider and you'll get in cider"
    http://www.allowe.com/Humor/audio/DickensCider1.mp3 :

vCash
    This is the first tablet I'll be buying..coming in a few months.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I have been thinking about getting one of these for my 10 year old daughter the Zoe Monster.

Would appreciate any opinions.
    The ad seems to say all the right things about an android tablet. You'll be able to get faster ones, and ones with better graphics, but not for that price.

The big thing with a tablet is durability, you don't want a cheap plasticky one because they get a reasonably hard life (like laptops) I don't know whether this one is any good in that way

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I have been thinking about getting one of these for my 10 year old daughter the Zoe Monster. Would appreciate any opinions.
    Specs are pretty impressive for the price point. It's 7" predecessor had a lousy screen and terrible battery life so I'd recommend you wait for reviewers like Cnet to get their hands on one and put it to the test. From what I've read, they're due out early next week so shouldn't have the Zoe Monster on your back for too much longer.. I've an 11 year old daughter and I know how they can nag .. ;-)

Here's the competition at that price point.

Edit: found a review for you

vCash
    Here you go Ex - review hot of the press. I'd still wait for a more comprehensive review from the likes of cnet.

vCash
    Supplementary question:

Does anyone actually use these tablets for their actual work? Whether iPad or the many other versions?

Seems to me that they are pretty much a novelty to use for non-work stuff, such as internet browsing from your lounge chair instead of sitting at a desk...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Supplementary question:

Does anyone actually use these tablets for their actual work? Whether iPad or the many other versions?

Seems to me that they are pretty much a novelty to use for non-work stuff, such as internet browsing from your lounge chair instead of sitting at a desk...
    Ive used then on site. With the site 3d model loaded up, and all the isometric and instrumentation drawings in there. Used to walk lines with it and check things off, highlight errors and mock up differences to be made into 'as built' drawings later on, also had Skype on it to talk to head office. As well as all the standards and procedures I had to work to. And had access to the server to allow me to look at the records if I was asked by the client. Or a client rep.

Was handy stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Supplementary question:

Limited use in a school, but an android version (flash player.....that just rocks) would be useful for running the many web apps we have. I connect to lots of online admin stuff with mine, it's also handy to have pocket cloud available to connect to my computer remotely when needed.

C'mon the

vCash
    Supplementary question:

Does anyone actually use these tablets for their actual work? Whether iPad or the many other versions? Seems to me that they are pretty much a novelty to use for non-work stuff, such as internet browsing from your lounge chair instead of sitting at a desk...
    If you're into cloud computing like I am then they're great to use on the job. Via a web browser on my Xoom I can invoice clients while on the job, access my business accounting records via Gmail docs/drive etc. It's also got me out of trouble finding a client on google maps when my GPS software was out of date

vCash
    Supplementary question:

Also. I've found my personal iPad to be great for short trips, you can take it instead of a laptop and have the ability to browse the Internet, check emails, Skype with family and friends on something that is not 2-3kg's and a hell of a lot smaller.

It's also saved me hundreds so far in books, ebooks are cheaper. And it's easier to carry around a tablet than it is to take 4/5 Books with you if you are going away for a month or so.

Also, the iTunes store released GTA III a while back, so that's fun on planes

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast