Thread: 50 Caps for The Honeybadger

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

50 Caps for The Honeybadger

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Tuesday, 22 May 2012

50 CAPS FOR CUMMINS

After a week on the sidelines with a quadriceps injury Nick Cummins has returned to training this week and is ready to fight his way back into the side to take on the Lions in his 50th Super Rugby cap this Saturday night at nib Stadium.

24 year old Cummins made his debut for the Western Australian side in 2008 and has been a consistent performer for the club ever since with his hard running and evasive skills on the wing and at outside centre.

He joins an elite list of players to have played 50 games for the club and becomes just the eighth player to do so; an honour he is proud to have achieved.

“50 caps has been a goal of mine since I first started with the Emirates Western Force in 2008 so it’s a big achievement for me and I’m really excited about playing this weekend and putting in my best effort,” said Cummins.

“It’ll be a great experience to lead the team out especially in front of the home crowd. The ‘sea of blue’ is fantastic so I’m really glad I could reach this milestone and share it with them.

“I consider myself to be a loyal person so it’s great to get the 50 games with the one club.

“I’ve really like it here in Perth and it’s where I’d like to finish my career.

“Lifestyle is crucial for me; it’s all about balance and if you put too much of your energy into rugby you can end up burning yourself out so I think it’s important to diversify and I think Perth is a great place to do that with the great lifestyle and a really good bunch of blokes at the Force.”

Cummins debuted in round one of the 2008 season against the Sharks and considers it one of his greatest memories of the last 50 games.

“I remember being really nervous before we ran out and I was standing next to Scott Staniforth and the only thing that came to my mind was the quote “shadows and dust” from Gladiator,” Cummins remembers.

“I turned and said that to Scott and he patted me on the back and said “you’ll be right mate” and we went out there and I think I got player’s player that game so it was awesome.”

Emirates Western Force Defence and Skills Coach Phil Blake said it was something Cummins should be proud of and praised his efforts over the five years he had been with the club.

“Whenever you play 50 Super Rugby games, let alone for one franchise, it’s a great achievement and something the organisation is proud of so we look forward to him playing out there this week against the Lions,” Blake said.

“His game has evolved since I’ve been here the last 18 months and his great attribute is his ability to run directly at the line, breaking that first tackle and getting us over the advantage line which gets us fast ball.”

Nick Cummins
    Height: 189cm
    Weight: 99kg
    DOB: 05/10/1987
    Club: University (WA) / Southern Districts (NSW)
    FxPro Super Rugby Caps: 49
    FxPro Super Rugby Points: 35 (7t)
    FxPro Super Rugby Debut: 2008 – Rd1 v Sharks, Durban

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Well done Honeybadger aka the Cullet!

vCash
    Well done Nick, it is always good to see you take the field.

vCash
    He is the second love of my life after "you know who"

I love that word "loyal" :-)) On ya Nick :-)))

vCash
    Fast becoming my favourite player. Great effort Nick, and I hope you do end up as a one team player, and have some success as well. 13 for the Wallabies in the Scotland test!!

vCash
    Well Done Nick...a great guy...I too was impressed with the word "loyal"...If you play your cards right Nick we will have another dance at the the end of year awards..

vCash
    On ya honey badger - you always give 100% and we luv you for it!

vCash
    Your great to watch even on a bad day you seem to work harder than most. Keep up the great work and you will be joining the Legends sooner rather than later.

May the FORCE be with you!