Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reds thrash Force 40-10 in Perth -SMH report

vCash
    In that prematch game i wasnt to impress with Pheonix he didnt seem to get to much work done, when Brent Murphy came on in the second half i though he played a much better hand interesting seeing the local boys pipped against some from the east.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Turner was inadequate, how much game time has he had since his injury/ies? Where's Mark Swanepol! Mafi's looking a lot more mature and enthusiastic, I liked it. Cameron was dissappointing.

MOM - Benny Mac, for getting a few swipes in at his Wallaby captain, and not being the man getting binned for it. Kudos!

Grubber kicks. Work out what they are. Work out how to stop it. Carn the Force
    Swanpoel joined crusaders after playing for canterbury in NPC, very unlucky for us to lose him but it would good on him able to get in to Crusaders

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Sheps was very rusty but the saddest bit of all was how ineffectual Pocock was as a captain... far too quiet and very little chat at any time. I know its his first game and he leads by example but please step it up and communicate strongly with the team and ref.

I think you're being abit hard on Pocock, at the end of the first half he was having a robust discussion with the Ref as the other players ran off. He can't have had any luck though as when he ran off he looked as mad as hell

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wqerti View Post
    Swanpoel joined crusaders after playing for canterbury in NPC, very unlucky for us to lose him but it would good on him able to get in to Crusaders
    He's not in the Crusdaers Super 15 squad this year when the full squads were announced, unless he has been substituted for and injured player already?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wqerti View Post
    Maybe I am but he has big boots to fill as captain and it was a great opportunity to stamp his mark on this role - I just did not think he did it and it may haev even detracted from his game. Lets hope that he grows into it .... quickly

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash

Thumbs up

I was disappointed too. But what short memories we seem to have. It's not that long since we were praising Chuck for his efforts in the 10 shirt. I thought he showed last year that he was up to it. Turner put in some great games for us as well. This was a trial and I wouldn't be surprised if the coach started him just to get some match time and confidence in his legs after such a long period of rehab.

The pack looked good last night. Toby Lynn did great in the lineout and was solid around the park. Does Maafu look a little leaner or was I imagining it?

Considering the players still to come into the side, I might pick up some overs at the TAB for the Brumbies match. The bookies around here are too Vstingey.

Kyle Godwin was unsighted. Guess he's still doing rehab?

Last edited by shasta; 17-02-12 at 13:21.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Look, I think we saw the worst of the force last night. I don't think they'll be that bad regularly. Some positives. JT played like a bloke who's great for coming on with 20 to go and everybody else on the field is knackered. Sheehan fixed a lot of that when he came on, so we'll not be flashy but we won't be that bad. Shep didn't do much but it wasn't his fault, the ball wasn't held long enough for it to get to the fullback. Alfi looked ok and he's the key to my solution. Give Alfi the start in 11, bring on Naps at 14 because Sam, whilst quick, just looked out of his depth. bring the honey badger into 13, we need the power play in the midfield. Play either Paddy, Rory or Gene at 12, whoever puts his hand up and shows that he can support chuck.......find a world class development flyhalf tonight and fly him over tomorrow, he mightn't start against the Brumbies, but he needs to be ready for the reds.

It should be fixable, but everything will go pear shaped very quickly if woody doesn't do something this week!

C'mon the

vCash
    I am certainly NOT an expert, but it was very noticeable that Horwell was reving his troups all the time particularly around the scrum..Bam Bam was quiet...he needs to be more of a presence...as for Hodge's yellow card..does anyone know what that was about...the ref only issued it late in the "conversation" with Hodge's and Bam Bam..almost an after thought..WT???
    SHOOOOT how disappointing...Sharpie gave us more entertainment than the woeful team playing on the paddock!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    I am certainly NOT an expert, but it was very noticeable that Horwell was reving his troups all the time particularly around the scrum..Bam Bam was quiet...he needs to be more of a presence...as for Hodge's yellow card..does anyone know what that was about...the ref only issued it late in the "conversation" with Hodge's and Bam Bam..almost an after thought..WT???
    SHOOOOT how disappointing...Sharpie gave us more entertainment than the woeful team playing on the paddock!!!
    Hodgo was yellow carded for Elbowing Horwell in the head...the reason for this action you ask...Horwell had Hodgo in a choker hold for a very long time atleast 3 phases so to break it hodgo wacked him around the head, and then the Touchie in all his wisdom said its was all Matts fault hence to yellow.

I didnt realise i went to a WWE wrestling match.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    uck.......find a world class development flyhalf tonight and fly him over tomorrow, he mightn't start against the Brumbies, but he needs to be ready for the reds.

It should be fixable, but everything will go pear shaped very quickly if woody doesn't do something this week!
    On the nails head...., without one we will be contesting the last few places, with one the mid table section.

PS: Stannard is a great number 9, and no I have not got a short memory, he was great against the Highlanders and Hurricanes as he was unknown and probaly underestimated by the opposition, he also played above himself as there was no pressure as he was not expected to be a stand out but rather a stand in, now we are making him the playmaker in the worlds toughest provincial comp, lets be real for a team with a struggling backline we need someone with the real goods.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Rookie
    vCash
    He is in "Wider training team". I think it translated into EWF A for us or academy?

http://www.crusaders.co.nz/profile/m...r-details.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    He's not in the Crusdaers Super 15 squad this year when the full squads were announced, unless he has been substituted for and injured player already?

Rookie
    vCash
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Look, I think we saw the worst of the force last night. I don't think they'll be that bad regularly. Some positives. JT played like a bloke who's great for coming on with 20 to go and everybody else on the field is knackered. Sheehan fixed a lot of that when he came on, so we'll not be flashy but we won't be that bad. Shep didn't do much but it wasn't his fault, the ball wasn't held long enough for it to get to the fullback. Alfi looked ok and he's the key to my solution. Give Alfi the start in 11, bring on Naps at 14 because Sam, whilst quick, just looked out of his depth. bring the honey badger into 13, we need the power play in the midfield. Play either Paddy, Rory or Gene at 12, whoever puts his hand up and shows that he can support chuck.......find a world class development flyhalf tonight and fly him over tomorrow, he mightn't start against the Brumbies, but he needs to be ready for the reds.

Rookie
    vCash
    I saw the incident, wasn't so clearly what happend, but hodgson tackled Horwill and somehow, Hodgson lie on top of horwill, then Hodgson scream in pain (I dont know why?) but then he elbowed 3 times directly to Horwill's head. So it was fair for him to get yellow

Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post

vCash
    Alfi was certainly very speedy but he did seem to fall over a lot and/or drop the ball.
    I think he needs to get rid of the bright orange boots.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    either these two practice games were the biggest con job that Graham has ever hatched,or we are in for a VERY long season

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast