Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force team vs Chiefs

vCash
    what a game praise to the boys an all black back line and they really stood up and even took it to the chiefs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Truth: The Chiefs are the bogans of the Rugby world!
    You're not wrong. I was going to ask if Waikato is the Rockingham of New Zealand?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I don't have too many problems with that game. Sure we didn't score any tries, and were beaten by a better team on the night, but it was hardly a blowout and up until the last five minutes, I thought we were in with a shot.

From where I sat, ben looked ok, dave sucked with the boot cummins was (well not a revelation this week but) bloody fantastic. Sharpie, in fact all the forwards were good and holmes did ok for a bloke who just fell off a plane.

The great thing was, they held the ball really well, they kicked at good times, but when they kicked, most of it was crap.

bam ruled the breakdown, but I thought the ref was pretty slack about it. If he had of been tighter we would have given away more penalties but got a greater number back in return. They were a metre offside all night and we soaked up that, their diving all over the ball and a gate bigger than the ones on the stadium.

Not grumpy at all
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Well, that was tough

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Sad (but brutally honest) observation: The Force lack a genuine game breaker in the backs and have struggled all season to threaten with their back-line... This was again brought to the fore tonight.

I LOVE the Force but am constantly in angst when I watch them week after week..... We need an x-factor game-breaker in the back line...

vCash
    Htbd, we had one since 2007 (giteau and then judas) we never performed to our potential and never looked like a team. We have an awesome group of forwards and are beginning to build the trust in the backs....yes, we need a game breaker, but I reckon we might need to build one, just like we've built a backrow. After tonight, I might put some money on Ben Seymour. He has some stuff to learn, but for a young bloke, wasn't an embarrassment.

I was right about the Honey Badger being a 13, come on Woody, give Alfi a crack at 12!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    well put Gigs there is potential in the back line Warra was coming in and playing in the lione heaps the H Badger was every where thought he had his twinn on tonight as well If the lads are given some good guidance I think they could be and line up in the making ... I think Harvey has been directing traffic a bit and leading from the back if we come away with no injuries then the same team should line up again on black friday but the bench needs to come on and support ...
    Go and Have FAITH

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    If we deserve to be in with a finals shot, we have the Rebels, Waratahs and Brumbies yet to play at home. We also have the Lions at home which should be a winner. Our only finals hope would be to top the conference, which isn't totally unrealistic, but even a strong showing would be enough to help us to build towards better in 2013.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I thought we were lucky the chiefs bombed a few breaks and were playing well below expectation. Probably went into the game thinking they would score tries against the force without trying.
    The backline are looking more competent every week. Ball needs to come out of the rucks much quicker to help them out a bit.
    Chiefs were playing offside all night especially inside their own 22. If they werent standing fully behind the ruck, they were coming out of the line before the ball was out or entering the ruck from the side. Coaches need to use their runners to let Pocock know to get in the refs ear about those sort of things. Mowen did this in the queensland game and they finally were able to compete at the breakdown and claw their way back.
    To be honest i think the force did better then I expected. My fear was the Chiefs backline would run in half a dozen tries or so.

vCash
    Overall, a fair result, the Chiefs were the better team, margin could have been bigger if the Chief's hadn't left the ball skills at home, but the Force's endeavour across the team was pleasing. The big thing that bugged me was the penalty that led to the Chief's last penalty goal. Clear as dog's nuts that the ball was out the back of the ruck by a country mile. Blew the margin out and denied the Force a bonus point, which would have been a just result.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The airlines must have had a field day with all the Chiefs supporters flying over for the game....

Right?

vCash
    One would hope that they are Future Force fans but just don't know it yet Bro We were outcheered by them tonight

Apprentice
    vCash

Vs Chiefs

Well Chiefs are serious contenders and the Force were not too bad , a pity we only kicked points and we were not able to get a BP . Seriously missing the X factor in the backline - everyone tried hard and had flashes of a very good team with maybe 3 very good attacking lines run. I think Winston is out of his depth at this level as he is not able to crack that line.
    As with the Rebels last night they are coming together and look like a team that may develop into a group that is enjoying playing together and for each other with total trust in their supporting team mate.

Good Stuff Force.

Rugbywa must have been pleased with the sell out crowd.

Champion
    vCash
    Fantastic performance by the lads, an 80 minute effort that I was proud of and I can probably speak for majority of the force crowd for also.

But I want to ask the question.... Why are we always getting dodgy calls made against us, twice now.

1st, when sam WARA was penalized against julian Huxley for a charge down against the rebels when the game was in the balance, and then again 2night

2nd, in the 1st half, we dominated the scrums, twice the chiefs were penalized but we only received short arm free kicks. Then in the 2nd half when the chiefs don't bind we collapse and the chiefs win a full arm penalty. Cruden kick the goal, they go up by 2. Then the ball is clearly out of the ruck And maul pek cowan goes for a trot in open Field And then gets called back as the ball was not in play (bullsh1t) cruden steps up again and slots thru an easy 3 points straight in front, but 15 minutes before shennan knocks the ball on for the same thing the chiefs did right out in front, could of been 3 points to the force...

I know I'm whinging and you've heard it all before. But all I ask for is consistency. 2 teams and playing hard good rugby tonight, and in my eyes we were robbed of 6 points. Okay still wouldn't of won the game, but that's not the point... 2 point lost is what tonight should of been, instead of a gallant lost of 8 points, the eastern staters are going to wake up tomorrow with " force lost another " can her clarkey now bagging the ass out of the force"

But I'm loving the forces committment, play and rugby on good Friday.. Were haaarrrr

Oh yeah and all the chiefs supporters, or part time chief supports you can now put your tinkabell back on your kids tricycle now.. See you in 2 weeks time when you swap one nz jersey for the next... Soft cream puffs !!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    The airlines must have had a field day with all the Chiefs supporters flying over for the game....

Right?

Gerry, a little sarcasm there I hear mate ? I could count the amount of chiefs jersey on my hands, all the others were NZ supporters. Ihad a dozen around me. Asked them the question who they supporting, and I quote " normally the force, but cause NZ is in town I'm supporting them, where does he come from Auckland. And another " oh SBW is playing ill support them" so my response back was "so your supporting roosters next year" " who ? They the new team" ..... Enough said, spastics in the crowd.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast