Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wests Subiaco Triumph over Perth Bayswater

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Wests Subiaco Triumph over Perth Bayswater

Wests Subiaco has continued their good to start to the 2012 Pindan Premier Grade season by defeating Perth Bayswater 27-21 in a tight encounter at Rosalie Park on Saturday afternoon.

Perth Bayswater fought back in the dying minutes when Wests Subiaco found themselves down to 14 men and conceded a late try however they held on to record a hard-fought victory.

Wests Subiaco coach Wayne Gibson praised the efforts of the opposition and was pleased with his side’s determination.

“I thought our back row was particularly good today, they worked hard in and around the ruck and the midfield,” said Gibson.

“It was apparent today Perth Bayswater and Wests Subiaco are on a level playing field and I believe we were just lucky today with some decisions from the referee and it was obviously the difference in the game,” concluded Gibson.

The visitors almost started the match in emphatic style when Campbell Saunders sprinted towards the try line before being stopped by a strong Wests Subiaco defence in the opening minute of the game.

After some early pressure Wests Subiaco had the opportunity to put the first points on the board after the Perth Bayswater defence were caught offside but Teava TeRangi missed the penalty attempt. He made up for it seven minutes later when Perth Bayswater conceded another penalty and this time converted to give his side a 3-0 lead.

Two minutes after the re-start Perth Bayswater thought they had scored the first try of the match when Dylan Johnson crossed but the referee ruled he had fallen short of the line.

They weren’t disappointed for long after Ethan Carlisle’s pass from the five metre scrum eluded two Wests Subiaco backs and found winger Will Bjerrum who ran the ball over in the corner. Johnson successfully added the extras from a tight angle to give the visitors a 6-7 lead.

Perth Bayswater were playing the better football and their pressure paid dividends when Johnson converted two penalties in quick succession after the Wests Subiaco defence were punished for two offsides to make the score 6-13.

With just minutes remaining on the clock the home side got themselves back into the contest after Saula Fifita stepped his way past two defenders and found Pierre Roberts who crossed for his first try. TeRangi added the extras to tie the scores 13-13 into the half time break.

Ten minutes into the second half Wests Subiaco scored their second try of the match when a quick pass from the breakdown again found Roberts who muscled his way past three Perth Bayswater backs before diving over the try line. The conversion was missed and the hosts lead 18-13 with 30 minutes to play.

Perth Bayswater’s found themselves down to 14 men when Stanley was sin binned for playing the ball on his feet and from the resulting penalty TeRangi converted to further extend the lead to 21-13.

Wests Subiaco gave the hosts the opportunity to get back into the contest after Ant Usmar was penalised for not rolling away from the ruck and Johnson converted the penalty from close range to cut the hosts lead to five points with 18 minutes to play.

Perth Bayswater defence was punished for the same offence not long after and the resulting penalty goal put them within eight points.

With just 10 minutes to play Wests Subiaco’s Mike Tamihana opened the door for a Perth Bayswater comeback after he was sin binned for his second penalty in as many minutes after playing the ball off his feet.

Baysie took advantage of the extra man and with just five minutes left on the clock scored a try curtsey of Ash Murphy. Johnson had the opportunity to close the difference to one point however his conversion attempt fell just short.

Wests Subiaco secured victory courtesy of a contentious penalty as Murphy was deemed to have fallen to ground instead of staying on his feet. TeRangi converted the penalty from a tight angle to give the hosts a hard-fought 27-21 victory.

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvents...7/Default.aspx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Small note: Wayne Gibson is not the Wests Premier grade coach and was not even present on the day.
    Might help to know who you are actually talking to when you interview someone! The Wests Premier grade coaches are Steve Montgomery and Dwayne Grace - same as last season ...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    Small note: Wayne Gibson is not the Wests Premier grade coach and was not even present on the day.
    Might help to know who you are actually talking to when you interview someone! The Wests Premier grade coaches are Steve Montgomery and Dwayne Grace - same as last season ...
    And Pierre Roberts only played about 15mins at the end of the game, don't know how he scored those tries in the first half...

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    Apparently and from a very reliable source the coaches mentioned above are just figureheads, the man who does all the real coaching; game plans ;training drills etc is in actual fact the manager

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westie man View Post
    Apparently and from a very reliable source the coaches mentioned above are just figureheads, the man who does all the real coaching; game plans ;training drills etc is in actual fact the manager
    Haven't seen Gibbo for a while - I was concerned he had been heaved in some crazy coup. For the good of the club I hope he does have his hands on the levers at Wests for a good deal longer. There are a few there who hold VERY high opinions of their own abilities, and I did notice that when Wests lose, the coach is usually listed as Steve Montgomery, (watch your back Stevie).

vCash
    "Two minutes after the re-start Perth Bayswater thought they had scored the first try of the match when Dylan Johnson crossed but the referee ruled he had fallen short of the line."

Roodogs three times, Paly twice, now Baysie - there's those bloody blue lines again

Rookie
    vCash
    I understand that Gibbo was watching the Wanneroo vs Palmyra game at Kingsway and yet repeatedly quoted at a game some 20 kms away. Very impressive.

You wonder how much of these reports is manufactured and how much is real.

Was the journalist actually at the game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    I understand that Gibbo was watching the Wanneroo vs Palmyra game at Kingsway and yet repeatedly quoted at a game some 20 kms away. Very impressive.

You wonder how much of these reports is manufactured and how much is real.

Was the journalist actually at the game?
    I haven't seen the Gibbster at any of the Wests matches I have seen this season - da da dahhhhhh

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Haven't seen Gibbo for a while - I was concerned he had been heaved in some crazy coup. For the good of the club I hope he does have his hands on the levers at Wests for a good deal longer. There are a few there who hold VERY high opinions of their own abilities, and I did notice that when Wests lose, the coach is usually listed as Steve Montgomery, (watch your back Stevie).
    My comment should have been taken in the way it was intended[a wind up] but i would be interested in whom do you allude to RALTO in regards to having VERY high opinions of their own abilites.Everyone down at Wests are doing the absolute best that they can to ensure success both on and off the field .For someone that profess'es to know all the going's on at Wests you should be a bit more thorough in your comments but if you really truly want to get involved come down to training and lend a hand.But I bet you won't.

vCash
    My comment should have been taken in the way it was intended[a wind up] but i would be interested in whom do you allude to RALTO in regards to having VERY high opinions of their own abilites.Everyone down at Wests are doing the absolute best that they can to ensure success both on and off the field .For someone that profess'es to know all the going's on at Wests you should be a bit more thorough in your comments but if you really truly want to get involved come down to training and lend a hand.But I bet you won't.
    I am sorry, I am not the master of the single entendre, like mist in the vacuum chamber my comments swirl, and entice you, and always leave you hangin'. I will not be direct - maybe I to enjoy winding up the windee. Lend a hand - painting the double lines at Rosalie - I'm from the wrong Island you Oyster Bay chugging bro.

Apprentice
    vCash

westie man

Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    I am sorry, I am not the master of the single entendre, like mist in the vacuum chamber my comments swirl, and entice you, and always leave you hangin'. I will not be direct - maybe I to enjoy winding up the windee. Lend a hand - painting the double lines at Rosalie - I'm from the wrong Island you Oyster Bay chugging bro.
    Are you some kind of poet. and leave our double lines alone they save us bout 4 to 6 games a season.Oysters have also been scientifically proven to enhance one's sexual prowess; you should try them then you could pull yourself even more.

vCash
    Are you some kind of poet. and leave our double lines alone they save us bout 4 to 6 games a season.Oysters have also been scientifically proven to enhance one's sexual prowess; you should try them then you could pull yourself even more.
    "leave our double lines alone" ,....if you really truly want to get involved come down to training and lend a hand.But I bet you won't. "
    I like the exclusive touch, who says I don't enjoy the benefit of the double lines - as a Wests supporter?, and who says I'm not involved in training, playing. ??????? da da dahhhhhhh - Oyster Bay - wine? - didn't get it eh, maybe your a beer drinker, have you ever fall asleep whilst enjoying a beer?. Only winding you up of course.

vCash
    I'm liking where this is going. fascinating reading. Please continue

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I'm liking where this is going. fascinating reading. Please continue
    It's one of those Rolf Harris "what is it" pictures at this stage - I'm almost ready to unveil.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast