Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FORCE ON TRACK TO FILL HEAD COACH ROLE

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

FORCE ON TRACK TO FILL HEAD COACH ROLE

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Wednesday, 16 May 2012

RugbyWA is well advanced in its search for a Head Coach to replace Richard Graham who resigned the role last month.

In the period since this time strong interest from around the world has been received from prospective candidates and the club itself has also sought interest in the position from a few particular highly qualified senior coaches.

RugbyWA understands there will be continued media speculation around the Head Coach position but re-iterates its position that it will be finding the best possible candidate to fill the role. This process, which has already started, will continue over the next few weeks and the list of candidates has now been trimmed to a final list for interview.

“I can appreciate that there is great interest in our selection of a new Head Coach as it is a highly desirable role in world rugby” said Emirates Western Force CEO Vern Reid.

“However, we will continue the process of assessment and take the necessary amount of time to choose the best possible coach for our club.

“The Board has confidence that its initial decision to appoint Phil Blake as interim senior coach with input from Nick Stiles and Andrew Scotney together with leadership roles for Captain David Pocock and Emirates Western Force legend Nathan Sharpe, is the right one to see out the season as the coaching group until a decision is made on the head coaching position for 2013,” said Reid.

Although the list has been trimmed, as late as last Friday another highly credentialed coach threw his hat into the ring and there may still be others who put up their hands for consideration.

In this constantly changing environment the Club will continue to speak to appropriate candidates across the board and move forward in a timely manner to make the correct decision for this vital role for the next stage of the Club’s development.

In parallel with this process the ongoing recruitment of players is taking place and it is anticipated that a series of announcements will occur between now and the end of the season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    In parallel with this process the ongoing recruitment of players is taking place and it is anticipated that a series of announcements will occur between now and the end of the season.
    Yes and presumably the other franchises will be doing the same. They'll likely retain players who may have come here if they knew what the coaching outcome was going to be. It's unfortunate but I still prefer to see a proper process. That may be where a mistake was made with Graham, even if it was a planned hand-over under ARU pressure, as some of the conspiracy theorists have hinted . 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing. No shortage of it around here.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No conspiracy on the ARU pressure to employ RG - FACT.

:-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ... even if it was a planned hand-over under ARU pressure, as some of the conspiracy theorists have hinted ...
    I can remember at the time that ARU parachuted him into the assistant role, and thought likewise for the change up? There certainly was not any process (like there APPEARS to be this time around), Mitchell is gone and he takes over voila! which I was not happy with at all, not because I had anything against him, but thought a professional organisation at the higher level should automatically have said process and never appoint off the cuff from within.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I can remember at the time that ARU parachuted him into the assistant role, and thought likewise for the change up? There certainly was not any process (like there APPEARS to be this time around), Mitchell is gone and he takes over voila! which I was not happy with at all, not because I had anything against him, but thought a professional organisation at the higher level should automatically have said process and never appoint off the cuff from within.

Think I let loose with a wonderful rant about this at the time (apparent lack of process) so while I would like to see a new coach appointed sooner rather than later I am happy for them to take the time to make the right decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

Shit that's bad. It will be really bad if it turns out the moves at the Reds are just bit of a deck chair shuffle for a similar hand-over at the Reds, then parachute Link into the Wallabies job. Despite all the denials. The cliche of a fish rotting from the head comes to mind. Independent governance can't come soon enough for Aus Rugby.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Former irish coach eddie o'sulllivan, the latest to throw his hat in to the ring!!!....
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Neil Back a possibilty....Would be ideal for Pocock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    Neil Back a possibilty....Would be ideal for Pocock
    Now there is thought.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    How's about Eddie O'Sullivan? Seems to have a good track record apart from 2007 World Cup but you can't know being involved in wot 4 World Cups for experience!! He did a great job with USA in the world cup as well!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

It's one thing for the ARU to lean on us for an appointment, whats worrying is that we didn't push back.

vCash
    Don't know if Eddie would venture back to J B's after getting his shirt autographed last visit. A great night had by all

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Don't know if Eddie would venture back to J B's after getting his shirt autographed last visit. A great night had by all
    What a classic from The Superbarmaid, had her Ireland jumper autographed by Eddie then she proceed to sign his "special edition" Argie (I think it was an Argie shirt) and then made a mistake and scribbled it out

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Rookie
    vCash
    so,as I see it the 4 main contenders for the coaching job is someone who's just been sacked by SF,one who coached Sydney uni.,a kiwi whose also looking at going home to coach the blues and someone whose coached Ireland to 3 6 nations titles,taken them to 2 world cups and also taken the USA to 2 others.Ummmmmm;I don't understand what the problem of selection is;could someone please help me out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onions View Post
    so,as I see it the 4 main contenders for the coaching job is someone who's just been sacked by SF,one who coached Sydney uni.,a kiwi whose also looking at going home to coach the blues and someone whose coached Ireland to 3 6 nations titles,taken them to 2 world cups and also taken the USA to 2 others.Ummmmmm;I don't understand what the problem of selection is;could someone please help me out?
    Yep, easy "Rugby WA"

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast