Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies miss the western force players

vCash

Wallabies miss the western force players

Experience was missed by wallabies Where is sharpie The rudder fell off bring on Peku the scrums just could not read the play cooper played a dumb game Lack of exprience on how to read a game and shut Ireland down and counter there game was lacking 65 mins out and you looking down the barrel wheres the bench I watched all the games and Australia is the only team with fresh legs on the bench at 80 mins

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    1. Forwards as a whole were useless
    2. Ref was an ass (could use a stronger word)
    3. Genia and Quade kicked away possesion like idiots all day
    4. Why the hell don't we use our bench?!

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Key was... The Wallabies really missed starting inform hooker Stephen Moore in the set piece and Pocock in general play... Lots way too much ball so the backs had no platform to play off... Congrats to Ireland they made the Wallabies play to their game plan and won... Wallabies to regroup... and look at the other side of the table... That will up set a few others... RWC not over yet...

looks like the Wallabies have to win the Tri-Nations again to win this RWC... Boks in the QF and All Blacks in the semi to get to the final... And either Ireland, Samoa or Fiji in the final, now that would be a very weird RWC in NZ...

Wallabies lacked good experienced heads to direct the play,,, Cooper, Genia and Beale lost their way tonight...

Last edited by mudskipper; 17-09-11 at 19:04.

vCash
    Probably England Muddy.

Why in gods name does Deans continue to persist with Pat McCabe?

I bet Robbie Deans regrets not taking a backup for Pocock now!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran
    vCash
    praise for the Hodgo comment. McCabe must consistantly hit it up too high...

Champion
    vCash
    Before the game they were talking about the Irish Dads Army... whats the wallabies nickname, we have Vickermann - Mitchell -Elsom - PaltuNau - Kefu who have all played a combination of 100 minutes (over exaggeration) in this years Super 15 season, and there talking about depth, yeah Dingo Deans might have the depth but these 5 players should be the "depth" and 5 better players take there spot.

Remember when the Soccer world cup came around and the Soccerroos played like sh1t against the Germans, everyone was calling for the coaches head as he left it too late to bring on the replacements, And it happens again now. not till the 65th minute a replacement came on for the old - slow - underperforming Vickermann.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Italy could conceivably beat Ireland and if that happens all hell could break lose within our pool because then it comes down to who has the most bonus points.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Experience was missed by wallabies Where is sharpie The rudder fell off bring on Peku the scrums just could not read the play cooper played a dumb game Lack of exprience on how to read a game and shut Ireland down and counter there game was lacking 65 mins out and you looking down the barrel wheres the bench I watched all the games and Australia is the only team with fresh legs on the bench at 80 mins
    Apart from the lack of punctuation totally agree.

I think we will see Rob Horne introduced in the next game.

Teams are going to target Genia and Cooper - we need to expect that. That we can't change our game plan accordingly is a sad indictment. We have Beale and O'Connor who can be alternative first receivers.

The forwards seem to work themselves up for a big game every third or fourth game - the need to front up every time for us to have any chance of releasing the backs.

Champion
    vCash
    What I got out of it :

I still cant believe Sharpie isnt in the 22 ?

Why is Cooper continuing to pass glory passes ? there is a 10% chance of it coming off.

Why is Cooper even in the team ?continuing to be a 2nd full back and cant tackle (dont need) doesn't kick goals, and gives the ball over - plays one good game and he's the best player.

Why is Vickermann in the team ? do we need 1 lawyer on the field at one time incase is a legal requirement

Twice yesterday Wallabies players who have a "Yelling match" at each other (episode 1 Judas vs Genia - episode 2 Kepu vs Elsom) Its is 15 wallabies out there as a team or 15 individuals wearing the Yellow ?

Judas cant keep kicking, he will knock the wallabies out of this RWC with his inaccuracy.

If I was manager / selector:

If I went thru that team last night I would of chosen Genia & Horwill & AAC & Beale as my only starters for next week.

Cooper to the bench, bring in Barnes to #10 (kicking duties to him)

Oh and did I say SUCK IT UP..... Wallabies now have the hard draw and the Black Rose will be in the FINAL.. I knew it would be a struggle in the semi's against the Wallabies but now it will be France or Ireland..

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Probably England Muddy.

Why in gods name does Deans continue to persist with Pat McCabe?

I bet Robbie Deans regrets not taking a backup for Pocock now!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    a Backup for BamBam, also a replacement for Cooper and a centre who can do more work than 2 of them combined as seen in yesterdays match (McCabe nor Fainaga did nothing apart from sing the national anthem)

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Italy could conceivably beat Ireland and if that happens all hell could break lose within our pool because then it comes down to who has the most bonus points.
    Italy - ha ha ha... only games they will win is USA & Russia, Australia made em look good and as there 6 nations shown the Italy got touched up by the Irish in Italy.

Australia were still having a "chubbie" after they beat the all blacks 2 weeks prior.

vCash
    We in the Southern Hemisphere have to wake up to the fact that scrums are part of the game of rugby!
    Over the last ten years or so the amount of tinkering around with the game to make it quicker and more spectator friendly has diluted the scrum to an almost Rugby League level scrum. As soon as we come up against a decent scrummaging team we are in trouble.
    Deans totaly underestimated Ireland but he hasnt got a lot to choose from in Au rugby at the moment.
    Lets bring the Scrum back as the battle ground its supposed to be!
    After yesterdays performance I doubt we will make it past the QF stage.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    not getting a bonus point in the end could cost the Wallabies even if the Azzuri beat the Paddies... That dumb pass by Cooper at the end was too low a percentage play to be worth while...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    a Backup for BamBam, also a replacement for Cooper and a centre who can do more work than 2 of them combined as seen in yesterdays match (McCabe nor Fainaga did nothing apart from sing the national anthem)
    McCabe and Faingaa didn't get much of an option from Cooper... However both their defense was solid... Beale didn't inject himself into the backline enough neither did JOC which made it easy to defend against. I suspect they were both concerned about the good irish field kickers... Poor direction by Genia and Cooper lost this match for the Wallabies along with missing Moore & Pocock who have both been a standouts

McCallaman isn't questionable at this level why we playing Higginbotham as replacement of Pocock... I don't think the Wallabies held the ball

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOBSRFC View Post
    We in the Southern Hemisphere have to wake up to the fact that scrums are part of the game of rugby!
    Over the last ten years or so the amount of tinkering around with the game to make it quicker and more spectator friendly has diluted the scrum to an almost Rugby League level scrum. As soon as we come up against a decent scrummaging team we are in trouble.
    Deans totaly underestimated Ireland but he hasnt got a lot to choose from in Au rugby at the moment.
    Lets bring the Scrum back as the battle ground its supposed to be!
    After yesterdays performance I doubt we will make it past the QF stage.
    When our engagement is good and we are effective at the hit, we are competitive, but then we just stop pushing! 6, 7 and 8 stick their heads up looking for the ball to be cleared, but European teams just hold the ball at the back AND THEY KEEP THEIR BUMS DOWN AND GO FOR ANOTHER SHOVE. Then we either pop up in the front row, collapse the scrum, or retreat at a rate of knots!!

We have to understand that the scrum is not used as a restart (as we would have it used) but as an opportunity to dominate, take up time and milk penalties. We have a huge and strapping back 5 in the scrum - they need to keep pushing!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast