Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Our home grown talent - 'Who's looking the goods in U16's?'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I'm assuming that was tongue in cheek???

Hasn't Joondalup been granted Premier status for 2014?

One would hope these two lad's well return north and be foundation Premier players taking with them the two years experience gained at UWA 18's (as they are only year 11's) and lead from the front in 2014 for Joondalup.

But, thats if they havn't gone walkabout into the Toyota Cup under 20's buy then - there will be offers from over east for these two boy's thats 100% guaranteed and probably already happened. They both dominated in the National u15's RL for WA and I think made the Kangaroos merit team (paper team)

Probably better for them in the long run to go walkabout then back to Union or the other option - stay in WA and lift weights and run round in circles during the Off Season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Well when a 12 year old kid is told that if he wants to play rugby for aronmore then he has to leave the club he has played for since 6 the club his dad played for and go to west they I have a problem with that . So yeah you seem to claim that wests is so great but they are just as bad as all the other clubs
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Several years ago Wests not only pouch via Aramore but sent the entire Southern Lions u16/17 Premiership winning team Wests Academy Letters and all the promises under the sun to go to their club the following season, including monetary promises.

The majority of lads went to Wests the following season setting back the development of the Lions young seniors a few years.

This took place 5 or so years ago and was a once in 5yr team even 10yr team; a bloody disgrace WESTS - being so Overt and arrogant with your letters was clearly not in the spirit of the GAME in Western Australia. One or two guns, YES but no 85% of the squad; your promise of playing Prem's only eventuated for a couple of the boy's as it turned out.

Last edited by Pacman; 16-06-12 at 06:54.

Apprentice
    vCash

Westie Man

Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Well when a 12 year old kid is told that if he wants to play rugby for aronmore then he has to leave the club he has played for since 6 the club his dad played for and go to west they I have a problem with that . So yeah you seem to claim that wests is so great but they are just as bad as all the other clubs
    Posted via Mobile Device
    And

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westie man View Post
    And
    A man of many words nice work westie
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash

Westie Man

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Wests not only pouch via Aramore but sent the entire Southern Lions u16/17 Premiership winning team Wests Academy Letters and all the promises under the sun to go to their club the following season, including monetary promises.

Most majority of lads went to Wests the following season sitting back the Lions seniors by development years.

This took place 5 or so years ago and was a once in 5yr team even 10yr team; a bloody disgrace WESTS - being so Overt and arrogant with your letters was clearly not in the spirit of the GAME in Western Australia. One or two guns, YES but no 85% of the squad; your promise of playing Prem's only eventuated for a couple of the boy's as it turned out.
    That would have to be the biggest load of bullshit I've heard in years.Name one player from Southern Lions who played 1st grade at wests in the last 20 years .I do recall a few 3rd graders from down that way who were disillusioned turning up and the highest they played was 3rd's so for you to have any credibility names please

Rookie
    vCash
    The Aranmore issue was the most divisive issue faced by Junior Rugby in Perth. Many junior clubs lost the pathways they had worked hard to create. Loyal club families, coaches , volunteers and life members were torn from their clubs of choice. Southern Liones were raped by a coach who moved to Wests and poached the bulk of a great team they had created. check the minutes of WAJRU council of club meetings and you will see the angst it causes.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Pacman;317666]Wests not only pouch via Aramore but sent the entire Southern Lions u16/17 Premiership winning team Wests Academy Letters and all the promises under the sun to go to their club the following season, including monetary promises.

Most majority of lads went to Wests the following season sitting back the Lions seniors by development years.

A Ha - thanks for that come on Westie Man ??????????? what's the deal my cleaner than clean ol' buddy. I'm going to the fridge for a Speights and wait on your excuse - explanation.

Rookie
    vCash
    The Wests coach who did the deed was Gus Bradley and one of the Southern Lions lads poached was Lorenzo de Villiers, a current Wests Premier / Seconds player.

As the legend has it, Gus actually attended a Southern Lions training session and handed out the letters inviting the boys to jump ship and join the Wests "Academy". Pretty gutsy initiative and seen as one of the most infamous poaching manoevres in recent WA rugby history.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Pacman;317664]Hasn't Joondalup been granted Premier status for 2014?

Don't start them off again Pacman - have a look where they are with their Premier team (3rd Grade Black - fulltime coach - on a very GOOD wicket, and they're 5th. A few seasons ago they were told by Rugby WA too focus on a few years at the top with two 3rd grade teams, and two 4th grade teams - then we'll talk. Following this to tee, Joondalup entered a third grade team, 2 fourth grade teams and a fifth grade team. Curtin has quietly moved ahead of Mandurah in the race ofr this spot - if it really is available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    The Wests coach who did the deed was Gus Bradley and one of the Southern Lions lads poached was Lorenzo de Villiers, a current Wests Premier / Seconds player.

As the legend has it, Gus actually attended a Southern Lions training session and handed out the letters inviting the boys to jump ship and join the Wests "Academy". Pretty gutsy initiative and seen as one of the most infamous poaching manoevres in recent WA rugby history.
    Just settling in my chair with the beer - you there Westie?

vCash
    [QUOTE=westie man;317671]That would have to be the biggest load of bullshit I've heard in years.Name one player from Southern Lions who played 1st grade at wests in the last 20 years .

I love how you added it has to be a Lions player who played 1st grade for Wests - Why? - the statement was about poaching. Anyway Nathan Oakley sends his regards.

Player
    vCash
    This has again happened this year with the majority of the southern lions under 16 gold team from last year leaving southern lions to play for Palmyra under 18's this year.
    They Followed Grant Oakley their coach and his son Alex who was the State under 16 No 10 last year. Grant is coaching his other son in under 15's and as far as I know had nothing to do with all these players leaving. Nor did Palmyra but as what usually happens if the better player in the team moves the rest of the team follows, mainly hoping to continue on with the success that they had acheived together.
    Now Palmyra has far too many players for 1 team and Southern Lions are struggling to field a team. End result more players lost from the game.
    The only solution to all these player movement problems whether by poaching or other means is to make moving clubs harder. Make the player actually front the club he wants to leave to get a clearance signature prior to letting them join another club. This may make them have second thoughts but it also lets the original club have a chance at retaining the player. Hopefully this will keep all teams competative and more players involved in the game.
    Whereas today we have about 4 clubs with successful under 18's teams with far too many players and the other teams struggling to get a team on the field each week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westie man View Post
    That would have to be the biggest load of bullshit I've heard in years.Name one player from Southern Lions who played 1st grade at wests in the last 20 years .I do recall a few 3rd graders from down that way who were disillusioned turning up and the highest they played was 3rd's so for you to have any credibility names please
    Westie ole boy relaxing in the leafy suburbs of Subiaco – I tell you what, I really enjoyed watching Wests 1st grade side play in 2011, the speed, flare and skill displayed by the likes of, Teava TeRangi, Chance Peni, Heremaia Te Aute, Izaiah Mosese, Chance Antonievic-Bunce, Kane Koteka, Vaka Fonua, Saula Fifita, Pierre Roberts and Lorenzo De Villiers was something else. Wests must be very proud they identified and nurtured these guys through your lower grade junior ranks right through to your 1st grade premier side…….but - that would be the biggest load of bullshit we’ve all heard in years correct? At best they played u16’s at Wests (finished 2nd to the Roodogs in 2010 final) after obtaining scholarships at Aramore CC moving up there from the southern suburbs and the likes. I know Thornlie SHS lost a few to ACC – what’s going to happen to Wests when ACC finalize their Rugby Scholarship Program as it’s not financially viable to continue with it?

Going back to the quality of last year; I practically enjoyed watching Izaiah Mosese score 4 tries against Rockingham last year for West and now he’s been elevated to a EPS contract with the Rebels, way to go Wests.

Ones thinks though, why didn’t he stay in WA? He would have got a crack eventually with the Force but needed to show patients, I guess he was a product of his environment and jumped at the next best deal offered. Who’s to blame here, not the KID!! How about Wests with their backdoor poaching and lack of emphasis on junior development, but in their eye’s that’s why the Southern Lions exist, to feed their seniors…… or RWA for not assisting the clubs to re-enforce club loyalty???

Oh - I forgot, Wests current level 1 Academy player Bradley Lacey - Representative Honours: State 15s, WA Schoolboys Div. 1 and PERTH GOLD – A Southern Lions Junior through and through.

Judging by the old saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you," he's practically invulnerable.

Apprentice
    vCash

Westie Man

If Gus Bradley did what he is accused of he shoulda been kicked outta rugby end of story that is the first I've heard it, well the way it's been described anyway.If he offered scholarships and monetary gain to another clubs juniors he did so without Wests knowledge and that I swear is the truth.No doubt people are gonna now jump up and down and say bulllshit wests knew all about it well If they did It was kept bloody quiet. Maybe I don't have my finger on the pulse as much as I think I do.We can't be tarred with a brush through other peoples actions that occured yrs ago FOOTNOTE Hamersly is not a leafy suburb it is working class mortgage belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

As for the 2 boys mentioned above they are playing with Uni under 18's at the recommendation of the Academy. Apparently it is so they can keep a closer eye on them.

Not too good for the club that helped develop them.
    that is the biggest load of bullshit out. Dwayne or anybody involved with the acedamy will never recommend a club or tell a player to move.

The 2 mentioned players left Joondalup after a of field incident . If Joondalup looked after them and treated them fairly then they would still have been at Joondalup.

So don't comment on things you know nothing about!

It is amusing how a tread that was started to discuss the performance of our U16's has turned into a bagging exercises. If you can't comment on what the topic says then go and create your own thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast