Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sean and Mitch Marsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    The Marsh brothers weren't dropped for the crucial must win clash...they were dropped for the dead rubber a week later. I guess it's OK to make an example of them when it doesn't matter.
    but they were dropped because of the night out 3 days before the Deli game which was a must win. once the comp wasnt in the balance they were then dropped.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Having a bunch of beers on your or your brother's 21st birthday is hardly a "path to destruction".

Too many nancy wancy types about nowadays. These boys probably grew up around their father and the Aussie cricket teams men doing the same thing. Everyone needs to get over it and let them blow off some steam once in a while. Same with all sportsmen.

Incidentally - Pretty sure you can get pole-axed three days before a T20 and still put in 100%.
    This isn't the only time it's happened though. As I've said about JOC, QC and KB before, these guys are not just ordinary 20something-year-olds. And professional sport is not like the amateur days of old. They are paid a lot of money and punters and sponsors expect more than this sort of headline in return.

If they want to behave like tools, they should choose another profession where they don't have a high public profile. Their choice.

vCash
    I think I'll take that on board.
    (with a sprig of parsley of course )

Champion
    vCash
    They've been treated worse in the media than Lance Armstrong, FFS cut these guys some slack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    They've been treated worse in the media than Lance Armstrong, FFS cut these guys some slack.
    To be expected when they are in a local team as opposed to half a world away I guess

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    This isn't the only time it's happened though. As I've said about JOC, QC and KB before, these guys are not just ordinary 20something-year-olds. And professional sport is not like the amateur days of old. They are paid a lot of money and punters and sponsors expect more than this sort of headline in return.

If they want to behave like tools, they should choose another profession where they don't have a high public profile. Their choice.
    If that's what you think then you are part of the problem.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    but they were dropped because of the night out 3 days before the Deli game which was a must win. once the comp wasnt in the balance they were then dropped.
    Yes. If CA and WACA were serious about how bad it was then they should have had the balls to drop them for the crucial game. The fact that they didn't means that it wasn't that big a deal and now it has been blown up by the piss weak media.

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Rules are rules and if you cant abide by them, you must suffer the consequences..! What would your thoughts be if it had been our back row out partying before a match against the Tahs...?? Take it serious or give it up and allow someone in who wants to be there..!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Australian sportsmen who's behaviour affected the Australian team's chances have been treated worse in the Australian media than an American sportsman who cheated in a French race? My God - how must the Marshs be being treated in L'Equipe or the New York Times?

If the Marsh brothers were punished, presumably it's for breaking teams rules; and if the rules state no getting plastered during the period of the competition and they did then they should be punished.

If they'd gone to the team management and said "Can we go out and have a few beers?" do you really think the coaches would have said no?
    Even if the coaches did, saying the beers may affect you 3 days in the future, then did the Marshs really have to drink on the birthday, or could they have waited until after the comp, and maintained their chance of representing their country?

vCash
    I don't get what you mean about me being part of the problem SC, but either way we're never going to see eye to eye on this one I don't think.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Haven't read it all above, but heard on radio today that the team had a slap up dinner for the birthday and then the brothers kicked on.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash

Interesting blog by Will Carling in the context of this discussion

vCash
    Shaun Marsh was dropped from the WA squad for the upcoming double header vs the Victards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Shaun Marsh was dropped from the WA squad for the upcoming double header vs the Victards
    Given his recent form, doesn't this slightly improve our chances?

vCash
    Who knows

There isn't alot of depth in the WA side at the moment

One of the better bowlers in the side is on Aus A duties - one of the few decent selections in the Aus A side.

Liam Davis is on Aus A duties as well but he is a crab

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Liam Davis is on Aus A duties as well but he is a crab
    Ordinarliy I would agree with you wholeheartedly. There was never a bigger crab in the Worriers lineup.

But last year the Davis kiddie seemed to have "turned the corner" and put in way more good performances than bad. Which was about bleedin' time. Hence his call up to Aus A.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast