Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weekend results

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ella10 View Post
    Pierre was one of the blokes that turned the opportunity to play Perth Gold down. He is a great talent although he played limited time at top pro level - Agen looked at signing him but ended up not doing it as I understand from a couple of French mates. a Force A gig would be fair but then again players have to realise they have to crawl before they can walk and thats why the Gold program is in place.

Hansie - what a great idea to drop players if they are not prepared to play state rugby. If a premier grade player don't aspire to play higher level he shouldn't be there in most cases. If the opportunity is given to any Sydney or Brisbane bloke they would take it.

I do think we should start focussing a lot more on skill level and forget about matching the SAFFA and Kiwi packs in size. The game here is great when you see teams moving the point of contact and throw the ball around. Wests is a good example of this.

There's some great talent in Perth and I too don't understand why our guys are not given more opportunity.

Ecky - you must have been under the bottle if you think the Wanneroo Cott game was entertaining. Wanneroo certainly threw that away but it was a very scrappy affair. I was sitting with Hodgo and we both thought that it was one of the worse games seen in the comp for a while. This was obviously judged on this particular games as I have seen much better games played in previous rounds!! It does however seem like the comp has dropped a couple of levels to where it was in the past. It would be great to see our pro players and fringe pro's playing more footy in Perth as it will certainly lift the standard - It's is great to see how many of the kids we coached in rep programs are coming through to play Premier grade footy now
    Ella 10- while club rugby is amateur, not all players wish to play at state/rep level- called personal choice! Think you are a little harsh on standard of club rugby- don't join the Sydneycentric ranks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Reds81 - I am the biggest critic of the Union not giving our locoal boys more opportunity and believe me when I say we do have tremendous talent in Perth. As life our rugby in Perth cycles through generational changes. You will find throughout Premier grade teams this they have a number of young players entering the senior ranks which is great for our game in Perth. Naturally these boys have not played the same amount of senior footy than players a few year back and that reflects in the standard of rugby. As the season progress we will obviouisly see better rugby being played but I do think that next year and perhaps the year after - (if we keep our boys in Perth) the competition will be a few levels higher. When the Force first came to Perth you had a lot opf overseas player coming here to have a go. Some of these players just missed out on NPC etc. Now that they have been around for 5 or 6 years they retire and thus the reason for a bigger influx of younger players.

Westie man - Pierre Roberts played in France as everyone knows - I spoke to his old man myself and he was unsure at that stage whether Pierre was going to get contracted or not. Therefor he wasn't in the intitial squad. The main reason for the Perth v Kiwi game was to establish who was new and and who is on form that we might have missed. After that game all players apart from Pierre excepted the opportunity to play Gold and made a big diffirence to our group.

In relation to tour - You probably wouldn't comment on this if you had any idea of the financial situation for community rugby at the Union. It's not the coaches organising tours - and if we were expected to we would gladly do that. But to expect p[layers to pay $1500 to tour over east and that they have to pay it made it more sensible for us to organise top eastern states teams to visit Perth

vCash
    Dylan Timu for PG Hampshire 2012

Champion
    vCash
    We will always remain fractured and without success as long as we have divided loyalties.

Whilst money does play a big part, it provides little return if the culture of loyalty to your team, club, State, S15 Franchise and Nation means nothing to you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    jt - In chatting to Smithy when Chiefs were in town, he had one big criticism of Aussie franchises: Too much focus on bulk and size to the detriment of ignoring supperior skills.
    Depending on reader ages, you may remember this little bloke

Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in) Weight 85 kg (13 st 5 lb)

The game's changed a lot since the 70s/80s but he proves your point Hansie that bulk doesn't maketh the player - skills set rules.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

vCash
    "who are these so called coaches that have been entrusted with rep duties,what are there credentials/why is there not a meaningful Perth Gold tour organised interstate/3 games played at Mcgillvray to play Uni and Soaks private schoolboy posers under the guise of an academy doesn't constitute a tour.

You mean put everyone from Aranmore in, and put our least successful, but consistently failed, U18 state coach in there as well. "Who are these coaches" - you must be joking - you named one of them in your first paragraph. Again with the working class hero stuff - you guys aren't too bad at Wests when it comes to being a tad parochial.

"Besides all that why would you go to rep training 5 days a week for 6 months to get pumped by a bunch of bro's who got thrown together for 2 minutes."

Says it all really, if they can do that, then you ain't much good.
    Back to the Speights mate.

Apprentice
    vCash

Westie Man

[QUOTE=Ralto;317542]" - you guys aren't too bad at Wests when it comes to being a tad parochial.

So what if I'm being a tad parochial .So what If I'm trying to push a players barrow.So what If I get a few facts wrong now and then. So what If I scream support for Wests from the sideline.So what If I wear my heart on my sleeve and do whatever it takes for Wests to move forward.I woulda thought every clubman worth his salt would display the above mentioned attributes every week. Ralto for someone that slinks around in the shadows and then subtley hints in previous posts that he supports Wests you have a pretty fucked way of showing it .

PS please excuse vulgarities thats my working class background rearing it's head

vCash
    Dylan Parsons must have been a frontrunner for PG Hampshire before he got injured

Champion
    vCash
    Westie Man = one of the few that openly display Loyalty.

We need more of you mate.

vCash
    [quote=westie man;317571]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    " - you guys aren't too bad at Wests when it comes to being a tad parochial.

Ralto for someone that slinks around in the shadows and then subtley hints in previous posts that he supports Wests you have a pretty fucked way of showing it .

PS please excuse vulgarities thats my working class background rearing it's head
    No I don't think sitting in a chair with a piece of paper in my hand and screaming abuse at referees is supporting Wests. Being parochial is a form of blindness, you don't see the failings that need to be addressed, it's like another 'ism - Nepotism. Clubman - no you're just another petty politician, and whiteanter to boot.

vCash
    [QUOTE=jt12;317095]I agree with you Hansie, Pierre should go straight past the Gold and Force A teams and into the Force. I think he's the best player in the premier grade at present - phenomenal talent and work ethic second to none;like Brocky before him they should have picked him up early. he would be sensastional at that level.

I would have thought that playing in Perth Gold would be a chance for him to deal with the fact that there are some doubts somewhere - rightly or wrongly. He should have taken it as another trial to prove himself. He got the hump at not being selected, so the coach did a "Mother Duck" and got him in, then he decided he didn't want to - that could show a couple of things.
    One he's listening to his own press, and he's got a big head, or:
    Someone doesn't like him, and he's not going to get there because of that.
    If he's all that someone will call for him, and the Force will lose another player.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Rugby wa do not like Pierre Roberts. Fact.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon91 View Post
    Rugby wa do not like Pierre Roberts. Fact.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    am you know this how?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Apprentice
    vCash
    [quote=Ralto;317593]
    Quote Originally Posted by westie man View Post

No I don't think sitting in a chair with a piece of paper in my hand and screaming abuse at referees is supporting Wests. Being parochial is a form of blindness, you don't see the failings that need to be addressed, it's like another 'ism - Nepotism. Clubman - no you're just another petty politician, and whiteanter to boot.
    Something else causes blindness also.Hows your eyesight and explain whiteanter

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    [quote=westie man;317601]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post

Something else causes blindness also.Hows your eyesight
    Diabetes

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast