Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ripia resigns from Force

vCash
    Let's get Mat Henjak back into the fold. That way we can have a guaranteed debacle in the next pre-season as well ..............

Perhaps we caould sign Gavin Henson at centre. He and Henjak get on like a house on fire ............

Does anyone remember a pre-season when there wasn't some shite happening just a few weeks from the start of the season ??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    Does anyone remember a pre-season when there wasn't some shite happening just a few weeks from the start of the season ??
    Nope
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Maybe we should look outside the box for a replacement 10. Can any one remember a good 10 from the RWC from one of the mino nations or teir 2 nation thats would be a good get? Something to think about maybe?
    We can't do that. The player we get can't be capped.

This isn't such a bad thing. Let's face it- we all wanted Stannard to start at 10. Let Ben Seymour be the back up 10 and Kyle Godwin after him. Seymour doesn't have that much experience but are we actually going to get someone who is good with experience that the ARU will approve? I doubt it. Our big problem is that if Sheehan goes down we have Turner to start at 9 and who on the bench to replace him?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    We all know what Stannard can do. Until he joined the Force I had not heard of Ben Seymour, anyone got some info as it appears he is going to feature substantially

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Tony Brown

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think he will be 22 this year. Plays for Manly in the Shute Shield. Was starting 10 for much of the 2011 Shute Shield. I think Mark Swanepoel played 10 the season before that.

Probably a good no frills option. Not so talented that he tries to do everything himself which is exactly what we don't need.

Having a quick look over the Japanese top league squads brings up an interesting option since that competition finished around March I think. Scott Daruda is playing for Kubota Spears.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    How many international imports are you able to sign 2 marque signings which are Nelaga and Willy but willy is also a development player??? are you able to have 2 imports from over seas? in that case what is stopping us from trying to get someone from overseas if the ARU will allow it that is.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    One OS capped and one OS with potential to play for Australia I believe GAFFA

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    We obviously didn't pay him enough to steal from his team mates!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dunno when an addiction comes into it that really matters to them (ie addictive personalities) MN5, if it is there it is not enough, always needing more.

Not defending him but trying to be rational in my own mind about it. Historically I would be very judgemental...must be getting old...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    jeez stealing from your team mates... thats a low act... best of without him. Stanards a good 10, Is chucky still a possible 9?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Stanards a good 10, Is chucky still a possible 9?
    He cant pass to himself Muddy
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    It's very common for people with addictions (whether it be drugs, alcohol or gambling) to steal from those closest to them.

The question I have is if he has a known gambling addiction should he have been allowed to play at this level? A few wrong move could easily cost a game, and if he is that desperate to steal from his team mates, who's to say he wouldn't be that desperate to bet against his own team?

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Yesterday we got "serious breach of team protocol" but no detail- which is the from the club statement and fair enough.

Today everyone is mentioning the stealing, but only half the media are mentioning the gambling. if you only read the article on Foxsports, you'd think he was just stealing for fun.. Not that the gambling issue makes it right, it just provides an explantion for the problem.

Update.....it appears someone is pointing out the journalistic error, as the stories all seem to be updated to include the gambling clause....

Last edited by WF2006; 11-01-12 at 11:21. Reason: Jounro's are finding their Conscious.

vCash
    Willie has a big problem by the sound of it. However I think that some consideration should be given to his mental state and well being at this point.

On another note I can hardly believe we ve lost our FH again just before the season. Chunky will do great I'm sure but what if he gets injured? Any thought to train sheps up to the FH role just in case? Then again talking of injuries...

Daruda was hard done by I think and could at least be a good back up at ten.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast