Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More turmoil at Western Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    As someone observed Genia is also off contract, we are a bit light for scrumhalves so if Cooper moved....

Frankly though, probably dreaming.
    Genia yes. Cooper no. I'd take Harris, though!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    As someone observed Genia is also off contract, we are a bit light for scrumhalves so if Cooper moved....

Frankly though, probably dreaming.

It's interesting to think what the appointment of RG may have on those Reds players who are coming off contract, it may actually work in our favour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    If last week's reports are correct then it was the board that decided that the players would determine whether RG stayed or was shown the door. The board showed itself to be weak, indecisive and totally lacking in any leadership qualities. This is not for the first time over the last several years but this time is perhaps the most obvious.
    I dunno, I work in leadership every day and don't seriously believe that consulting your staff before making a decision is a sign of weak leadership. I do it all the time on various issues, some of those issues I lead with a line like "I don't have a strong opinion either way, this is an appropriate time for you to make the decision" sometimes I lead with, "I'd like to hear your views before I decide the best way forward" other times it's "Here's where we're going, I'd like to know how you will effect that policy"

All of these approaches are examples of strong leadership and they all value the input of the stakeholders........importantly, they all look the same to the outside observer......how are we to know which approach the board is taking right now? the only way you could know is by being on the board and it's a sign of weak leadership if you are on the board and discussing the decision making mechanic publicly in a high pressure time such as this.

I say let the symphony play out, we're not going to have any effect on it by bleating about it now...the board know they will be judged by their results and not their intent....that judgement will be evident in memberships sold and will definitely come back to bite them on the bum if they're wrong! I just hope they can find the right coach this time around, because Mitch was a fuggin' genius in rugby terms, but difficult to get along with and truculent with the media, Woody was easygoing and a media darling by comparison, but results and tactics (in the overall balance) have shown him to be a bit of a rugby airhead, what we need is a coach that combines the best of both of those guys and adds a dash of can get along with the playing staff to it.

It's a pretty tall order, but the writing's on the wall right now, the memberships will crumble if they don't get this one right!

C'mon the

vCash
    All of these approaches are examples of strong leadership and they all value the input of the stakeholders........importantly, they all look the same to the outside observer......how are we to know which approach the board is taking right now
    maybe a little birdie ........

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I had no problem with RWA asking the players about RG, as it was one of those cases that could go either way. If everyone had a purely professional outlook, it probably wouldn't have mattered and he could have served out his time. But in a club atmosphere where the personal and professional are closely linked, there was always the potential for resentments or feelings of betrayal. So asking the team if they were prepared to play for him was entirely justified.

Bit more worried if the players now think that it gives them licence to stick their oar in on other issues though, such as who the next coach is going to be....

vCash
    All of these approaches are examples of strong leadership and they all value the input of the stakeholders........importantly, they all look the same to the outside observer......how are we to know which approach the board is taking right now
    maybe a little birdie ........

vCash
    Blackswan you are spot on there, we need a new CEO.

Senior Player
    vCash
    "I dunno, I work in leadership every day and don't seriously believe that consulting your staff before making a decision is a sign of weak leadership. I do it all the time on various issues, some of those issues I lead with a line like "I don't have a strong opinion either way, this is an appropriate time for you to make the decision" sometimes I lead with, "I'd like to hear your views before I decide the best way forward" other times it's "Here's where we're going, I'd like to know how you will effect that policy""

What a load of garbage - this is public servant speak. Why don't we manage by committee! This is why the country's in such a mess.

If you had any leadership skills you'd assess the situation and make a decision and live or die by it. Full stop.

If you're consoling yourselves blaming the former coach then that will make you feel good about life for about a week. then what are you going to do?

The decision for this year's been made. Move on.

Has anyone actually thought that the Force players may just not be good enough??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    "I dunno, I work in leadership every day and don't seriously believe that consulting your staff before making a decision is a sign of weak leadership. I do it all the time on various issues, some of those issues I lead with a line like "I don't have a strong opinion either way, this is an appropriate time for you to make the decision" sometimes I lead with, "I'd like to hear your views before I decide the best way forward" other times it's "Here's where we're going, I'd like to know how you will effect that policy""

What a load of garbage - this is public servant speak. Why don't we manage by committee! This is why the country's in such a mess.

If you had any leadership skills you'd assess the situation and make a decision and live or die by it. Full stop.

If you're consoling yourselves blaming the former coach then that will make you feel good about life for about a week. then what are you going to do?

The decision for this year's been made. Move on.

Has anyone actually thought that the Force players may just not be good enough??
    That's absolute bullshit....obviously written by one who has never had to lead in a professional environment. Wake up and smell the 21st century! Sure you can lead by ignoring your subordinates, but if you had read any part of my post you would have noticed that the only instance where the decision was left solely in the hands of the staff was when it didn't affect the organisation as a whole.

You might be a fan of draconian autocracy, but I find that staff are far more effective when they have some ownership of an organisation, rather than being indentured slaves. Certainly, when you have no confidence in the decisions you make, making them without consultation is easy, but before long you'll find you lose staff, and have swathes of people only paying lip service to your proclamations.......

Yours sincerely, a bloke who has only lost one staff member since taking up my current role........to a geographic relocation.

I think I'll give this one away, because I'm getting dangerously close to playing the man..... Sorry mods

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Rumour Monger has few qualms about playing the man Gigs

carry on

Rookie
    vCash
    Please correct me if i've misunderstood the situation.the players, including bam,know and want Phil Blake.Because they've actually said this,some of you out there are saying get someone else because they've overstepped the mark - get someone.... anyone else.A happy team is quite often a winning team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I can't wait to hear Rex's take on the players' choice.

I'll probably agree wit it though.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The players have a gut feel of a coaches ability, intelligence, people skills and vision.

If bam says Blake is the man, I'm happy to give him a crack. I know Blake got results with Manly in the Sydney rugby premiership.

I'd prefer Muggo or Axe Gilmeister to be defence coach though

Give Knuckles an SOS

There was a missing synergy with RG. It was clear that the players were playing to his ridiculous game plans and were confused about their roles.

A united team playing for each other and punching above their weight by having a massive crack can overcome huge obstacles.

Just get out there, snot everybody who runs at you and have a farking go............stop kicking the pill away.

If you turn up and have a go and play inspiring rugby, we'll turn up and cheer

Up front there oughta be a man in black
    You'll never see bright colours on my back......

Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black

Senior Player
    vCash
    Why do I have visions of Ricky Gervais and The Office when I read your tripe Gigs?

My own business (yes my own) turns over millions of $ each year and I've had no staff turnover in over 15 years. Previously managed a business with $200m turnover and 400 employees with a return on investment in excess of 10% after tax.

And your little government department? Stand around gossiping all day at the coffee machine and looking for the next opportunity to stab someone and go up a level?

Your world is not real.

Get a real job and people might take you seriously. The only place you would lead people is over a cliff.

Rugby WA has very experienced rugby and business people on the Board and the CEO is exactly the right man for the job.

Takes a cool and strategic head to steer a ship through turbulent waters not a bunch of peanuts who have never run a business.

The Force will get a good result out of this and will be a stronger organisation for it.

vCash

My own business (yes my own) turns over millions of $ each year and I've had no staff turnover in over 15 years.
    Crystal meth labs make good coin hey?

Drugs are certainly a profitable business........and your staff don't leave because they are all addicted.

Previously managed a business with $200m turnover and 400 employees with a return on investment in excess of 10% after tax.
    Before you were sacked?

Your world is not real.
    Perception is reality for everyone

Not everybody has your map of the universe

Rugby WA has very experienced rugby and business people on the Board and the CEO is exactly the right man for the job.
    Rugby WA is a mismanaged clusterf'ck

They packed us all into Spewbiaco and lost half their members in the first season because it was shite

Memebership is falling

Sponsorship is in decline

Fire Power........dead set

Recruitment has been appalling

People management has been amateurish........Mitchell committee scandal, JOC circus, RG circus.........it is an embarrassment for the organisation and this succession of scandals, inuendo, disharmony, coaches exiting amongst controversy will prevent quality players and coaches coming to the franchise.........it is now seen as a dead end move. Under Mitchell it was a "club of opportunity"

The local competition has not developed as a satisfactory pace. We should be producing local talent now

The junior development is disappointing despite thousands of very talented juniors

The organisation isn't capable of raising capital to provide the necessary infrastructure and development. They sit around on their sorry arses blaming the ARU for not doing enough instead of doing it themselves.

They lack vision............They should have planned to have a super stadium. They should have planned to have the best junior academy in Australia. They should have planned to have the best second tier team in the country. They should have wanted to be the franchise that every fringe player wanted to play for. They should have aimed to win super rugby titles instead of "building"......"building"

WA is the richest state in Australia. If you can't raise money here you either don't know how or are too farking lazy.

I fear that the current management is so useless that there may be no super rugby franchise in Perth in 5 years time. They are that incompetent and that bad.

The momentum that was built with a super rugby team in the west and J. Mitchells bold plan to develop rugby at all levels, is dwindling.

The Force are underperforming on the field. The Force are struggling to attract quality players and coaches. The last few seasons have tainted the organisation. From the outside, the organisation seems to be in decline. There has been disappointing and unsatisfactory development of the game in this state at all levels.

Crowds are down.

Local interest is dwindling

No vision, no action...............no result

There is no free to air rugby show in WA........locally produced. The Force have made no inroads into the local media. Advertising and promotion is sh1thouse. Marketing is sh1thouse.

I had a dream.............

vCash
    Amongst the doom a true leader could emerge

If Blake is the man, he will step up and go to the board and say.........."I have the skill, the vision and the raw talent to take this franchise to the top. I have the players backing. I can do this, give me the job......."

All this players tantrums behind the scenes is a sign that nobody is in charge and that there is no leadership.

If management does not think Blake is the man, they need to call a meeting and tell the players what is what and put an end to the crap now. They have a game on Saturday that the fans and sponsors expect them to win. Grow some balls and start concentrating on winning a rugby match on saturday instead of whining and moaning like school girls

It's worse than a soap opera.

Who's in charge of this operation?

It's a farking embarrasment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast