Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NIB Stadium

vCash
    I wouldn't change my seat either...I have the walkway right behind, so when I get really excxited I don't harm anyone or myself, and if I get a coronary the first aiders are there to lend a hand.. Good Thinking WF!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    All I can say is, if that is really what we are getting, then what a bunch of useless pricks!

My understanding was that they were supposed to be upgrading the players facilities from the disgrace that they currently have, as well as adding some much needed corporate boxes to replace those embarrassing scaffold boxes. But looking at that render, I'm seeing nothing of the sort. All it seems to be is a frame steel stand, with a long climb to the top and fewer bays to give a longer hike past knees to your seat.

$82M for that and some upgraded food caravans - someone saw them coming big time. Look what the Gold Coast got proportionately...http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=31

vCash

The Stadium

I am grateful for what ever we get but I just cant work out were our $$$$ goes ... Qld get a new team and then they get a Stadium straightaway ..... Thats 2 new or revamped Stadiums there in past 5 yrs

I even look at Skilled Stadium seats 27000 odd cost 250 million with a new train station why couldnt we have somthing like that...

Its is embrassing loooking at the Stadiums Australia site and compare WA to the rest of the country how many Stadiums everyone else has.... The quaility and he seating capacity we are way behind....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    As Brian o'Driscoll once said "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad".

So in similar vein, why don't we all stop f*&@ing whinging that the stadium that will be built is not what we indvidually think is what is required (our individual "knowledge" - allegedly) and accept that plans are in place to provide something that will be a damn site better than what we currently have in Perth (ie try a bit of "wisdom"). Support of the planned development is going to be a lot more productive than incessant carping criticism.
    Why accept mediocrity?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    It is better than "most" grounds in Australia or New Zealand for being close to the action IMHO. Would not trade my "second from the very back row in the scaff stand" for ANY seat at Subi.
    Oh shit yeah. There's no WAY I'd give up my third row 'get a response when you shout stuff at the players' seat for anything in Australia. However it's important for the future of the game that the stadium adequately showcases the product, to do that you need to look after the players and the corporates, who won't put up with substandard facilities for long. Corporates might have great team loyalty, but their clients generally don't and that's why they buy a box. As for players....well we won't keep too many superstars if the ground facilities are substandard, as they'll feel a lot more looked after at suncorp.

C'mon the

vCash
    No doubt about it, NIB is a big improvement on Subi as far as seat position close to the action is. If my current seat was put into Subiaco, I would be on the oval! It looks impressive on TV too, but that's about where it all ends. The rest of the facilities for player and spectator alike have to be brought up to scratch pretty smartly. With the season now going well into winter, I can see my wet weather gear getting a workout. There is also nowhere for members to gather after the game for a beverage and a post mortem. Without whinging too much, I wish they would HTFU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2