Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Richard Grahams Leaves the Force

vCash
    What gets me is the timing of the announcement. Sure we're no finals contenders, but with eight games left it's got to have a destablising effect on team morale. For that reason alone, I agree we need to let RG go sooner than later but only IF we get a top draw replacement.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The report on ABC last night said he activated a clause in his contract to go early. After his statements yesterday I'm glad he's going. But it's raised some doubts about his signing In the first place. He was an assistant to Mitch with no head coaching at an elite level. Why would any board/CEO allow such a person a get out clause - unless it was available to both parties?
    Perhaps the conversation wen't something like "Boss, the Reds are offering me a coaching job but Link's still gonna be runnung the show"
    "Great. Activate your clause now. Or we will do it for you
    "
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    the clause was availlable to both parties

vCash
    I think it's a good thing that RG is going, but I think we still need him to hang around till the end of the season, getting rid of him now makes little sense, other than to appease p!ssed off supporters.

vCash
    I don't think it's so much as to appease angry supporters, it's more the affect it has on the players. In any business, once a boss announces they've landed another job, performance of his/her reports can drop, so often they're moved on immediately. I say keep him as long as it suits us - don't rush the new appointment, but if a top quality recruit is found and is available immediately, then move RG on asap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    I don't think it's so much as to appease angry supporters, it's more the affect it has on the players. In any business, once a boss announces they've landed another job, performance of his/her reports can drop, so often they're moved on immediately. I say keep him as long as it suits us - don't rush the new appointment, but if a top quality recruit is found and is available immediately, then move RG on asap.
    Yup I agree. If someone like Nick Mallet says yes today, then I'll go help Dick pack his bags myself.

vCash
    Does anyone else have a sinking feeling that we will end up with a nother second rate Australian coach be back to squar 1? Or is that just me?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Sinking feeling is something I have had all season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Does anyone else have a sinking feeling that we will end up with a nother second rate Australian coach be back to squar 1? Or is that just me?
    It wouldn't surprise me! Lets just hope Rugby WA take thier time and find the right person not the first person!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me! Lets just hope Rugby WA take thier time and find the right person not the first person!
    Couldn't agree more

Champion
    vCash
    Personally I think appointing a non WA - Australian as coach of the FORCE would be worse than appointing a total outsider. Mitchell did some good things in his time and wasn't bemoaning the lack of Rugby in this State. It seems Jake White has brought whole ACT in behind the Brumbies. I think Wayne Smith, Nick Mallett would be a better choice but my selection would be the most successful premier grade coach in recent WA history and former assistant to John Mitchell.

vCash
    It a shame that RG is leaving and not a great time to announce it, but it sounds like it was planned for a while, he chose the bye week to announce it so it wouldn't affect the team as much.
    RG is a great guy and I think it will be a shame to lose him. The Force haven't been great with him in charge, but let's face it, they haven't performed as well as they should have in any season. Maybe it's time to stop blaming the coaches and give the players more motivation and performance training. They need to start thinking on the field and stop kicking the ball away, as they're never going to win the game without the ball in hand.
    I hope RG stays till the end of the season and the players continue to suipport him for the sake of the fans. Hopefully they'll grit their teeth, get some more wins under their belt and look forward to a great season 2013.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    ........and reappointed to a position at Neddies a couple years ago by the incoming club president?

Maybe we should be grateful your name is not among the recruiting panel.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    It a shame that RG is leaving and not a great time to announce it, but it sounds like it was planned for a while, he chose the bye week to announce it so it wouldn't affect the team as much..
    According to some reports, Dave Pocock was told about 3 weeks ago. Which probably means that RG spoke to VR at least one week earlier. Which means that he would have been in discussion with the Reds for at least two weeks before that. Which takes us back to ..............

Week 2 in the present season.

"What shall we do with the ball boss ?"

"Oh, just kick it".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    Which takes us back to ..............

Week 2 in the present season.

"What shall we do with the ball boss ?"

"Oh, just kick it".
    By that logic he must have been talking to the QRU from about round 1 last season.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast