Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Joondalup 2nd Grade 2013?

Apprentice
    vCash

How it worked before

Having played before in playoff matches for rockingham against Sthn Lions.... the way it worked then and the "Only way" it could work now...... The No 1 club in the district comp..... Sthn Lions..... Challenged the wooden spooners in the premier comp...... (Rockingham)..... We then played a game with the winners given leave to remain in or enter the top flight providing certain criterea were met (No of Teams.... registered players etc etc)...... My experience on the 2 occasions this occured..... A very one sided victory to the Premier encumbants..... there's a huge gap between premier grade and 3rd grade black............

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I remember a few years ago, Wests played Joondalup in a preseason game, which was a curtain raiser for a Force game. Wests thumped them by 50 points and went on to be wooden spooners in the comp.

vCash
    Unfortunately a so called 'District Club' would never be competitive against a lower Premier Team without serious financial assistance.

A start would be a NPC/ITM Cup style competition in 2nd and 3rd grades with both comp's having a Div I & Div II

Just an Idea and by all means far from perfect

Premier (1st) Grade
    2nd grade Div I & II
    3rd grade Div I & II
    4th grade Gold
    4th grade blue
    U20
    U18

Putting the Non-Prem clubs in 2nd grade Div II with the winner going up into Div I and the Div I wooden spooner dropping into Div II.

This would really give clubs something to aim for and keeps the Premier Grade intact to produce professional players and a high standard of rugby.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    These random clubs should piss off and not be heard from. They really are oxygen thieves.

Why would the rugby authorities even give them the time of day. Leave the major clubs as the flagship and let the so-called district clubs have their own little competition somewhere we don't have to see them. They contribute zip to developing elite players in WA. Not one of them has ever done anything that would warrant consideration for promotion.

Its bloody disruptive when our team have to travel to woop woop to make these rednecks feel good about themselves. We want to keep our teams together.

Go Neddies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    These random clubs should piss off and not be heard from. They really are oxygen thieves.

Why would the rugby authorities even give them the time of day. Leave the major clubs as the flagship and let the so-called district clubs have their own little competition somewhere we don't have to see them. They contribute zip to developing elite players in WA. Not one of them has ever done anything that would warrant consideration for promotion.

Its bloody disruptive when our team have to travel to woop woop to make these rednecks feel good about themselves. We want to keep our teams together.

Go Neddies.
    Rumourmonger is that you?

Perhaps they could create a Super-Elite Premiership league with just Nedlands and Cottesloe. Every game would be a Grand Final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post

Perhaps they could create a Super-Elite Premiership league with just Nedlands and Cottesloe. Every game would be a Grand Final.
    so it would be like a force scratch match every week?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash

Go Neddies.
    How's Neddies Juniors being going over the past several years Darkness?

They (Jnr's) contributed much to Western Australia's Jnr Representitive setup's - Regional 14s, 15s, 16s or State 15s, 16s or School Boy's Team's?

A bit worried there Darkness; If the District clubs were playing 2nd or 3rd Grade's you mite have to start producing your own junior's to step up?

Oxygen theives - Contributed Zip - Rednecks??????
    Darkness.........mental health issues buddy, it's Thursday relax mate

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Pacman,Darkness is a product of another poster's fertile imaginationFunny how a rocky supporter can love the Nedlands third grade so much,isn't it?

vCash
    argh yes the Infamous RM - Dream's are free when trapped in RockingNam...

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post

No its not f-----ing RumourMonger. The world has moved on and WA rugby will have senior clubs like Nedlands who will focus on senior, top level teams and there will be other clubs where juniors and lower grade or social teams will play. Thats the future and thats the way things are elsewhere in the rugby world.

In 10 years time I think there'll be less first grade teams in Perth and a totally different structure down the grades. Think the first grade clubs that do survive will just have 1sts, 2nds, and a couple of colts teams. All other rugby will be will be played at lower divisions eg district clubs.

Go Neddies.

vCash
    No its not f-----ing RumourMonger. The world has moved on and WA rugby will have senior clubs like Nedlands who will focus on senior, top level teams and there will be other clubs where juniors and lower grade or social teams will play. Thats the future and thats the way things are elsewhere in the rugby world.

In 10 years time I think there'll be less first grade teams in Perth and a totally different structure down the grades. Think the first grade clubs that do survive will just have 1sts, 2nds, and a couple of colts teams. All other rugby will be will be played at lower divisions eg district clubs.

Go Neddies.
    You're a funny man/woman darkness. I assume darkness refers to where you are writing this as not much sense is coming out. You may have guessed I was involved in rugby north of Hillary's (yes there is such a place) and I still feel very loyal to the genuine rugby community there. How I miss those meetings at RWA where wankers moaned about having to travel up or down the freeway for 30 mins. There there, never mind precious. Daddys packed the shovel and blanket in the boot and there's hot tea in the thermos. I drove 5 hours to Singapore last month so my son could play for his team in a tournament- with no blanket (hard as f#ck). You might want to look at the definition of redneck by the way- seems you're promoting Neddies as the redneck centre of Perth. I hope you're not taken seriously there either xx (in case you are indeed a woman)

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

vCash

Go Neddies.
    I agree there should be less teams in Premier Grade, given Perth's rugby population 8 is right for a Premiership Grade accompanied with Reserve Grade. Then a Championship Grade accompanied with Reserve Grade (3rds&4ths) or Championship Div I & II which is your District clubs and Premier clubs 3rds and down if they have them.

Has the world moved on? I know Gordon Rugby Club have Juniors, Ponsonby Rugby Club have 30+ Junior teams - these two clubs are some of the biggest in the world in very very high rugby population areas, unlike Perth Rugby.

The thing is - your dark attitude and looking down your nose at smaller clubs wont acheive bloody anything, all it will do is keep WA Rugby fighting amongst each other and the laughing stock of SANZAR. RWA need a streamlined, 8 team Prem Comp and then something for the District Clubs & 3rd grade just below Prems/Reserses so they can hold their head high when they Win a Championship Div I or II.

Yes Palmyra for example, may one day shift their Juniors (6s to 13s) to a new club ground down the road, but they will always be called 'Paly Jnrs' with the aim to play 'Paly Snrs' just like their Dad once did as they were Ball Boys watching on.

Thats club Rugby and always will be - you've been watching too much S15 and French Rugby on TV Darkness. Try opening your blinds, step out the front door into the light and embrace the Real World.

As previously stated, I don't think you're taken all that seriously down at The Foreshore (one would hope)

Oh - Good luck driving the Neddies bus around on a Tuesday & Thurday to convey your Youth in the area too a District club to play rugby, that'll be healthy for the game.

Rookie
    vCash
    The reason neddies don't want "district clubs " is about 80% off the players , members , supporters live up the freeway an if a district club rose up to first grade they'd lose a hell of alot , just a few egos keeping all the golden eggs in one Basket !
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash

Westie man

One option would be for an existing premier club to move into the northern corridor but that will probably never happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    One option would be for an existing premier club to move into the northern corridor but that will probably never happen
    Any particular existing team?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast