Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ABC Interview

vCash
    Sad to see our own media bag us and trying to play the doomsayers we get bagged enough from the Eastern States media, being a local production they could have taken it from a bit more positive angle.

I think all have forgotten we had no rugby here once upon a time, thanks to a bid and a rally stirred up bu two WA moms against all the odds we managed to get a Super franchise in Perth, while we have not made the finals in seven years, we have without the concessions given to a newer franchise survived and been competitive in a tough competition against teams from two very strong rugby nations, where rugby is the number one support.

We have and continue to do well besides all the obstacles and I like Jo and I am sure many more supporters will continue to be there come rain or shine for the Force.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ABC were trying to predict doom and gloom but as Vern Reid alluded, just making finals is not the sole measure of success.

How many other clubs in Super Rugby have never made finals?

Surely with both junior and senior numbers up,solid season memberships and a good financial footing must point to some success by the Force.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 28-04-12 at 12:20.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    bret Harris had two articles in the Australian today
    one claiming Genia is coming over next season & the other predicting the end for the Force!

vCash
    Since the Force started, how many Aussie teams have made the finals, contested the actual final and won the final? From the report, it would sound like the Aussie teams are always there and the Force are the only ones who don't make it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Sad to see our own media bag us and trying to play the doomsayers.
    That struck a chord with me. Mainly because I was listening a few years back when he and the ABC morning show presenter were bagging them out. I was so pissed I rang them. Would'nt have a bar of it. Claimed the WA media had always been positive re the Force, blah , blah, blah.
    If success is measured by finals contested I've got 2 words to say Fremantle & Dockers. Dead Set!!

P.S. Oh yeah - and NSW & Waratahs if we are talking wins.

Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Sad to see our own media bag us and trying to play the doomsayers we get bagged enough from the Eastern States media, being a local production they could have taken it from a bit more positive angle.

I think all have forgotten we had no rugby here once upon a time, thanks to a bid and a rally stirred up bu two WA moms against all the odds we managed to get a Super franchise in Perth, while we have not made the finals in seven years, we have without the concessions given to a newer franchise survived and been competitive in a tough competition against teams from two very strong rugby nations, where rugby is the number one support.

We have and continue to do well besides all the obstacles and I like Jo and I am sure many more supporters will continue to be there come rain or shine for the Force.
    Great post!!

vCash
    Have just done some research and since 2006, Tahs have made top 4 three times, competed in final once. Reds made top 4 once and won final, Brumbies haven't made top four.
    Maybe they should be looking at why all the Australian teams aren't being competitive at finals time rather than just the Force
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Maybe we should send feedback about that. To the Stateline producer. Clint Wheeldon will bin 'em.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    WA is where Australia is at for the coming decades

Huge population growth is expected

The plans for east Perth water front and development show the state government is switched on to making Perth a global city. There is good vision

It is a shame the Force management are letting the team slide and decay

Management is a huge problem for the Franchise

There is absolutely no reason the franchise should fail other than incompetent management

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    Have just done some research and since 2006, Tahs have made top 4 three times, competed in final once. Reds made top 4 once and won final, Brumbies haven't made top four.
    Maybe they should be looking at why all the Australian teams aren't being competitive at finals time rather than just the Force
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Waratahs to fold next year due to massive underperformance as a rugby powerhouse!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Ya done good, Hertryk!!!

Eley, come on. We don't want the facts to get in the way of a good media frenzy.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Interesting article - any exposure rugby can get over here is good exposure IMHO. You came across well in the interview hertryk - nice work!

Thanks for posting the link Blue and Black - appreciated.

vCash
    There was lots I said that obviously wasn't shown! Like we need more support from Govt re: Stadium! From a premier who openly admitted during half time at a match at NiB stadium "I know nothing about Rugby" what hope do we have? Also the Coach is just one cog in a complex wheel of a successful team, we desperately need continuity, passion and commitment from EVERYONE involved! I also said the management should do what they are paid to do!

Last edited by hertryk; 29-04-12 at 09:02.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2