Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Joondalup - Premier Grade Pretenders?

Player
    vCash
    I thought Nedlands 3s looked a class above Mandurah, Curtin and Kalamunda with a few x State players like Trefor Thomas.
    With the greatest respect to Kala's fitness program the Kala 3rds looked very unfit compared to the other three GF teams. As soon as Nedlands worked out that the way to go was to run the ball away from Kala's big and hugely slow guys it was all over.
    It would be interesting to put Kala 3s v Curtin 3s who looked very fit and could run all day. I don't think Mandurah or Curtin would win over Nedlands 3s but would give them a good run, but both Curtin and Mandurah would be very competitive v Kala 3s as long as they don't get sucked into a mauling forward dominated slow game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    I thought Nedlands 3s looked a class above Mandurah, Curtin and Kalamunda with a few x State players like Trefor Thomas.
    With the greatest respect to Kala's fitness program the Kala 3rds looked very unfit compared to the other three GF teams. As soon as Nedlands worked out that the way to go was to run the ball away from Kala's big and hugely slow guys it was all over.
    It would be interesting to put Kala 3s v Curtin 3s who looked very fit and could run all day. I don't think Mandurah or Curtin would win over Nedlands 3s but would give them a good run, but both Curtin and Mandurah would be very competitive v Kala 3s as long as they don't get sucked into a mauling forward dominated slow game.
    Yeah they had a few ex first graders in their 3rd grade and looked pretty sharp.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Cavaliers would smoke Mandurah or Curtin. Too big and too strong. That Black Competition is more a social grade.

Go Neddies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Cavaliers would smoke Mandurah or Curtin. Too big and too strong. That Black Competition is more a social grade.

Go Neddies.
    A quick stop at the Nedlands website would show you that the Cavaliers are in the 4th Grade Blue comp, not 3rd grade.
    But a true Neddies supporter like yourself would know that.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Hello RugbyFan, wakey wakey - that's my point. Nedlands social grade could beat some of these outfits in the district competition.

vCash

Thumbs up Joondalup the stroy so far - Fact or Fiction

Reading through this post it’s obvious that most of the comments are coming from people with very limited or absolutely no knowledge on the club so let me assist in providing some facts for you to work with and not the crap that’s being posted currently. I understand that Prem clubs throughout the competition would be nervous about JB becoming a Premier Grade Club as they would basically lose their feeder club.

FACT - We have a large junior base that develops a high amount of top shelf players. This season alone saw 8 north regional U14’s players, 7 North regional under 15’s, 5 north regional u16’s selected from JB, plus 5 state U15’s and 4 state u16’s selected. There were also another 2 JB developed juniors selected in state school boys and also state U16’s. We must be doing something right!
    FACT - the club supports their juniors far greater than any other club in WA. This season alone $8k was spent on paying state fees and also in funding a player’s trip to the UK to play during the off season to further develop.
    QUESTION - How many clubs have the ability, structure or desire to develop their juniors so they can produce their own Premier grade players? This is JB's focus and we have taken significant steps to do this with our Youth Academy and Players Scholarships. We don't rape and pillage other clubs junior ranks once they achieve state or RWA academy inclusion.
    FACT – The club is not broke; if you have attended any home games you will see a very vibrant atmosphere; a well-stocked bar, plenty of food and a healthy supporter base. Add to this the band which is made up of JB players/managers and supporters!
    QUESTION – How many Premier Grade clubs are struggling financially? I know quite a few, some struggle to meet player payments, or can’t stock their bar.
    FACT - JB has a very strong and committed Sponsorship group, a group that is very active within our club and not just a name on a jersey. We have a very saleable brand and that’s how we attract the level of sponsors that we currently have.
    FACT - There are many reasons why clubs part with coaches and we are no different. So why JB is put under the microscope and subjected to rumours about our viability for undertaking similar processes is an absolute joke.
    QUESTION – How many coaching changes at Premier Grade happened at season’s end 2011? How many overall changes coaching changes have happened throughout an entire club from one season to the next?
    FACT – The Northern corridor has experienced the greatest growth in WA. Both Joondalup and Wanneroo have experienced an ongoing growth and will continue to do so. Wanneroo would not be weakened by JB’s inclusion into Premier grade.
    FACT – There are currently 83 players registered and playing in either Premier Grade or Second grade at other clubs that live in the Joondalup Area or played in our juniors.
    FACT – RWA & JB have a verbal understanding that JB are not to poach Premier Grade players from other clubs however JB have been given no protection from RWA in protecting our talented juniors from being poached by other clubs.
    FACT – JB is very active within the local community and supports a few charities and local initiatives. We work closely with City of Joondalup and have the Cities crest on our playing jerseys. This is part of being a community based sporting club, a club that represents its region with pride. This should be the nucleus of every club in WA shouldn’t it?
    FACT – The JB club rooms are a newly opened facility (just completed our first yr.) which at present is shared across 4 sporting clubs. It’s a new venture, and like everything new it takes a little time to work through the bugs. We all have experienced this. You are kidding yourself if you think everything runs perfectly all the time.
    In parting - The club is 13 years young and during this time it has grown into a great club, a club that is able to provide a place for over 550 players to take the field every week and play the game we all love. It has a vibrant heartbeat which is evident in seeing young kids, wives and partners, players past and present along with supporters and sponsors all enjoying each other’s company at the after game functions. Isn’t this what rugby clubs are all about?

The growth and development, as with all sports clubs, was based on a massive amount of hard work from committed volunteers. JB has aspirations to continue its development and the development of our local players and deliver to them an opportunity to play at the highest level clubs can offer. The clubs is working extremely hard to achieve this so for those of you who have no clue about the club to assume we are sitting back is once again ridiculous! Why the negative spray that some of you are throwing out in this forum is beyond comprehension. Mandurah are to be congratulated on their season’s performance, as many clubs such as Associates and others should be, we don’t need to target and put down other clubs in an attempt to somehow propel others into a more positive light. How about looking at the positives of JB and give credit where credit is due. Contact me if you want any more facts as I would enjoy chatting further.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post

The growth and development, as with all sports clubs, was based on a massive amount of hard work from committed volunteers. JB has aspirations to continue its development and the development of our local players and deliver to them an opportunity to play at the highest level clubs can offer. The clubs is working extremely hard to achieve this so for those of you who have no clue about the club to assume we are sitting back is once again ridiculous! Why the negative spray that some of you are throwing out in this forum is beyond comprehension. Mandurah are to be congratulated on their season’s performance, as many clubs such as Associates and others should be, we don’t need to target and put down other clubs in an attempt to somehow propel others into a more positive light. How about looking at the positives of JB and give credit where credit is due. Contact me if you want any more facts as I would enjoy chatting further.
    Yes I do think Joondalup will thrive if they do get into the Prem division, there are now so many players that live up that way, I can't see it not succeeding, albeit 3 - 5 years after joining prems. What I don't get is the choice of location for the new clubhouse with only one pitch. Is there room for a second pitch there? Also will the current pitch be leveled,it's concave! Are there any other options for JB to move or are they going to stay put?

vCash
    Good on you.
    I have spent a few arvos and evenings at JB and been around when you have had the kids training.
    I think you have a great club and a welcoming atmospher. Keep it going I will be around next year.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yeahbaby; we are merely asking the question. The last guy I knew that used the term "Yeahbaby"was smoking something illegal!

It is clear from your attempt to defend JB's position that there are issues that will prevent them ascending to Premier Grade status any time soon. Don't even have to read between the lines.

Having a full bar is not an indication of financial viability! You probably haven't paid for it yet. Many pubs go down the tube with lots of stock!

The real question is how well is the club structured and managed; does it have in place a vision and is it able to strategise to achieve that vision?

Mums and Dads watching their kids play rugby does not automatically translate into enough $ to put a Premier Grade team on the paddock as much as it might give you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

There is no doubt that JB has good junior numbers and a good catchment area - the real questions arise when people see the way the club's facilities / affairs are structured, their ongoing expenses versus likely revenue sources, the type of people involved in managing the club, etc. Not a good look from where I'm sitting. Some poor strategies have been put into place over the past 5 years at JB and won't be a quick fix to get the ship back on track.

Go to the JB AGM and ask your Treasurer how much JB has in the bank. I know the answer and its not pretty.

If JB are in Premier Grade in 2014 then I'll buy Hansie lunch!

vCash
    Yes there are solid plans in place for a second pitch to be ready for season 2014. There is plenty of room with some development of the western bank which would then provide enough room for 2 full size pitches. The lighting is also due to be replaced before start of next season. In the Joondalup area there are 35 AFL pitches and only 2 rugby fields, a massive amount of work has happened in looking at our "Home" base and the desission has been made to stay at the Arena. In the Joondalup area spare space is something there is much of unlike the southern outer clubs such as Southern Lions, Mandurah and Rockingham. There are always risks involved with change, it is a risk expanding the Prem comp but its a risk worth taking.

vCash
    Ask the questions then but of people who know! Get facts not made up rubbish from clueless people. Are you merely an onlooker or do you roll your sleeves up and contribute to your local club? The so called attempt to defend was a outline of some facts. Onwards and upwards…

I believe that we are members on this site because we love the game and are passionate about it from a grass roots level right through to the international teams we support. JB don’t profess to be perfect but we have a strong belief in our club and the people within it. How can our ambitions and visions be detrimental to the development of the game in WA? The club is well run and meet weekly during the off season with our strategic management group.

Senior Player
    vCash
    "Ask the questions then but of people who know! Get facts not made up rubbish from clueless people."

That's a terrible thing to say about your club's Treasurer!

vCash
    Hmmm ... don't Mandurah & Rockingham have brand new facilities, at least two pitches, thriving juniors representing the state as well hosting a full round of finals this season just gone?
    Are these facts?

Apprentice Contributor Big Boots's Avatar
    vCash
    Geez Rumor munger, you sound like you have been sucking on a pair of vinegar tits all your life. Have you ever tried to be a Club President?

Champion
    vCash
    Couple of good post's Yeah Baby 7 Love the passion ,good luck

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast