Thread: Telethon humbles aching Fuller

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Telethon humbles aching Fuller

Jayne Rickard,

The West Australian November 13, 2012, 5:06 am

Former rugby league champion Matt Fuller spent yesterday in and out of ice baths after a gruelling 24 hours on a ergo grinder exercise machine to raise money for Telethon.

It will take him a couple of months to recover fully from the incredible feat, which raised more than $50,000.

Fuller was relaxing and helping his wife with chores yesterday after 24 hours without a break on the hand-pedal machine at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.

His lower arms are virtually numb and his back and neck are sore but the former Western Reds captain did not rule out putting his body on the line again next year for sick kids.

"I'm pretty drained, physically and mentally," Fuller said. "I got a good night's sleep last night though.

"I'll have about a week's rest off normal training and then I'll just get back into normal health and fitness."

Fuller has raised well over $250,000 by putting his body through incredible physical endurance feats for the past four Telethons.

"I'm very humbled by the whole Telethon experience," he said. "I train all year but for the past four or five months, the whole focus is just on the event. It's definitely worth it."

New Telethon Institute for Child Health Research director Jonathan Carapetis said his first Telethon exceeded all expectations.

In his six months in WA, he had heard much about the event but was amazed at the number of people involved and their enthusiasm.

He said knowing the WA community was so firmly behind the institute was great motivation.

Telethon this year raised a record $16,805,622.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...aching-fuller/

Onya Sheep, great work

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Apparently he literally doesn't stop at all during the 24 hours, no toilet breaks (he uses a bottle) and he liquidises his food prior and drank it through a straw! Now that's commitment!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Champion
    vCash
    ole "Sheep", played with him at the Western Reds, he is a machine, and first hooker to average 50 tackles a game in 1996.