Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Joondalup - Premier Grade Pretenders?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Don't drop your guard Yeahbaby7. Its only a stones throw from Double View to that happy hunting ground of Joondalup!

Westies suddenly become your best friend; well until half your under 16s don't turn up for pre-season training anyway!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    You are such a dickhead,wonder how much you've contributed to local rugby if anything at all

Rookie
    vCash
    Joondalup are passionate about their rugby - they never quibble about travelling to other venues - even saw teams in Bunbury recently supporting regional rugby.

Their Academy set up is a fantastic way to support and keep players playing during those teen years.

Rugby WA has placed quotas of players and sponsorship to be met for a premier grade team to come into the competition.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boots View Post
    Geez Rumor munger, you sound like you have been sucking on a pair of vinegar tits all your life. Have you ever tried to be a Club President?
    Put the boots in why don't you.

vCash

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post
    There are always risks involved with change, it is a risk expanding the Prem comp but its a risk worth taking.
    As I see it Joondalup don't have a problem with starting things, it's just that they seem to lose direction. Maybe the direction is too loose - i.e "Go Premier Grade".

A few examples which could easily be remedied:
    The Juniors have a good turnout, and enthusiastic parents - moving into under 18s and beyond it is clear that these players have heaps of technical problems, that aren't acted upon, which is why Joondalup have such a poor history in the colts, (it's not the effect of poaching).

There have been a number of coaches appointed there, and once they're in, it's like any new guy at a job, without supervision/feedback, he starts to slack off.

Whoever oversees the coach - especially the Head coach there - needs to feedback to them what the expectation is, and forget the friendship if things aren't being done - i.e. the coach is not interacting with other coaching staff, only showing an interest in the "winning" junior team, then the coach needs to be treated like any other employee, leaving things to spiral out of control to the end of the season is too late, and it reflects badly on management.

2c worth of ideas:
    Install: A top Under 18s coach with a brief to identify, and push through Premier Grade players.
    A top coach with Premier Grade experience (for the Senior Grades) - yep, it costs, but you've been paying a lot for a while for very little for the money, this person has KPIs, and works with the other coaches, and the coaching director.
    A real coaching director - one who gives feedback, and has an aim and vision.

My feeling is there are a few there who are good "clubmen", but should not have any say in the running of the club. Someone needs to take the reins, and remind people of their duties and requirements.

vCash
    Mandurah and Rockingham have fantastic facilities that are the envy of most, from the outside these clubs also look well run and are enjoying success, they deserve a big congratulations...JB isn't looking to put down any club in a vain attempt to discredit them. KEV not sure what your point is! JB doesn’t have an us against them mentality. It’s no secret that JB has a desire to become a Premier Grade club. Like I said before there is huge belief in the club and collectively we will pursue elevation to Prem. There is nothing sinister about this, our desires would be mirrored in other non prem clubs and good luck to clubs such as Mandurah and Southern Lions. It’s about growing rugby and offering opportunities to our player base. Personal attacks on hard working volunteers from the likes of RumorMonger are un called for. Maybe these people are a glass half empty type of person and enjoys looking at the world through negative glasses. For the record, RWA undertook a survey of all the Premier Grade clubs and they voted unanimously to support JB’s inclusion! Happy day’s boys…

vCash
    I am aware and know of this coach. The players did not play for him, the top players were looking to leave if he was reappointed. This coach was also responsoble for coaches and multiple players from the same age group leaving for Cottelsoe 2 years earlier...make sure the facts are known before waiding into debate such as this. The coaching review on the coach in question after attending a level 2 coach course from RWA was that he was well below where a L2 should be. JB supported this coach and pushed hard with RWA to have him included on the L2 coaches course. They paid his $250 fee as well, he was also invited to a coach the coaches course run by Bob Dwyer. The best indication of a coaches ability is reflected in the playing groups desire to play for him, believe in his abilities and on this instance the better players weren't responding or developing under him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    How can you be the Minor and Major champions in 2011 with 2 teams in the age group and be no where in 2012

I am aware and know of this coach. The players did not play for him, the top players were looking to leave if he was reappointed. This coach was also responsoble for coaches and multiple players from the same age group leaving for Cottelsoe 2 years earlier...make sure the facts are known before waiding into debate such as this. The coaching review on the coach in question after attending a level 2 coach course from RWA was that he was well below where a L2 should be. JB supported this coach and pushed hard with RWA to have him included on the L2 coaches course. They paid his $250 fee as well, he was also invited to a coach the coaches course run by Bob Dwyer. The best indication of a coaches ability is reflected in the playing groups desire to play for him, believe in his abilities and on this instance the better players weren't responding or developing under him.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    As I see it Joondalup don't have a problem with starting things, it's just that they seem to lose direction. Maybe the direction is too loose - i.e "Go Premier Grade".

A few examples which could easily be remedied:
    The Juniors have a good turnout, and enthusiastic parents - moving into under 18s and beyond it is clear that these players have heaps of technical problems, that aren't acted upon, which is why Joondalup have such a poor history in the colts, (it's not the effect of poaching).

There have been a number of coaches appointed there, and once they're in, it's like any new guy at a job, without supervision/feedback, he starts to slack off.

Whoever oversees the coach - especially the Head coach there - needs to feedback to them what the expectation is, and forget the friendship if things aren't being done - i.e. the coach is not interacting with other coaching staff, only showing an interest in the "winning" junior team, then the coach needs to be treated like any other employee, leaving things to spiral out of control to the end of the season is too late, and it reflects badly on management.

2c worth of ideas:
    Install: A top Under 18s coach with a brief to identify, and push through Premier Grade players.
    A top coach with Premier Grade experience (for the Senior Grades) - yep, it costs, but you've been paying a lot for a while for very little for the money, this person has KPIs, and works with the other coaches, and the coaching director.
    A real coaching director - one who gives feedback, and has an aim and vision.

My feeling is there are a few there who are good "clubmen", but should not have any say in the running of the club. Someone needs to take the reins, and remind people of their duties and requirements.
    Constructive input, agree on most. Good Thread.

Champion
    vCash
    For the record, RWA undertook a survey of all the Premier Grade clubs and they voted unanimously to support JB’s inclusion!

I think you had better check your sauce on that information. You might find things are not quite as you seem to think.

Last edited by wholetruth; 16-10-12 at 10:26.

vCash
    That came from the CRAC...

vCash
    The CRAC ... well say no more, it must be true! NOT

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post
    That came from the CRAC...
    As I said, check your sauces.
    The CRAC has NEVER done a survey of other clubs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    For the record, RWA undertook a survey of all the Premier Grade clubs and they voted unanimously to support JB’s inclusion!

I think you had better check your sauce on that information. You might find things are not quite as you seem to think.
    Sauce, tomato or mustard?

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Champion
    vCash
    Catchup - because that is what Joondalup will never be able to do

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast