Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kurtley Beale in court on assault charge

Champion
    vCash
    Shasta, Alison, Happy - I have no moral argument with what you are saying. In days gone by a Wallaby would have stood himself down if he felt he was bringing some disrespect onto the team. I guess I am playing a bit of devil's advocate and offering a different aspect.

There are a few unripe apples in this group and they need some counsel before they become bad.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    IMHO:
    Better to get the perpetrator and victim to kiss and make up, hug and shake hands or whatever. (thow in some signed caps and footballs, tickets to games for good measure) Then get some pictures, say a word or two penned by a spin doctor and close the book. Some good PR will ensure the public know that that the naughty boy is punished, victim is compensated and all is well because Wallabies sometimes make mistakes, but they do they own up to them and fix them up.

The alternative is to burden the taxpayer by an adding to an already over overwhelmed court system, then potentially (although unlikely in this case) another guest of Her Majesty. Enhancing the Treasury's accounts with a fine doesn't truly reflect the costs involved, so why bother.

I rest my case.

Last edited by normie; 25-07-12 at 15:28.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    IMHO:
    Better to get the perpetrator and victim to kiss and make up, hug and shake hands or whatever. (thow in some signed caps and footballs, tickets to games for good measure) Then get some pictures, say a word or two penned by a spin doctor and close the book. Some good PR will ensure the public know that that the naughty boy is punished, victim is compensated and all is well because Wallabies sometimes make mistakes, but they do they own up to them and fix them up.

The alternative is to burden the taxpayer by an adding to an already over overwhelmed court system, then potentially (although unlikely in this case) another guest of Her Majesty. Enhancing the Treasury's accounts with a fine doesn't truly reflect the costs involved, so why bother.

I rest my case.
    All fair points Normie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2