Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jake White to Abandon Brumbies

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Jake White to Abandon Brumbies

3 weeks into the season and it looks like he's off to coach England

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Stealing Muddies thunder again

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Jake White, today advised Brumbies Rugby Chief Executive Andrew Fagan that he has been sounded out by the RFU (England) as a candidate for its vacant coaching role and has declared interest in exploring his options.

Despite speculation that Jake has already been interviewed and offered the position, he has assured Brumbies Rugby that is not the case. Jake has also provided assurances that regardless of the eventual decision made by the RFU, he will remain in Canberra with the Brumbies for the rest of the 2012 Super Rugby season.

Fagan was complimentary of Jake’s work over the last eight months and was aware of the possibilities a job like England Head Coach would present, particularly considering the next Rugby World Cup final will be played at Twickenham.

But the Brumbies boss was naturally disappointed with the disruption this sort of speculation causes, given Jake is contacted to the club until the end of the 2015 Super Rugby season.

“Obviously this is a terrific opportunity for Jake White, and one which reflects his status as one of the world’s leading coaches,” Fagan said.

“It also speaks volumes about the quality of the Rugby program that Jake is putting in place here at the Brumbies that he should be sounded out for this role.

“That said, Jake is in the first of a four year contract with the Brumbies, and there are many details that would need to be worked through should he be successful with his application.”

Brumbies Rugby and Jake White will not be providing any further comment at this time.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    So your new boss who is about to pay shiploads, say's no worries mate you stay in Canberra and look after those Brumbies and we'll just wait until your ready, I don't think so.

Can we have vbook on this??

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Brumbies or Poms .. well if you can't say something nice about a team then don't say anything at all...

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    I think Nick Mallett is the favourite to get the job

vCash
    Abandon ship!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    So your new boss who is about to pay shiploads, say's no worries mate you stay in Canberra and look after those Brumbies and we'll just wait until your ready, I don't think so.

Can we have vbook on this??
    Well Lancaster will cover England until the 6 Nations is finished and could potentially continue through the SH tests. White would come on board for the November tests. I'd have thought White would be preferred over Nick Mallett but I don't think either are inspired choices.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

Smile

I wonder is any one is trying to poach RG?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Living in Canberra for a few months will do that

He probably wants to neck himself

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    the long arm of Giteau reaches out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    the long arm of Giteau reaches out
    Le committee?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Man you guys are mighty hollow... If Jake Whites goes that will be disappointing but I can understand him being enticed by the international job of the next RWC home team and the cash they‘ll throw at their next coach...

He will be a measure of his word…

Last edited by mudskipper; 08-03-12 at 17:17.

vCash
    Brumbies rally behind coach White

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...308-1ulvb.html

Brumbies skipper Ben Mowen is rallying behind Jake White despite the coach's admission he might desert the ACT franchise at the end of the Super Rugby season in favour of leading England's national squad.

Mowen, who was left to announce the Brumbies' line-up against the Cheetahs on Saturday after a no-show by White, said he and his teammates had no reason to believe the South African coach was moving on.

"From my understanding, it's a bit of a sounding out to see what the general interest is," he said.

Advertisement: Story continues below
    "Jake can make the decisions for himself but, as far as I know, he's here for four years.

"That's where we're at - Jake's here and we'll see what eventuates."

White ended weeks of speculation on Thursday, telling the Brumbies that England's Rugby Football Union (RFU) had contacted him about the job and that he was keen.

He's guaranteed to see out the remainder of the 2012 season, although Mowen confessed White had not fronted the playing group to say as much.

"He certainly hasn't, (but) I wouldn't think he would need to talk to me about it," said the skipper, who also denied it was negatively impacting the players.

"We're so focused on getting the right result with the Cheetahs game that we're not really thinking anything outside of that."

Just three days ago, Brumbies boss Andrew Fagan was on the record as saying White was committed to the Brumbies, following heightening rumours linking him to the plum England position.

While Fagan said he was disappointed at the disruption, he said the head-hunting proved White's sought-after status as one of the best in the world.

"Obviously this is a terrific opportunity for Jake.

"It speaks volumes about the quality of the rugby program that Jake is putting in place here.

"That said, Jake is in the first of a four-year contract with the Brumbies, and there are many details that would need to be worked through should he be successful with his application."

England's RFU previously had hoped to pick their man in time for the national tour to South Africa in June but new chief Ian Ritchie recently said he's prepared to wait until September or October.

The 2012 Super Rugby season ends in July.

Despite the trouble White's departure could bring, the Brumbies were closing ranks around the 2007 World Cup-winning coach, with Fagan and backs coach Stephen Larkham both refusing to comment further on the drama.

Media were told to limit their questions to one - and to Mowen only - at the team announcement on Thursday, a directive that came from "the coaching staff".

White will also be absent from Friday's captain's run but is expected to front a media conference after the Cheetahs match at Canberra Stadium a day later.

vCash
    Team named to chase the Cheetahs

http://www.brumbies.com.au/News/Arti...3/Default.aspx

The University of Canberra Brumbies have named a strong team to take on the Cheetahs this weekend with just two changes from the side that beat the Force a fortnight ago.

Ben Hand comes into the starting side at lock in place of Leon Power while Pat McCabe will make his long-awaited return after post-World Cup shoulder surgery.

For Hand it is a shot at redemption having missed selection for the first match against the Force. The gifted line-out technician has played 42 games for the University of Canberra Brumbies and will be looking to string the next eight together to reach the 50 club.

“I’m excited to get back out there, watching from the sidelines last week wasn’t easy, you always want to be involved with the team,” Hand said.

“But the coaching staff have let me know that I’ll play plenty of rugby this year, starting on Saturday afternoon against the Cheetahs.

“The Cheetahs are a team that you can’t take lightly, we were probably guilty of that last year over there in Bloemfontein and the Waratahs were beaten soundly by them in Sydney too.

“They will be a much different team to the one that played the Bulls last weekend and we just have to be ready for a tough encounter.”

Another Ben looking forward to the match is Ben Alexander, who celebrates his 50th cap. The all time highest try-scorer for the University of Canberra Brumbies against the Cheetahs was hoping for a win to keep his side’s momentum going into week four of the competition.

“Clearly it’s an honour for me to make 50 caps and something I’ll look back on when I’m older with some satisfaction, but the focus for this week is doing a job on the Cheetahs and keeping the Brumbies at the top end of the table,” Alexander said.

“They proved last year that they are a dangerous side who can punish you from anywhere. Our defensive patterns need to be air tight and we are also aware that giving away a penalty from anywhere in our own half is as good as three points.

“We’ve had a good week training and everyone is feeling positive about the match so it’s up to us to keep the ball rolling.”

McCabe’s selection comes a week after he was picked to play Tonga A as part of the ACT XV side competing in the Pacific Rugby Cup. While heavy rain cancelled that fixture, Saturday’s match will provide McCabe a stack of opportunity to test his shoulder defending the wing.

McCabe’s elevation to the team comes at the expense of Robbie Coleman who misses this week with a groin injury. With Coleman missing at fullback, Jesse Mogg will play in No 15 with his wing being covered by McCabe.

The bench remains the same. In line for his Super Rugby debut is Zack Holmes, who has again found himself on the bench.

Saturday is Family Day at Canberra Stadium, with a 3.30pm kick-off time and various activities organised for children in the Precinct.

University of Canberra Brumbies
    1. Ben Alexander
    2. Stephen Moore
    3. Dan Palmer
    4. Ben Hand
    5. Sam Carter
    6. Peter Kimlin
    7. Ita Vaea
    8. Ben Mowen
    9. Nic White
    10. Matt Toomua
    11. Henry Speight
    12. Christian Lealiifano
    13. Andrew Smith
    14. Pat McCabe
    15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
    16. Anthony Hegarty
    17. Ruaidhri Murphy
    18. Scott Fardy
    19. Michael Hooper
    20. Ian Prior
    21. Zack Holmes
    22. Joe Tomane

University of Canberra Brumbies v Cheetahs
    Canberra Stadium, Bruce
    Kick-off: 3.30pm
    Referee: Keith Brown

• This is the eighth game between the University of Canberra Brumbies and the Cheetahs, with the home team holding a slight advantage at four wins to three. (Six games played since 2006)
    • But although the win-loss ratio is tight, the University of Canberra Brumbies have easily edged the Cheetahs in total points scored notching up an extra 96 over the seven-game history.
    • 2011 was the first time the Cheetahs have finished higher on the competition table and the second year the University of Canberra Brumbies posted a loss in Bloemfontein.
    • Earning his 50th Cap tonight is Ben Alexander, who is the University of Canberra Brumbies all-time highest try scorer against the Cheetahs with three
    • Always a good option for first try-scorer, he bagged a double last time this fixture was played at Canberra Stadium in 2012

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast